Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: What Are The Chances That Kevin Durant Never Wins A Ring?

pretty low

Saw a basketball once

Very doubtful he wins a ring under Scott Brooks (I hope I am wrong this year--as KD is my favorite.) Once he moves on, I think his chances of winning a ring is very good. Brooks won't get fired anytime soon because they keep winning in spite of him. So we just have to wait until KD becomes a free agent. Doc Rivers, Pop, Riley, Phil, Karl, Carlysle all would have won with KD and Westbrook...

3-time NBA All-Star

He's most likely going to go down as a top 20-25 player of all-time AT LEAST. Most players that great win rings. Only players arguably as good as him or better is Malone, Barkley, and Baylor, and I'd probably say he'll end up better then those guys anyway.

As much as people like to think differently, there's no Jordan in this league that's going to stop a bunch of great players from winning a ring. And Jordan "stopping" players from winning rings is overblown anyway. Plus even if that was an issue, Durant's career doesn't coincide with Lebron's the way Barkley and Malone's did with Jordan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    He's most likely going to go down as a top 20-25 player of all-time AT LEAST. Most players that great win rings. Only players arguably as good as him or better is Malone, Barkley, and Baylor, and I'd probably say he'll end up better then those guys anyway.

As much as people like to think differently, there's no Jordan in this league that's going to stop a bunch of great players from winning a ring. And Jordan "stopping" players from winning rings is overblown anyway. Plus even if that was an issue, Durant's career doesn't coincide with Lebron's the way Barkley and Malone's did with Jordan.
    LeBron James

This thread has immense potential.

Banned

Pretty low considering his own stans don't even have the courage to say "championship or bust"

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Marlo_Stanfield
    LeBron James
    Like I said, there's no Jordan in this league. Jordan never basically "let" someone take a title away from him like Dirk did, and he wasn't ever basically one three-pointer away from letting another title slip away. Lebron's obviously dominant and one of the greatest players of all-time, but he doesn't have this strong arm on the league that people make him out to have.
    Last edited by guy; 05-09-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Pretty low considering his own stans don't even have the courage to say "championship or bust"
    This