P. George
    Harden
    Curry
    Iguodala

D. Howard
    T. Chandler
    K. Love
    D. Cousins
    There is no chance in hell those two prima donnas would play.

Default Re: New Team USA pool announced

Greece doesn't stand a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    There is no chance in hell those two prima donnas would play.
    Why? LeBron has competed A LOT he has pride in his country: 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012. He's said he might play, I wouldn't doubt it if CP3 plays again. Steph Curry will kill in FIBA ball. As if Durant hasn't already showed he can dominate by himself like he did in 2010.

12 man roster:

Captains:

LeBron
    Durant
    CP3

The Rest:

Aldridge
    P. George
    Harden
    Curry
    Iguodala

D. Howard
    T. Chandler
    K. Love
    D. Cousins

Who on earth is beating that team? Shooters galore, scorers galore, facilitators, play makers, defenders, rebounders.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    12 man roster:

Captains:

LeBron
    Durant
    CP3

Aldridge
    P. George
    Harden
    Curry
    Iguodala

D. Howard
    T. Chandler
    K. Love
    D. Cousins
    There's no way Davis isn't on the team considering he was on the Olympic team and that was before he ever played a minute in the NBA. His game is also perfect for a team like this, he's the best big in the league (by a wide margin) in transition, can drain open jumpers, and is an excellent defender both around the basket and in guarding pick and rolls. I don't know that Cousins' skillset or attitude is needed on this team, (don't get me wrong, he's a great player).

Greece doesn't stand a chance...

Why? LeBron has competed A LOT he has pride in his country: 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012. He's said he might play, I wouldn't doubt it if CP3 plays again. Steph Curry will kill in FIBA ball. As if Durant hasn't already showed he can dominate by himself like he did in 2010.

12 man roster:

Captains:

LeBron
    Durant
    CP3

The Rest:

Aldridge
    P. George
    Harden
    Curry
    Iguodala

D. Howard
    T. Chandler
    K. Love
    D. Cousins

Who on earth is beating that team? Shooters galore, scorers galore, facilitators, play makers, defenders, rebounders.
    You are out of your damn mind if you think Chris Paul and LeBron are playing this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    There's no way Davis isn't on the team considering he was on the Olympic team and that was before he ever played a minute in the NBA. His game is also perfect for a team like this, he's the best big in the league (by a wide margin) in transition, can drain open jumpers, and is an excellent defender both around the basket and in guarding pick and rolls. I don't know that Cousins' skillset or attitude is needed on this team, (don't get me wrong, he's a great player).
    Good point, I'd swap those two out, Davis for Boogie. I momentarily forgot about his horrendous attitude, and lack of a brain.

How do you feel about the rest? Looks quite dominant to me. LeBron / Durant / Curry / P. George / Harden / Iguodala / CP3 is just too stacked. Defense, offense, playmaking, sharp shooting, drawing fouls. What could anyone do?

Good point, I'd swap those two out, Davis for Boogie. I momentarily forgot about his horrendous attitude, and lack of a brain.

How do you feel about the rest? Looks quite dominant to me. LeBron / Durant / Curry / P. George / Harden / Iguodala / CP3 is just too stacked. Defense, offense, playmaking, sharp shooting, drawing fouls. What could anyone do?
    Looks very dominant, I don't know if CP3 will want to play but otherwise that's probably the team right there.

Actually Melo will be on the team if he wants to play, he was FIBA player of the year after all. It's really an embarrassment of riches for the USA, we could probably put together 3 or 4 teams that would win.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Looks very dominant, I don't know if CP3 will want to play but otherwise that's probably the team right there.

Actually Melo will be on the team if he wants to play, he was FIBA player of the year after all. It's really an embarrassment of riches for the USA, we could probably put together 3 or 4 teams that would win.
    You guys are completely delusional if you think LeBron, Anthony, Paul are playing.

Even if Chris Paul, or LeBron sits out it's a dominant team.

Too much athleticism, and scoring. Durant alone is enough to carry, then add in an improved Steph Curry. Game is tailor made for FIBA ball. P. George, and Iguodala roaming on defense? Frightening.

Throw LMA, D12, Davis, and K Love in the paint? My god, no one really stand a chance. The only team who did was Spain or Argentina and they are ancient with no young talent.

Even if Chris Paul, or even LeBron sits out it's dominant. Too much athleticism, and scoring. Durant alone is enough to carry, then add in an improved Steph Curry. Game is tailor made for FIBA ball. P. George, and Iguodala roaming on defense? Frightening.
    Steph Curry is midget size for FIBA. He can't guard even most average FIBA guards. The good, not great, just good FIBA guards will absolutely destroy him on pick and roll.

The really great ones will do so on pick and roll and screen and roll.

He will be an absolute disaster on defense the entire time he is on the floor against any of the good international teams that have a good offensive point guard.

That's not being "tailor made for FIBA ball". Unless you are talking about the other team's offense.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-23-2014 at 07:22 PM.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Euroleague how come FIBA are considering giving the USA team a -30 point handicap every time they play in the tournament ?

Decent playground baller coolhandsteve's Avatar

No John Wall or Michael Carter-Williams on the initial list? PGs who can score but also can make an impact in other ways

Lebron of ISH

PLease stay on topic and keep this about Durant

Nice, KD gonna gift Lebron another gold medal.

Dunking on everybody in the park alexd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coolhandsteve
    No John Wall or Michael Carter-Williams on the initial list? PGs who can score but also can make an impact in other ways
    cause neither can shoot well