Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: GT: 2/19/14 - Orlando Magic (16-39) vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (21-33) 6 PM CT

Quote Originally Posted by HeyIt'sMe
    I've seen him play plenty. He hasn't improved at all from his first year to his second year. I just don't understand some of these Cavs' fans love affair with the guy.

Literally nothing about him screams "star" or even "good" NBA basketball player. He has some skills, sure, but so does anyone who makes it to this level.
    His defense and shooting have both improved dramatically. And why do I think he can be a star? Well he can take games over offensively. He has the handles and passing ability to be a point guard and can pull up from anywhere on the court. He can also get to the basket pretty easily and finishes well most of the time. I'm not saying he's on the level of guys like Kobe and Wade but if he works hard enough there's no reason he can't be. Like you said has skills. What else does he need? All I've seen of Oladipo is a couple bricks he threw up tonight. From what I've seen there's nothing suggesting he's capable of being even a "good" player.

Banned

Default Re: GT: 2/19/14 - Orlando Magic (16-39) vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (21-33) 6 PM CT

I've seen him play plenty. He hasn't improved at all from his first year to his second year. I just don't understand some of these Cavs' fans love affair with the guy.

Literally nothing about him screams "star" or even "good" NBA basketball player. He has some skills, sure, but so does anyone who makes it to this level.
    i don't think he will be a star, but he looks like he could be an ellis type scorer which is more than enough next to kyrie. I don't get the cavs fans who keep comparing him to oladipo though, they are totally different players who fill different roles.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

just plain ignorant.

Good win for the cavs, second night of a B2B, good to see Brown stick with Bennett during crucial minutes in the game. Bennett's foul on Tobias Harris after that botched pass from Kyrie was great to see.

I hope cavs can ride this momentum and beat a much tougher toronto team.

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

Lol @ magic fans. they just might be one of the more delusional bunches on here. good 6th straight win for the cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gato Negro
    Lol @ magic fans. they just might be one of the more delusional bunches on here. good 6th straight win for the cavs.
    Not really lol

Banned

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak

The right gif at the right time still gets me occasionally.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

The right gif at the right time still gets me occasionally.
    what do the cavs fans see dellavedova as? scrub who won't last or a potential back up prospect?

Sunshine State

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    what do the cavs fans see dellavedova as? scrub who won't last or a potential back up prospect?
    He's becoming beloved in Cavs circles, I can tell you that. Go over to RCF (realcavsfans.com) if you want to see the extent of the love.

I love his grit and toughness. He's like a guard version of a young Varejao... gets under opponents' skin and just doesn't seem to give a f#ck. I've seen him nearly come to blows with a bunch of guys this year, including Wade. Kid just refuses to back down.

He's also a nice defender, good spot-up shooter and has a nice handle. One of the reasons I think Jarrett Jack has become so expendable is because I think Delly is a better backup for Irving/Waiters at this stage. While Jack is redundant with the same skillset as those guys, just not as good, Delly bring something totally different to the table... something this team really feeds off of.

I love watching him play and hope he is with the Cavs for awhile. Yeah, he's really endeared himself to Cleveland.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    He's becoming beloved in Cavs circles, I can tell you that. Go over to RCF (realcavsfans.com) if you want to see the extent of the love.

I love his grit and toughness. He's like a guard version of a young Varejao... gets under opponents' skin and just doesn't seem to give a f#ck. I've seen him nearly come to blows with a bunch of guys this year, including Wade. Kid just refuses to back down.

He's also a nice defender, good spot-up shooter and has a nice handle. One of the reasons I think Jarrett Jack has become so expendable is because I think Delly is a better backup for Irving/Waiters at this stage. While Jack is redundant with the same skillset as those guys, just not as good, Delly bring something totally different to the table... something this team really feeds off of.

I love watching him play and hope he is with the Cavs for awhile. Yeah, he's really endeared himself to Cleveland.
    great to hear, i always thought he was overlooked in the draft and was glad someone picked him up. Never a star but he always seemed like he had so much more to offer than most guys who go in the second round based purely on potential.