Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Is KD better than prime TMac?

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    I agree! T-Mac indeed had top 15 GOAT kind of talent. Before him, u never really saw an SG at 6'8 or 6'9 with his package of skills. It was damn near like combining Gervin and Penny Hardaway elements into one. He just had bad luck with injuries with himself and potential HOF teammates in Yao and Grant Hill. If Yao or Hill could have stayed healthy, that would have resulted in at least one ring for Mac.

at Mac being a key factor on a championship team. He never had that drive like that.

[B]

NBA lottery pick

Tmac was one of the best passing SG's I ever saw. The guys offensive repatoire wasn't jut his immense scoring. He also had the ability to make even scrubs look well.He was one one of the best well rounded offensive players for the period before his body crumbled.Another thing people forget that McGrdy was a hell of a defender when he tried. The uy came into the league as a defensive stopper and people had him pegged as the next Pippen.

KD s a more efficient scorer, but Tmac's offensive game and ability to actually run an offense in his prime was insane.

Banned

No.

13 in 30 is something KD will NEVER EVER EVER be able to do.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

I know this is kind of a late bump. T Mac was one of those players from like 2003-2005 oozing with potential. He was in his mid 20s and had a very smooth game. He probably was the hardest player to guard 1 on 1. He was more athletic than Kobe, 6'9'' and had a huge offensive arsenal. Not as big as Kobe's offensive arsenal in his prime but close. Defensively, I do agree when he tried, he could lock down.

I remember in 2005, he was on one of the best defensive teams in the league on Houston and he averaged something like 1.7 steals and 0.7 blocks. The only thing about T Mac that I remember often made me cringe was his low shooting percentages. Yeah he could average like 27/5/5 but on like 42% fg. I do think T Mac could have been way better if health wasn't an issue and if he really committed himself to the game. I remember hearing that his work ethic was not good for someone as talented as he was.

Prime KD is better than prime T Mac. Aesthetically, T-Mac is one of my favorite players of all time. In terms of overall potential of their game, I thought T Mac had more.

KD is a MVP candidate, I don't think T Mac at any point in his career was a consistent top 3 player in the league. He was a consistent top 10 player in the league but I don't think many people thought he had a legitimate chance of ever winning MVP like people have for KD.

I think so. Durant has already won a MVP and made a finals, and he hasn't even peaked yet.

I like T-Mac, but I would build a team around Durant first.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe_6/8
    I think so. Durant has already won a MVP and made a finals, and he hasn't even peaked yet.

I like T-Mac, but I would build a team around Durant first.
    I think stats wise, I don't see Durant ever beating 32/7/5 or whatever his MVP season was. I think he's hit his peak statistically but I do think he wins ONE ring at some point.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Tracy McGrady has become overrated by too many fans, especially on this message board. He was a great player, no doubt, but he is not quite in the same category as Kevin Durant.

Just compare the five best seasons from Tracy McGrady, probably 01-05, and then compare those seasons to Kevin Durant's previous five years, before last season's injury played season, from 2010 to 2014. KD shot significantly higher from the field and from the three-point line, is by far the more efficiencient scorer, is a better rebounder and has lead his team to far more playoff success than Tracy McGrady ever did in his career.

The only advantage that TMAC has is that he was a slightly better ballhandler and distributor, that's it. But that alone does not make him a better player than Kevin Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    No.

Besides, we haven't even seen prime KD yet. Once we do, we can revisit this comparison. But as of right now, prime TMac > not yet in his prime KD
    This.

Tmac was f0nky