Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Spurs atop the western conference yet again

I want my Mavs to play them in the first round... that's a win for us telling y'all

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Artillery
    Reflahoma never deserved to win that series after that shameful game 6. It became apparent when the refs stopped blowing the whistles for them when they made it to the Finals. OKC actually had to play a basketball game on their own merits without any outside interference. They ended up getting embarrassed by the Heat in five games...with homecourt advantage. Nobody takes that 2012 run by OKC seriously, in retrospect
    give Durant and Harden a pass. it was and probably will be their first and only series where they ever got fair officiating vs the Heat. no wonder they choked. especially James Chokeden

Impressive but didn't they have some terrible record against "contenders" this season?

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    I want my Mavs to play them in the first round... that's a win for us telling y'all
    Hard to do that with Blair starting - there's a reason he was buried at the end of Spurs' bench last year. With him starting for the Mavs, it's an open lane to the rim. You guys need to get a Tyson Chandler-type to play beside Dirk. And Diaw seems to do a good job on Dirk.

Anyway, the record is fool's gold. I don't think they can beat a healthy OKC. Reggie Jackson's been killing them - no one can stay in front of him. Hard for me to swallow being beaten not by Durant or Westbrooke, but by Jackson.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    Not a Spurs fan I actually hate them but they're great organization ran top to bottom. It's crazy for them to be mix year in and out for the past decade plus especially in the Western conference . That my friends is decade plus of pure dominance. Respect.
    This. Not sure how any logical person could argue that the Spurs "didn't deserve to be there" after taking one of the most stacked teams in history to a game 7.

I guess some people just like to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    They're on top by default.. OKC would have another 5 wins if GOATbrook hadn't been out so long. Spurs a cool team doe. Second best team in the West.
    Pretty much this. Not to mention they're 0-2 against a healthy OKC this year. Think they get us one time before Westbrook is scheduled to return, so I expect them to win that one.

Still, they aren't going away even though Tim and Manu are getting up there in age...it's impressive. I gave up on predicting "this will be the year" they fall off after the 2012 season.

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Hard to do that with Blair starting - there's a reason he was buried at the end of Spurs' bench last year. With him starting for the Mavs, it's an open lane to the rim. You guys need to get a Tyson Chandler-type to play beside Dirk. And Diaw seems to do a good job on Dirk.

Anyway, the record is fool's gold. I don't think they can beat a healthy OKC. Reggie Jackson's been killing them - no one can stay in front of him. Hard for me to swallow being beaten not by Durant or Westbrooke, but by Jackson.
    Agreed. Tyson was a perfect pick. Someone like Asik would be nice.

I think this is the spurs last great run, I KNOW it's been said before, but like you mentioned, their records against other top teams is putrid. Feels like they will break down this post-season...

Spurs have this regular season thing down pat.

The issue is facing the right matchups or avoiding the teams that have our number (Thunder, Rockets). Could easily see them in the Finals again this year if they are healthy.

Okay there DeJuan Blair.

I don't think this is any news, as long as that Trio and Pop are still together , they'll be atop the conference

We blew you apart last game.

Your only chance would be if Dirk could somehow put up 40 a game
    Last edited by T_L_P; 01-13-2014 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    Spurs have this regular season thing down pat.

The issue is facing the right matchups or avoiding the teams that have our number (Thunder, Rockets). Could easily see them in the Finals again this year if they are healthy.

Okay there DeJuan Blair.
    I have a lot of respect for the Spurs. OKC will be a tough one, but OKC doesn't have Harden(AKA the guy that pretty much raped you in the playoffs). Spurs are the deeper team but it depends on Parker's play.

Rockets are a bad matchup because of Harden lol

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    I have a lot of respect for the Spurs. OKC will be a tough one, but OKC doesn't have Harden(AKA the guy that pretty much raped you in the playoffs). Spurs are the deeper team but it depends on Parker's play.

Rockets are a bad matchup because of Harden lol
    Durant is the one that really raped the Spurs in the 2012 WCF. Harden was very good, yes, but he wasn't the one that hurt the Spurs the most.

Banned

They have the best coach and GM combinations. It seems they can get random players and make them good.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    They're on top by default.. OKC would have another 5 wins if GOATbrook hadn't been out so long. Spurs a cool team doe. Second best team in the West.
    That's not by default. Westbook is injured, has been injured and will continue to get injured from here on out. He's not the iron man that he used to be. you can't make an excuse for every time he gets injured. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he got injured in the playoffs....again.

Made that high school varsity squad

Like you were supposed to in 2007 before you got embarrassed in the first round and the Spurs won the title?