Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend

Default Hubie Brown thread

So we can see here now that this is the Hubie Brown thread. Ok, so you say to yourself "Well why is this the Hubie Brown thread?" Well mainly because it's fun to talk like Hubie Brown. Now we know that when you have a forum, and a person who talks a certain way, it's just going to be natural to put them together ok. Mainly because that's just what we like to do. But now watch right here, you can see how I'm making a thread about Hubie Brown while talking like Hubie Brown. Now that's impressive.

Default Re: Hubie Brown thread

I like your game. Now we know you put a lot of work in this thread but it's questionable if others will appreciate it.

Now, give Akrazotile a lot of credit. He has the right observations and made something out of it. He built this thread the right way and it's paying dividends.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    I like your game. Now we know you put a lot of work in this thread but it's questionable if others will appreciate it.

See, mike, now this is impressive, you've got a poster who can see what another poster is doing, so he acknowledges that he knows the other poster is doing it. Now why do we like that? Well first of all because it lets you know what a poster is thinking, and second of all ok you get some teamwork involved. So you say, well why do we like teamwork? Well, mainly because without having any team work, the team is not going to work as well as you would like it to ok.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rhowen4
    Now, give Akrazotile a lot of credit. He has the right observations and made something out of it. He built this thread the right way and it's paying dividends.

Now this is really something here, we've got a second poster who understands what's going on, and he says to himself 'ok, i'm gonna make something happen'. Well you say how does he know? Mainly because he's a high IQ poster who knows how to sacrifice his game to help the thread. You just love to see that, you really do.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Now this is really something here, we've got a second poster who understands what's going on, and he says to himself 'ok, i'm gonna make something happen'. Well you say how does he know? Mainly because he's a high IQ poster who knows how to sacrifice his game to help the thread. You just love to see that, you really do.
    Come on now,you gotta appreciate what he does. He's taking over and keeping this thread alive all by himself. And that's the beauty of his game. The ability to preform under pressure.

"plenty of time here" (when a team is behind in a close game with little time left)

"See, the most dangerous guy is the guy out of bounds"

"See, Mike, the perimeter people have to do a better job of getting it to the post people"

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    "plenty of time here" (when a team is behind in a close game with little time left)

"See, Mike, the perimeter people have to do a better job of getting it to the post people"
    damn you beat me to it lmao

Saw a basketball once

No one is bigger than the forum. You're going to be on time, you're going post hard, you're going to know your place and you're going to know when to reply or pass. If you can't do those four things you're not getting noticed here and we don't care who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by rhowen4

NBA Legend

Now mike, as an OP, this is something you just love to see. Everyone is getting involved and moving the idea around, and posters are stepping up and showing that they belong on this level. That's not something we are always accustomed to seeing, hum ha hm heh haha ok! But really it's just great effort, great execution, and as you can see these guys are starting to feel comfortable posting together as a unit.

Now Geriatric is upset here. You see he wishes that he had been clever enough to think of this thread first. Come on, it's so obvious but still brilliant. But you've got to give OP credit for jumping on this first, it's good for him and good for the team. Now why are we beating this idea like a dead horse we ask? Well we see here that we clearly like repetition of good stuff.

Saw a basketball once

Now see, you have to look at his thread, and why it is so successful, it's all about opportunity. They are making high-percentage posts.

I like this thread. Manly because I don't really like Hubbie.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Young X

Now you have to be careful here, you have a poster who is capable of knocking down the open joke, but you want to make sure he is doing it within the flow of the offense. If you watch right here, you see that he's posting the things I say, but not actually talking like me hismelf ok. Well why is that a problem, well mainly because I like his point about the perimeter people and the post people, but he's got to do a better job of following the instructions of the thread.