Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: Paul George reportedly got a stripper pregnant, offered her $1M to get abortion

Men's rights activists are a ****ing joke. We have it so god damn easy we don't need laws on our side too. Go move to India or Iran if you think women are given an unfair advantage here.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Paul George reportedly got a stripper pregnant, offered her $1M to get abortion

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    So you think dudes should be able to knock women up and bail leaving the mother to support herself and the child, if the man doesn't want to raise the kid? **** I'm in my early 20s but I know it's damn expensive to raise a child.
    Depending on the situation.

If a dude is in a relationship with a woman, and a child results, he should be liabile for child support.

If it is a one night stand and he makes it clear that he doesn't wish to raise a child with her. Her decision to raise the child should be based on her own resources.

Woman are allowed to give a child up for adoption to adoptive parents or utilize safe have laws. This allows women to sever the rights and obligations to an unwanted child that is alive.

Men should have a similar legal recourse.

So you think dudes should be able to knock women up and bail leaving the mother to support herself and the child, if the man doesn't want to raise the kid? **** I'm in my early 20s but I know it's damn expensive to raise a child.
    No, he's just an idiot who thinks the law is unequal not knowing that he doesn't even understand why the abortion laws are what they are. Both parents have exactly equal say in what happens to a child. The woman is just not legally required to carry it inside her body.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Child support will be used by here in what ever way she deems appropriate. Including covering her legal expenses and living expenses. As long as the child is take care of and not being neglected no court will sanction how she chooses to use the money. You are not educated about this topic.

of course it covers her legal expenses and living expenses. She's raising the child is she not?

If you could show me a case where the father has custody of the child, cares for the child, and STILL pays the mother (who does not raise the child) for support, then yeah I will agree it's unfair. PG ABSOLUTELY owes child support money in this scenario.

If a dude is in a relationship with a woman, and a child results, he should be liabile for child support.

If it is a one night stand and he makes it clear that he doesn't wish to raise a child with her. Her decision to raise the child should be based on her own resources.

Woman are allowed to give a child up for adoption to adoptive parents or utilize safe have laws. This allows women to sever the rights and obligations to an unwanted child that is alive.

I can smell a dude paying child support that he feels is "unfair" from a mile away.

It's your own fault, just like it's PG's fault.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Men's rights activists are a ****ing joke. We have it so god damn easy we don't need laws on our side too. Go move to India or Iran if you think women are given an unfair advantage here.
    The are many areas where women are at a disadvantage.

I myself am a supporter of the Lilly ledbetter act

Reproductive rights are an area where men have less rights. Eg. when a man and woman divorce the woman will almost always get primary or sole custody.

Absolutely not. You created the kid you help to raise it. If you don't want to be there to raise it then you gotta open the wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    No, he's just an idiot who thinks the law is unequal not knowing that he doesn't even understand why the abortion laws are what they are. Both parents have exactly equal say in what happens to a child. The woman is just not legally required to carry it inside her body.
    Yeah that sounds about right.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Only thing I think is BS is the whole, Men get 3x as long of a sentence for the same crime

The are many areas where women are at a disadvantage.

I myself am a supporter of the Lilly ledbetter act

Reproductive rights are an area where men have less rights. Eg. when a man and woman divorce the woman will almost always get primary or sole custody.
    This is far more discriminatory than abortion/child support laws.

People need to get this retarded idea out of their heads that people are equal.

its common practice for nba players to have atleast 1 illegitimate child, PG was just trying to hang with the pros

This is such a goddamn myth.

What you should have said is "When a man and woman divorce and the man doesn't try for sole custody, the woman will almost always get primary or sole."

However, when a man tries for sole custody:
    Study 1: MASS
    2100 cases where fathers sought custody (100%)
    5 year duration

29% of fathers got primary custody
    65% of fathers got joint custody
    7% of mothers got primary custody

Study 2: MASS
    700 cases. In 57, (8.14%) father sought custody
    6 years

67% of fathers got primary custody
    23% of mothers got primary custody

Study 3: MASS
    500 cases. In 8% of these cases, father sought custody
    6 years

41% of fathers got sole custody
    38% of fathers got joint custody
    15% of mothers got sole custody

Study 4: Los Angeles
    63% of fathers who sought sole custody were successful

Study 5: US appellate custody cases
    51% of fathers who sought custody were successful (not clear from wording whether this includes just sole or sole/joint custody)
    http://www.villainouscompany.com/vcb...supportcu.html

The skewed stats come because guess what? Most guys bail and don't even try for custody at all. That's why they usually don't get it!

