Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Interesting Infographic: Drives to the Basket

Found this chart online. The clickable version with more info is here.

Any big surprises ? It certainly does lend credence to the notion Lebron MUST SHOOT MORE - in addition to demonstrating there is no player like him near the rim (possibly ever). Also makes Lillard look like shit.

Most surprising to me is Jeremy ''Asian man'' Lin. Just goes to show there is a lot more than just athleticism involved when it comes to being a good slasher.

In fact, there are several relatively mediocre athletes near the top of this chart; Parsons, Chalmers, Harden & Parker.

Also interesting to note that height doesn't seem to matter all that much...

Obviously the team's style of play has a major impact as well. Rockets with 4 players on this list.
    Last edited by Leftimage; 01-23-2014 at 08:25 PM.

Default Re: Interesting Infographic: Drives to the Basket

Waiters' placement does not surprise me at all. He's so good at getting to the basket, but so bad at finishing through contact. Interesting he drives more than Kyrie in 6 less minutes per game. I wish Kyrie was a tad bit more aggressive getting to the basket sometimes but that's commonly a problem with players that have as good a jump shot as Kyrie does.

NBA Superstar

Lillard

Quote Originally Posted by Leftimage
    Found this chart online. The clickable version with more info is here.

Any big surprises ? It certainly does lend credence to the notion Lebron MUST SHOOT MORE - in addition to demonstrating there is no player like him near the rim (possibly ever). Also makes Lillard look like shit.

Most surprising to me is Jeremy ''Asian man'' Lin. Just goes to show there is a lot more than just athleticism involved when it comes to being a good slasher.

In fact, there are several relatively mediocre athletes near the top of this chart; Parsons, Chalmers, Harden & Parker.

Also interesting to note that height doesn't seem to matter all that much...

Obviously the team's style of play has a major impact as well. Rockets with 4 players on this list.

Parker is one of the quickest end-to-end athletes in the league, if not the #1 quickest. Also very crafty.

Jeremy Lin is extremely athletic. He doesn't have insane vert but has faster acceleration than John Wall and D Rose (this was tested by sports science) and is the fastest player ever measured by the Rockets. Yeah read that again, he has faster acceleration than any player since the Rockets began testing such things.

Harden is extremely athletic too, have you seen him dunk? Excellent body control, a nice vert, etc. And Parsons is very athletic, WTF? Just because he's white you callin him unathletic?

Parsons destroys Ibaka http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zggDyCohEtM
    Parsons dunk on Javale http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUr7glxTqac
    Parsons tomahawk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0jTNtDo-a0

He has plenty more of those all I did was youtube "chandler parsons dunk" and there were a ton of results. So basically all this chart did was confirm that you have to be very athletic to be a top driver to the basket. Lebron and Durant are athletic. So are the Rockets you mentioned. Damn near everyone on that chart except Jameer at this point is very athletic...

I'm surprised Curry isn't higher, that's the only surprise.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 01-24-2014 at 05:05 AM.

i posted the same thread 2 mins later. mods please delete that one.

Durant and Lebron need to drive more. :

And that is exactly why Lebron's game is perfect for the playoffs when you die by the jumpshot.

Banned

Houston would be deadly if we would be like Miami and just drive and kick all day.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Lillard
    Lillard us ****ing horrendous around the basket. Part of what's stopping him from being elite. Side shoots 10 percent higher from three than he does on drives

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Ty Law Son.

Yup. Lillard's terrible at the rim

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus

Jeremy Lin is extremely athletic. He doesn't have insane vert but has faster acceleration than John Wall and D Rose (this was tested by sports science) and is the fastest player ever measured by the Rockets. Yeah read that again, he has faster acceleration than any player since the Rockets began testing such things.
    sports science They tested that by measuring a couple of clips from games. Not exactly up to scientific standards. Plus "fastest player ever" should really come with the disclaimer that the rockets only started measuring that with embedded accelerators within the past 2 years.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Why does everyone think athleticism = vertical leaping? Parker and Lawson are two of the best athletes in the league, no reason they shouldn't be right up there

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    And that is exactly why Lebron's game is perfect for the playoffs when you die by the jumpshot.
    Well LeBron lives and dies by the fastbreak

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus

Wow that's painfully wrong.

Parker is one of the quickest end-to-end athletes in the league, if not the #1 quickest. Also very crafty.

Sorry, but in Lin & Parsons cases, it's just science.

I'm sure Harden and Parker are hyperelite athletes in an everyman context, but by NBA standards they are simply average.
    Last edited by Leftimage; 01-23-2014 at 09:28 PM.