Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star WillyJakk's Avatar

Default Re: Hubie Brown thread

Great thread and great impression but you left out one of his main staples:

You have got to attack the basket with strong two handed finishes ok? Layups and going up with one hand will not get it done against a defense like this ok? I mean cause let's face it (Player X) is a man's man (laughing) ok and this guy will send your shot flying right back at you.
    He doesn't give a sh*t if the player can dunk or not, he's still gonna say this regardless.

I rule the local playground tomSR.'s Avatar

ESPN and TNT have shitty color men.......that just talk and talk during gameplay.........ruins the whole game........van gundy, steve keer, brown.........old white fukks, that just needs to shut the hell up, and let the viewers enjoy the game

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by tomSR.
    ESPN and TNT have shitty color men.......that just talk and talk during gameplay.........ruins the whole game........van gundy, steve keer, brown.........old white fukks, that just needs to shut the hell up, and let the viewers enjoy the game
    why you gotta bring race into it?

I usually hit open layups

Hubie Brown is actually an excellent colour commentator.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by havoc33
    Hubie Brown is actually an excellent colour commentator.
    and why do you gotta bring race into it too?

Serious playground baller SHABBA's Avatar

Amazing thread

Hubie

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    Now this thread has the potential to be a top 10 thread. The idea is there, the execution is there, and the contributors are there, but there is still that missing piece of who is going to take over and compliment Akrazotile's sheer brilliance, who by the way, is a rookie poster with just a little more than 100 posts in his career, but you have to break down the numbers and see that he's posting 37.83 posts a game and that's tremendous, something we have only seen from a few guys in this league, and what's great about this is that he's doing it with substance, he's doing it with grace, and not nonsense. He's a no nonsense player and loves to work hard at it, and whenever the reputation system returns in this league, I think he should deserve a lot of green bars.
    Now the main thing is to give this man a lot of credit, now.

NBA Legend

NBA lottery pick

tomSR: "Must...type...in....bold...can...not...resist.... "

I love listening to Hubie Brown. Dude is a legend.

NBA Legend

What you like about this thread, Mike, is that you say to yourself, well is this thread gonna be relevant in the playoffs? And the answer is, it is. Mainly because, I can talk this way at any time, in any situation. Ok, now that's what I call useful! Understanding the situation, being a professional, talking like Hubie Brown, I mean this is really great stuff now, I mean come on now. Really great stuff.

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

JVG is great.. He provides great insight, but better yet, he also is funny as hell and is entertaining.

NBA Superstar

All of this is great. I am glad this thread exists. Hubie Brown is the man.

Now first of all this is a great thread, lets not forget the efforts of the OP, he put in the work and deserves to be rewarded. But he needs to slow down the pace, play his game. His 3 main strengths are originality, subtle trolling and wordplay, he can't fall asleep and get cocky. I really like his game, he is giving us the whole show. He is doing what he does best, I mean come on.

Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    So we can see here now that this is the Hubie Brown thread. Ok, so you say to yourself "Well why is this the Hubie Brown thread?" Well mainly because it's fun to talk like Hubie Brown. Now we know that when you have a forum, and a person who talks a certain way, it's just going to be natural to put them together ok. Mainly because that's just what we like to do. But now watch right here, you can see how I'm making a thread about Hubie Brown while talking like Hubie Brown. Now that's impressive.
    Now see? There you go!