Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Paul George Can be the Best Player on a Champion, but Melo Can't?

Melo could be a champion, he's just like LeBron where he needs a supremely stacked supporting cast to do so.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Well, seems most people think Indiana has a legit shot to win the title and...George is the best player on that team.

Use yo brain

long long road before winning a chip. then call him a champion, at this point he isn't that was my point. they won't get past miami and then the best team from the west

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Because he isn't a ballstopper/non-playmaker.

George would be the best player on the Pacers like Billups was the best player on the Pistons.

Banned

George > Melo, especially given his ability to guard Bran/KD which is very important.

Melo probably would've won in 2012 next to Wade and Bosh, and maybe even 2011, but he wouldn't have been the best player. Wade would have been.

If he was drafted by the Pistons and learned to play more of a team game early on, maybe he could have won there.

Do I think Melo could win on the Pacers in place of George? No. Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    please give me the number of the guy(s) that said Paul George Can be the Best Player on a Champion maybe for a respectable fee he can lend me his time machine
    He's the consensus best player on the Pacers and they're one of the 4 that's going to win it all this year.

Dragic=GOAT, kobe=beta

Quote Originally Posted by 16X
    George > Melo, especially given his ability to guard Bran/KD which is very important.

Do I think Melo could win on the Pacers in place of George? No. Probably not.
    You do realise Melo outplays both Lebron/KD most of the time right? as much as I hate to admit it...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorleone
    You do realise Melo outplays both Lebron/KD most of the time right? as much as I hate to admit it...
    In the regular season. I don't like Melo's chances in the Playoffs. Playoffs is a different beast.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Neither will ever be the best or win a chip. Melo is a black hole chucker who plays no D, and Paul George is beta as ****.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Melo plays for himself
    PG plays for a team

Melo on the Pacers playing like he been playing this season and the Pacers win 82 games.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

no

Quote Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
    Melo plays for himself
    PG plays for a team
    This couldn't be further from the truth & just plain ignorant

George is elite defensively and plays within the team concept offensively, two things Carmelo is incapable of doing.

If both were free agents and you had cap space you would have to be an idiot to give it to Carmelo and not George.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    they are a team though, the pacers aren't a one man show. yeah george may be the most talented but they are an overall solid well built team. Melo on this team would have a shot of winning aswell if he played into the teams game plans.

the issue with george is he will end up being overpayed to be a number 1 guy and the team won't be able to afford to put solid players around him.
    That's exactly what's gonna happen.