Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Other Rockets fans are delusional

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    Main problem with DH is that he looks great against inferior defenders, and looks like crap against the really good ones. OKC has great size with Perkins and Ibaka and I believe they are the best rebounding team in the league. Against OKC...forget it. DH has no hope. He can't score down low on post moves because he can't shove perkins around and OKC rebounds so well, he doesn't get any put backs (his only other way to score).

He has great stats but they are misleading. He'll put up 33 against a so-so team, then follow it up with 11 against a good team.

Also, how much he scores seems to factor very little in the Rocket's success. Their longest winning streak of the season (5 games), he never scored more than 15 points.
    I keep telling everybody our scoring is not our problem. We put up points every night. Dwight looked good against Perkins before the back injury and surgery. Perk might have done good maybe once.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    He said in an interview earlier this year that he still is. This is coming from somebody who's had the same surgery and a big Dwight fan.
    He was healthy mid-season last year, all medics pointed that recorevy shouldn't take more than 8 months. It's been what now? like 20 months, there's no chance that he is as recoreved as can be. That's just typical Dwight making excuses for his poor play

problem is that i don't think any rockets player knows how to throw lobs or throw entry pass to dwight on a consistent basis. this is indiana's problem too and i hope they are improving on it. this was one of the primary reasons pacers didn't win against miami. miami just made it impossible to throw the ball into the post for long stretches in games.

Every player on our roster is part of the problem. It doesn't rest on 1 or 2 people.
    It's hard to be a contender period, but look at the Nets. They have pieces, too, and they lost some guys to injuries... now they're on a run. They are probably not going to compete for a championship, but if you think about how different they looked at times, you have to believe that the Rockets can put something together.

It takes more than talent to win a ring, though. I think the Rockets can play with anyone, but they won't win a late 7 game series.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    He was healthy mid-season last year, all medics pointed that recorevy shouldn't take more than 8 months. It's been what now? like 20 months, there's no chance that he is as recoreved as can be. That's just typical Dwight making excuses for his poor play
    I kinda sorta have to take his word for it. I was told I'd be fine within 6 months and this was back in August of 2012. I still have back pain every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    problem is that i don't think any rockets player knows how to throw lobs or throw entry pass to dwight on a consistent basis. this is indiana's problem too and i hope they are improving on it. this was one of the primary reasons pacers didn't win against miami. miami just made it impossible to throw the ball into the post for long stretches in games.
    That would be part of why Dwight's numbers are what they are. This thread is about the Rockets as a whole. Our main problem comes on defence and all the turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    It's hard to be a contender period, but look at the Nets. They have pieces, too, and they lost some guys to injuries... now they're on a run. They are probably not going to compete for a championship, but if you think about how different they looked at times, you have to believe that the Rockets can put something together.

It takes more than talent to win a ring, though. I think the Rockets can play with anyone, but they won't win a late 7 game series.

-Smak
    I'm never the one to blame just the coach, but I honestly feel if we had a better coach we'd be a much better team than what we are right now.

I keep telling everybody our scoring is not our problem. We put up points every night. Dwight looked good against Perkins before the back injury and surgery. Perk might have done good maybe once.
    I'll admit I didn't follow Howard much during his Orlando days other than highlights here and there.

I'm sure he was much better before injuries and wear and tear. Either way, he seems to be very limited against good rebounding teams that have size down low.

I keep flipping back and forth on whether or not this guy should be the focal point on offense. Sometimes, the offense looks great going through him. But, then there's times where he shoots it every time he touches it, misses badly, or turns it over and it's just

As much as I hate Harden's lack of D, he is far far better at getting you crucial points.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Did you look at any film after he started working out with Dwight? Did you watch any games? I watched a ton. Orlando was my second team. He got better in the post after he started working with Hakeem. This isn't a debate. This is what I saw with my own 2 eyes. Again I say, just go look.

Yes bro, I watch alot of Bball , have League Pass all of that.

Why don't you show me these good post moves.

Should be plenty of vid floating around the net.

I can't wait to see this.

Either way, i'll take the legends word for it, and the general consensus is Dwight has been the same post player since he came into the League , whether you wanna blame back problems, chemistry not being in the right place yet, the fact that Dwight hasn't really evolved since he was one of the most popular players in 07-08 doesn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    I'll admit I didn't follow Howard much during his Orlando days other than highlights here and there.

