Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: A Chapter on from Rodman's book on his time in San Antonio and the 1995 NBA Playoffs

I am not hating on the Spurs.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Audio One's Avatar

Default Re: A Chapter on from Rodman's book on his time in San Antonio and the 1995 NBA Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    Rodman knew the Spurs weren't quite good enough to win a title so he bailed on them mentally and emotionally, much like LeBron in the 2010 EC Semis. The body language was obvious.

Rodman is an overrated, no-business-being-in-the-HOF d-bag. He rags on Robinson, but what team did he ever carry?

It's my opinion that he pulled a James' of sorts in those '95 WCF's, quitting on The Admiral, at least partly due to his abhorrence of Robinson's bible-chasing ways. Hakeem actually did most of his damage against Rodman during those '95 WCF's, and for sure during the 2nd 3-peat, he never really locked down any of the bigs he faced, just got in their head a little bit. He's a massively overrated defensive player who frequently didn't contest shots because he wanted that extra second or so to get in position for another rebound. Kevin Love does the same shit. Stay in front, rarely contest (or contest weakly), get the rebound.

A mentally weak escapist, and just a glorified Reggie Evans, although he has somewhat of a decent case, he really doesn't belong in the HOF imo. He better be waking up night & day thanking Isiah Thomas, because without him = no HOF for Madonna's lover
    Last edited by Audio One; 02-02-2014 at 03:07 AM.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Very interesting read. If everything in there was true then Robinson is one giant puzzy... I know this is probably only one side of a story tho.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I am not hating on the Spurs.
    Oh it's just a coincidence you make this thread, the Duncan vs Bran thread and the "this is gonna be you league thread" as well as bump the Derozen vs Leonard thread all in one day?

4 threads that have an unfavourable disposition towards the spurs in one day? Yeah, you hatin'.

Dennis Rodman has this entitled I'm a special little snowflake and you need to let me do whatever I want without ramifications attitude. I don't care for it. I'm not taking away from his accomplishments, but he pretty much says "you need to treat me special and let me do my thing or else I'll just stink shit up for you."

The latter part, when he discussed strategy, was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    What's up with OP's obsession with the Spurs? 4 threads on the first page that OP started trying to badmouth (in one way or another) the greatest organisation in the history of pro sports.

God-damn defensive as hell. OP is clearly mad that LeBitch had to take a pay cut and sign with a former fmvp and a perennial all-star and then get great aging players to accept huge pay cuts and diminished roles in order to win a championship, while the Spurs do it all through hard work.

Duncan is a better man and player than LeCvnt could ever dream of being.

Really? They're not even the greatest organization in the history of their own sport, let alone all of sports.

interesting stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Audio One
    Hakeem actually did most of his damage against Rodman during those '95 WCF's,
    Straight up lie. Easy to tell when someone didn't watch the games.

You know what? **** you all. Rodman has a case for being the most influential player of all time. All time draft? Pick him first and win every time. Get educated you ****s.

http://skepticalsports.com/?p=112

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

OP love dat worm

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    Rodman knew the Spurs weren't quite good enough to win a title so he bailed on them mentally and emotionally, much like LeBron in the 2010 EC Semis. The body language was obvious.

Rodman is an overrated, no-business-being-in-the-HOF d-bag. He rags on Robinson, but what team did he ever carry?
    Calling Rodman overrated is a bit much considering he outplayed a lot of people in the game.Rodman took his special talent of rebounding and knowledge of the triangle offense to a different level. Rodman found his purpose in the NBA and developed that purpose. He deserves to be in the HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    If David Robinson is a mental midget, then what is Rodman?
    a niguh wit rebound titles and 5 rings

Decent college freshman

What I got from those excerpts is that Rodman's an egotistical asshole, Bob Hill's a terrible coach, and DRob's a choke artist. Nothing I didn't know already.

Strange that Rodman wants to paint himself in a positive light with those claims though. Wants to fly to Vegas to party in between playoff games. Refuses to listen to coaches orders. The entitlement from Dennis here is a bit ridiculous, as if he deserves special treatment above anyone else.

It also goes without saying that Bob Hill is a shitty coach. Pop already seemed like he was running things back then. He probably should have been coaching instead.

Robinson always did seem to disappoint in the post-season(although he'd probably be dominant in today's NBA with the current rules). I remember Duncan's rookie season in '98, they played the Jazz in conference semis. They lost game 1 by one point. Being an away game, it would have been huge if they stole homecourt. TD had like 33/10 on 60% that night. Robinson had 16 pts on 29%. If Robinson played just a little better they might have taken that game. DRob also shot 30% in the final two games of that series. Never did seem very clutch to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Kid
    a niguh wit rebound titles and 5 rings
    Yeah, except, David Robinson also has rings and was a better player than this "niguh" ever was. David Robinson wasn't a glorified role player, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Yeah, except, David Robinson also has rings and was a better player than this "niguh" ever was. David Robinson wasn't a glorified role player, that's for sure.
    I know man, I was just having sum fun