Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Good High School Starter truhooper's Avatar

Default Why does Kobe demanding a trade in 07 get swept under the rug?

"I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

Bryant, interviewed by Stephen A. Smith, was asked if there was anything the Lakers could do to change his mind?

"No," Bryant said. "I just want them to do the right thing."

(You can listen to the whole thing. He leaves little doubt. He says he wants to be traded both because he has been lied to and because he isn't confident in their ability to surround him with appropriate talent.)

At the end of the show, Stephen A. Smith asks: "Is there ANYTHING the Los Angeles Lakers can do to get you to remain with the organization?"

And Bryant responds: "No, bro."

I've seen people talk about how loyal Duncan ( ) Dirk ( ) & Kobe ( ) are to their original teams, yet Kobe was ready to quit on the Lakers.

Default Re: Why does Kobe demanding a trade in 07 get swept under the rug?

He wanted to play on Pluto before "coming back to LA".

Kobe almost went to the Clippers, or Chicago in his 2004 free agency. Then was demanding to be traded to Chicago in the summer of 2007. He complained about the Lakers one every sports talk radio show that summer.

Kobe's never been about being loyal, he's about doing what is best for Kobe by all means necessary.

See his current contract that could've been used to add pieces to compete for championships.

Loyalty doesnt exist in business.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Not even just the trade demand. What about him snitching?

duncan won in second year after entering the league although i think he would have stayed in SA regardless. Guys like duncan and dirk want to win but they see life differently as compared to guys like lebron and kobe.
    Dirk also said in his interview with grantland a few days back that he might have left if they didn't win in 2011.
    These sports fans who expect loyalty from players and not owners are the same people who bitch about rich getting away with shit a normal person would not be able to. they also bitch about how their boss is making their job harder and not paying them enough.

Decent playground baller

Kuphack promised Kobe he would build a good team around him and the best he could do was Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, Smush Parker, and Chris Mihm.

Lakers wasted Kobe's prime years from 2005-2007 with garbage players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    duncan won in second year after entering the league although i think he would have stayed in SA regardless. Guys like duncan and dirk want to win but they see life differently as compared to guys like lebron and kobe.
    Dirk also said in his interview with grantland a few days back that he might have left if they didn't win in 2011.
    These sports fans who expect loyalty from players and not owners are the same people who bitch about rich getting away with shit a normal person would not be able to. they also bitch about how their boss is making their job harder and not paying them enough.
    Duncan was constantly in winning positions. If the Spurs were full of scrubs he would have left. Dirk as well.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Duncan was constantly in winning positions. If the Spurs were full of scrubs he would have left. Dirk as well.
    the thing is that unless he was drafted by some idiot owner like dolan, it is very easy to create a good team around duncan.
    duncan would not have left if he was reaching 2nd round or conference finals in most years which is not hard to do if you give good shooters around duncan and guys who don't turn the ball over a lot when trying to pass to him inside.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Not even just the trade demand. What about him snitching?
    Kobe apparently told the detective it in a matter of fact respone like ' damn i shouldve paid for my chicks like Shaq." The detective aired out Kobe by giving details of Kobe's questioning which shouldve been kept secret. For instance, if you and your friend say, " Damn I think Jeff is chetaing on his chick, are you snitching ? But if your friend started telling everyone what you said, are your a snitch for discussing that Jeff might be cheating.

Snitching is when you tell the wife her dude is cheating which Kobe didnt do.

That said, what Kobe did with Malone was bad. If the dude is calling your wife, be a man and confront him man to man and not in the media.

Reading that gave me cancer.

Who is "Kobe"? I've never heard of him.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by truhooper
    "I would like to be traded, yeah," Bryant said on 1050 ESPN Radio in New York. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

Bryant, interviewed by Stephen A. Smith, was asked if there was anything the Lakers could do to change his mind?

"No," Bryant said. "I just want them to do the right thing."

(You can listen to the whole thing. He leaves little doubt. He says he wants to be traded both because he has been lied to and because he isn't confident in their ability to surround him with appropriate talent.)

At the end of the show, Stephen A. Smith asks: "Is there ANYTHING the Los Angeles Lakers can do to get you to remain with the organization?"

And Bryant responds: "No, bro."

I've seen people talk about how loyal Duncan ( ) Dirk ( ) & Kobe ( ) are to their original teams, yet Kobe was ready to quit on the Lakers.
    You think Duncan would be happy with Kwame, Smush, and Luke Walton.

Duncan had Sean Elliot who was replaced with Bruce Bowen.
    Duncan had Avery Johnson who was replaced with Tony Parker
    Mario Elie replaced by Manu Ginobili

The only downgrade Spurs had in Duncans tenure was at Center when Robinson was replaced by endless bums.

Kobe had Derek Fisher and Brian Shaw replaced with Smush Parker and Von Wafer
    Kobe had Horace Grant and Robert Horry replaced with Kwame Brown and Brian Cook.
    Kobe had Shaq who was replaced with Chris Mihm.
    Kobe had Rick Fox replaced by Luke Walton

Lakers downgraded in every position from 2005-2007 until Kobe had enough and called out Kupchack.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

ISH, where they spend 80% of the time trying to disprove Kobe's legacy.

And 100% to circle jerking Lebron.

Because he played his ass off from Day 1 of practice when the actual season started...

He forced management to get better players to back him up, stuck with his team, and brought three trips to the finals and two championships.

I don't know why that's worse than, say, promising your city a championship and then bolting to another player's team.

EDIT: By the way, I see you've been here since 2011. I know you're being a dipshit troll, but this gets brought up all the fvcking time by retards trying to knock down Kobe. If Lebron did the same thing to Cleveland but stayed with his team, you'd be slurping his balls and talking about how great he is for forcing his team to get quality players around him.
    Last edited by SpecialQue; 02-24-2014 at 08:27 PM.