I'm sure he was much better before injuries and wear and tear. Either way, he seems to be very limited against good rebounding teams that have size down low.

I keep flipping back and forth on whether or not this guy should be the focal point on offense. Sometimes, the offense looks great going through him. But, then there's times where he shoots it every time he touches it, misses badly, or turns it over and it's just

As much as I hate Harden's lack of D, he is far far better at getting you crucial points.
    Until Dwight gets back to his Orlando days, then I'd say no. The thing we do mess up on is times when he has post position where he should, the wings damn near look him off and take a ill advised jumper. There's no consequences for anybody other than Jeremy Lin on this team right now.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Yes bro, I watch alot of Bball , have League Pass all of that.

Why don't you show me these good post moves.

Should be plenty of vid floating around the net.

I can't wait to see this.

Either way, i'll take the legends word for it, and the general consensus is Dwight has been the same post player since he came into the League , whether you wanna blame back problems, chemistry not being in the right place yet, the fact that Dwight hasn't really evolved since he was one of the most popular players in 07-08 doesn't change anything.

I didn't ask you about how much basketball you watch. I didn't ask you about NBA League Pass. I asked if you watched Orlando Magic and Dwight Howard after he started working out with Hakeem.

I'm not one to go and post links to anything. I know they're on YouTube. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

If I wasn't educated enough to have my own opinion on a certain topic then I'd let somebody else tell me what to think too.

I didn't ask you about how much basketball you watch. I didn't ask you about NBA League Pass. I asked if you watched Orlando Magic and Dwight Howard after he started working out with Hakeem.

I'm not one to go and post links to anything. I know they're on YouTube. I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

If I wasn't educated enough to have my own opinion on a certain topic then I'd let somebody else tell me what to think too.
    Bro,you paint yourself as a realist , yet you're probably the only guy I know who doesn't see he hasn't gotten any better in the post.

You said it yourself, Hakeem worked out with him the year after he lost to the Lakers in the Finals. So why in the hell is he still working out with Dream if he already put in the work before? Because he's still-not-there. This was a big selling point for him going to the Rockets.

Working with Mchale and Hakeem on his post moves. But..? Where they at?

We'll see what your excuse is 2 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Bro,you paint yourself as a realist , yet you're probably the only guy I know who doesn't see he hasn't gotten any better in the post.

You said it yourself, Hakeem worked out with him the year after he lost to the Lakers in the Finals. So why in the hell is he still working out with Dream if he already put in the work before? Because he's still-not-there. This was a big selling point for him going to the Rockets.

Working with Mchale and Hakeem on his post moves. But..? Where they at?

We'll see what your excuse is 2 years from now.
    Again, I say go look at the youtube vids my man. I'm not gonna go find them for you. I'm not trying to prove anything to you.

Why the hell would he keep working out with Hakeem?!?! Probably to get better. I didn't say he was a complete post player. I said he had gotten better. Even then, Hakeem has been out of the country since the season started. I was under the impression too that he was working with Dwight every single day, but he it was the farthest thing from the truth.

2 years from now, i'll have to say the back surgery was the worst thing to happen to him.

Again, I say go look at the youtube vids my man. I'm not gonna go find them for you. I'm not trying to prove anything to you.

Why the hell would he keep working out with Hakeem?!?! Probably to get better. I didn't say he was a complete post player. I said he had gotten better. Even then, Hakeem has been out of the country since the season started. I was under the impression too that he was working with Dwight every single day, but he it was the farthest thing from the truth.

2 years from now, i'll have to say the back surgery was the worst thing to happen to him.
    Hahaha , so move the goal line everytime to fit your argument?

Ive seen plenty of Orlando footage and D-Howard highlights, the man doesn't have barley any post moves, except for the tear drop I mentioned, and I guess you can credit that to Dream,woopie, but idk if you can classify it as he had a post game before he got hurt.

I'd take 2012 Bynum over Dwight in the post anyday.

The fact that you're trying to suggest the (longtime recovered) back surgery is the reason for "lost" post moves is ridiculous , that shit doesn't disappear because you're healing, if the Ni99a can dunk on someone he can goto work in the post. The back isn't a factor this year..sheet idk if it even was last year.

Just get your hired goon to injure the other teams best player in every round of the playoffs, and you got a chance

Almost worked last year