Bruh, get back to work so you can afford your child support this month.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101

I can smell a dude paying child support that he feels is "unfair" from a mile away.

It's your own fault, just like it's PG's fault.
    Wrong, I am not paying child support. I just see this as an injustice.

I am white, I when i learned about apartheid I thought it was an injustice.
    I went to private schools, when I learned about how public schools depend on property taxes i thought it was an injustice.

I am an atheist, I find Muslim bashing wrong.
    I am an american citizen I support the dream act.
    I am a male I support the lilly ledbetter act
    I am not on welfare, or medicare, but I support protecting them
    I would not benefit for uncapping social security contributions but i support uncapping them.
    I am not gay, but I support legalization of gay marriage
    I dont use drugs, but I want to legalize all drugs

I can feel empathy for a position that does not directly benefit me.

Wrong, I am not paying child support. I just see this as an injustice.

I am white, I when i learned about apartheid I thought it was an injustice.
    I went to private schools, when I learned about how public schools depend on property taxes i thought it was an injustice.

I am an atheist, I find Muslim bashing wrong.
    I am an american citizen I support the dream act.
    I am a male I support the lilly ledbetter act
    I am not on welfare, or medicare, but I support protecting them
    I would not benefit for uncapping social security contributions but i support uncapping them.

I can feel empathy for a position that does not directly benefit me.

I don't even want to hear a bunch of drivel about the "injustice" of public schools being funded by state and local property taxes. I just won't get into it.

You are either a misogynist or men's right's activist, and it's a bad look.

At the VERY least should the man be liable to pay for the abortion if it's a "one night stand and he says he doesn't want to raise the child"? I'm playing devils advocate because what you said is ****ing retarded as it is, but just tell me should the dude even pay for the abortion?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    When have I ever said that?

Woman should have 100% choice whether to abort or not. I am 100% pro choice.

Woman should not be able to unilaterally commit a man to pay child support or to participate in raising a the child.

Why?
    Because birth doesnt commit a woman to motherhood. She can give the child up to adoptive parents or she can utilize safe have laws.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe-haven_law
    Safe-haven laws (also known in some states as "Baby Moses laws", in reference to the religious scripture) are statutes in the United States that decriminalize the leaving of unharmed infants with statutorily designated private persons so that the child becomes a ward of the state. "Safe-haven" laws typically let parents remain nameless to the court, often using a numbered bracelet system as the only means of linking the baby to the parent. Some states treat safe-haven surrenders as child dependency or abandonment, with a complaint being filed for such in juvenile court. The parent either defaults or answers the complaint. Others treat safe-haven surrenders as adoption surrenders, hence a waiver of parental rights (see parental responsibility). Police stations, hospitals, rescue squads, and fire houses are all typical locations to which the safe-haven law applies.
    Men should have a legal recourse that allows them to choose when they become parents. It has nothing to do with whether an abortion is performed or not, which is and should be the sole choice of the mother

NBA rookie of the year

I don't even want to hear a bunch of drivel about the "injustice" of public schools being funded by state and local property taxes. I just won't get into it.

You are either a misogynist or men's right's activist, and it's a bad look.

At the VERY least should the man be liable to pay for the abortion if it's a "one night stand and he says he doesn't want to raise the child"? I'm playing devils advocate because what you said is ****ing retarded as it is, but just tell me should the dude even pay for the abortion?
    I dont care about abortion. That has almost nothing to do with my point. I think our current laws are fine in regards to abortion. If anything my problem is the restriction of access to abortion.
    My point:

I want to give men an option to sever the rights and obligations to a child. Similar to how woman can give a child up to adoptive parents or utilize safe have laws.