Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man Dr. Ice's Avatar

Default Re: A center match-up worth watching- Hibbert vs Cousins- Pacers Vs Kings Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    What are you disagreeing with, exactly ?
    the fact that the pacers would rather depend on a hibbert than a cousins. Completely disrespectful towards cousins' ability.

I also am getting tired of seeing hibbert, and particularly his defense, get overrated. He has been blessed by being put on the perfect team for his skillset. If he was on any other team who didnt have the great wing defenders that the pacers have, you'd see hibbert's already bad transition and pick and roll defense get COMPLETELY exposed to the point where he'd be a liability on the court ala players such as vujejic, valanciunas, current bynum and jefferson, who suffer against teams that take advantage of those weaknesses because they dont have the help that hibbert has.

I shudder to think how bad hibbert would be if he got put on a team with bad defenders. He's already has foul trouble problems as is, just imagine how worse it'd get if wasn't on the pacers. He'd barely even be able to play.

I dont think i need to go into his bottom-5 offense so i won't even bother.

So please, stop disrespecting cousins' game by saying that hibbert is anywhere near his level.

Default Re: A center match-up worth watching- Hibbert vs Cousins- Pacers Vs Kings Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ice
    the fact that the pacers would rather depend on a hibbert than a cousins. Completely disrespectful towards cousins' ability.

I also am getting tired of seeing hibbert, and particularly his defense, get overrated. He has been blessed by being put on the perfect team for his skillset. If he was on any other team who didnt have the great wing defenders that the pacers have, you'd see hibbert's already bad transition and pick and roll defense get COMPLETELY exposed to the point where he'd be a liability on the court ala players such as vujejic, valanciunas, current bynum and jefferson, who suffer against teams that take advantage of those weaknesses because they dont have the help that hibbert has.

I shudder to think how bad hibbert would be if he got put on a team with bad defenders. He's already has foul trouble problems as is, just imagine how worse it'd get if wasn't on the pacers. He'd barely even be able to play.

I dont think i need to go into his bottom-5 offense so i won't even bother.

So please, stop disrespecting cousins' game by saying that hibbert is anywhere near his level.
    You do realise it isn't that long ago that Cousins was suspended and benched for being immature. Remember? Cousins is an amazing talent and his HEAD is the only thing holding him back and thats why Indy likely would with the way they are built would rather have a defensive inforcer than a 20 and 10 guy like Cousins. The are as great as they due to the way he plays D and how he reacts to the rest of the team defensively.

Who you would rather have between these two is all depended on how your team is built. Just as Kings would certainly rather have Cousins.

High School Varsity 6th Man Dr. Ice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    You do realise it isn't that long ago that Cousins was suspended and benched for being immature. Remember? Cousins is an amazing talent and his HEAD is the only thing holding him back and thats why Indy likely would with the way they are built would rather have a defensive inforcer than a 20 and 10 guy like Cousins. The are as great as they due to the way he plays D and how he reacts to the rest of the team defensively.

Who you would rather have between these two is all depended on how your team is built. Just as Kings would certainly rather have Cousins.
    Oh make no mistake, hibbert is WAY more mature than cousins. Still think the pacers would rather have cousins though. The talent difference is too wide in my opinion, and i get the feeling that vogel and bird would keep cousins in check.

While I don't necessarily agree with "depending on", Hibbert fits the perfect role for the Pacers. This a very team oriented roster and Cousins might hinder that with more touches.

Defense, Hibbert

Overall - 75/206; 36.4%fg; 4/19 21.1%3pt
    Isolation - 12/36; 33.3%fg
    Post up - 22/68; 32.4%fg
    Pick and Roll Man - 17/45; 37.8%fg
    Spot Up - 20/50; 40%fg

Eh, I don't think that's overrated. What's the average defense on pick and roll ? Is it lower than what Hibbert allows ?

The rest of your post is for someone else.
    Last edited by Legends66NBA7; 01-14-2014 at 04:36 PM.

High School Varsity 6th Man Miles and Miles's Avatar

Should be a good match up. Kings have been playing well lately too (won 3 straight, beat Miami, etc, etc.) it COULD be a good game if they show up.

Oh make no mistake, hibbert is WAY more mature than cousins. Still think the pacers would rather have cousins though. The talent difference is too wide in my opinion, and i get the feeling that vogel and bird would keep cousins in check.
    I still think Indy's system needs a player like Hibbert but on the other hand scoring isn't a huge strength of theirs and he would help in that area but they value Hibbert's D alot. As I said it all depends on the team and how you are built. Just as OKC would rather have Hibbert than Cousins I would say as he would clog the paint perfectly. On alot of other teams Cousins is the better option.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Boogie/Hibbert showdown will be great, but.....

Lance steals the spotlight and Ernie won't shut up about most improved award talk. Ok that's quite a stretch.

I see Lance getting a convincing triple d playing 40 min from game staying close. Thornton/McLemore won't stop his penetration and dishes to West/Scola. Lance looked out of control early, but I believe its the bigs not ready for the dish, assuming a PG dipsy-do. I think Lance gets off on dishing and the bigs are ready now.

West/Lance big production tonite.

First post, so I had to make it a doozy

Serious playground baller crunk-juice's Avatar

if the Pacers had they opportunity to swap Cousins for Hibbert, they would laugh their asses off

Hibbert is actually an asset lmao

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice
    if the Pacers had they opportunity to swap Cousins for Hibbert, they would laugh their asses off

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Seriously. Like, even a little.

Anyway, why can't we just appreciate Cousins and Hibbert. They're very different players - both good.

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice

could be good to watch.With the state of centers these days this could actually be worth watching seeing these two match up.
    You stole this from R-E-A-L-G-M

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    You stole this from R-E-A-L-G-M
    Don't visit that place so wouldn't know what they post over there...that place isn't allowed to be mentioned on here anyway.

Don't visit that place so wouldn't know what they post over there...that place isn't allowed to be mentioned on here anyway.
    is it because theyre competition or some other reason? curious

Quote Originally Posted by JUDGE WITNESS
    is it because theyre competition or some other reason? curious
    Jeff's decision, something about them stealing stuff on here or something along those lines.

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turret
    Boogie/Hibbert showdown will be great, but.....

Lance steals the spotlight and Ernie won't shut up about most improved award talk. Ok that's quite a stretch.

I see Lance getting a convincing triple d playing 40 min from game staying close. Thornton/McLemore won't stop his penetration and dishes to West/Scola. Lance looked out of control early, but I believe its the bigs not ready for the dish, assuming a PG dipsy-do. I think Lance gets off on dishing and the bigs are ready now.

West/Lance big production tonite.

First post, so I had to make it a doozy

Good post. Lance and West scare me more as a Lebron stan in the playoffs than George/Hibbert actually.