Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Is KD better than prime TMac?

No way. Just look at how many playoff games T Mac won

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Durant just isnt a good passer or playmaker. You will see when it matter, only thing is that you will blame it on everyone else. He just has zero feel for it. He is a scorer and rebounder on offense, passing just isnt his thing. He has gotten a little better but it doesnt come easy to him.
    I agree with u! Durant certainly has gotten better at passing. And I think he qualifies as a very good all around player. But T-Mac was flat out a great all around player. Capable of playing PG, SG, and SF at very high levels. Durant is more of a SF who can play PF and SG.

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    No way. Just look at how many playoff games T Mac won
    The oldest argument in the book.. It's such a shame TMac get out of the second round because he always put his team on his back, his playoff numbers speak for itself. The first thing people bring up about TMac is his playoffs resume, but last time I checked you can't win by yourself. He never had Yao healthy with him except maybe for a couple years, and when Yao was healthy TMac wasn't. It's unfortunate, that duo could of been legendary.
    TMac would of been top 15 all time if not for injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by ABfor3
    The oldest argument in the book.. It's such a shame TMac get out of the second round because he always put his team on his back, his playoff numbers speak for itself. The first thing people bring up about TMac is his playoffs resume, but last time I checked you can't win by yourself. He never had Yao healthy with him except maybe for a couple years, and when Yao was healthy TMac wasn't. It's unfortunate, that duo could of been legendary.
    TMac would of been top 15 all time if not for injuries.

I agree! T-Mac indeed had top 15 GOAT kind of talent. Before him, u never really saw an SG at 6'8 or 6'9 with his package of skills. It was damn near like combining Gervin and Penny Hardaway elements into one. He just had bad luck with injuries with himself and potential HOF teammates in Yao and Grant Hill. If Yao or Hill could have stayed healthy, that would have resulted in at least one ring for Mac.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Audio One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Ogg
    Perhaps I should go back to the overrated players tread and add T-Mac. Durant is better. What are you T-Mac pickers basing your choice on?

Durant. If you say T-Mac then lol...

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Audio One's Avatar

What makes this debate somewhat legitimate, is that Tracy did his damage during the dead ball era right before the rules changes opened up for perimeter players, he does deserve credit for that

One Mizzou.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    I never got to see prime TMac but by looking at his stats, and from what I heard, he seemed like a great player. Is KD better?
    Definitely.

Banned

Its easily KD he accomplished in 8 what tmac will never accomplish

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Lol at you dummies. This is easily Durant. I'll take this or last year Durante over any version of tmac or Kobe.

He's better at the most important thing at basketball than them, scoring high volume at an effiecent rate. He also does it within the offense, something those two suckers could never do.

Their slight(and I do mean slight) advantage in playmaking ability doesn't make up for his better scoring, rebounding, and just as good defense.

The only post-Jordan perimeter player who's better than this version of Durant is lebron(wade is a smidget behind Durant)

Now go eat your wheaties.

Let's not forget that when Kobe was asked who gave him the most trouble, he mentioned LeBron, Melo, Iverson, Durant but ultimately he chose... Tracy Lamar McGrady.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    Let's not forget that when Kobe was asked who gave him the most trouble, he mentioned LeBron, Melo, Iverson, Durant but ultimately he chose... Tracy Lamar McGrady.

and that was the past. while kobe admitted he couldnt beat durant

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    and that was the past. while kobe admitted he couldnt beat durant
    That was 5 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Ogg
    Durant's last two seasons alone have been better than any T-Mac season. In addition, the highest T-Mac got in MVP voting was 4th twice and had a couple 1st all NBA team selections. Durant already has placed 2nd in MVP voting three times and 5th and on his way to an MVP along with 4 1st all NBA team selections and a 5th coming this year. Durant is only 25 years old. This is not close.

agree

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    I never got to see prime TMac but by looking at his stats, and from what I heard, he seemed like a great player. Is KD better?
    KD > T-MAc anyday. Can't believe people are picking McGrady