Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default How do I deal with a bitch manager at work?

I swear, I've met alot of awful people in my life but this girl might take the cake. She is always yelling at co workers, just being straight disrespectful, she even made another co worker cry one time, and she has the most obnoxious laugh ever. She is an obese white lady in her 40's I believe. And for some reason it seems like she tries to pick on me more than others, story... today I'm just working (btw I always get to work 15 min early to get shit done on time) I'm delivering stuff to another building, then she starts complaining to me that I'm always in that building and that I need to help out more in other places, that comment got me pissed because it is my job to deliver stuff there everyday, I was just about to finish my shift then in front of everyone in a loud tone she says "Don't go back there and hide, u still have 5 minutes left". At this point I'm raged. I turn back and tell her I wasn't gonna go back there in a VERY angry tone, she gets shocked because nobody at the work place ever talks to her like that and doesn't say anything, she could tell that I was pissed and my co workers are surprised as well looking at me, I am usually a very mild mannered man at work so the tone in my voice caught everyone off guard and nobody every stands up for themselves when she is treating them this way. By this point I'm pissed and I just leave the work area.

What do I do? I was thinking about complaining to supervisors but I don't want to be a snitch, I would complain to the boss, but the boss and that particular manager are close. Keep in mind the whole staff once had a meeting on how to treat other people because of that one particular person.

Default Re: How do I deal with a bitch manager at work?

How much are you getting paid?

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    How much are you getting paid?
    Why does that matter?

Is she A manager or YOUR manager?

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

You need to take it to HR or a supervisor. Document her treatment of workers for a month or so (just a log book with time date, what was said, etc). and then take that to HR and let them know this is not acceptable managerial behavior.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I would talk to the supervisors, you aren't a snitch when the person is harming people around her. She needs to be dealt with and that is that.

Quote Originally Posted by B-hoop
    I would talk to the supervisors, you aren't a snitch when the person is harming people around her. She needs to be dealt with and that is that.
    I might do this, the funny thing is I won't be the first to do so, another co worker of mine said he filed a complaint against her.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    You need to take it to HR or a supervisor. Document her treatment of workers for a month or so (just a log book with time date, what was said, etc). and then take that to HR and let them know this is not acceptable managerial behavior.
    This, also try to keep a paper trail of anything if possible although the issue sounds verbal. We've got staff members here who are not really our superiors but who act like this and blame us for problems that are just a result of them not knowing their jobs but our HR and bosses have no spines and make us put up with it.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    I might do this, the funny thing is I won't be the first to do so, another co worker of mine said he filed a complaint against her.
    The more complaints the better. If it's one or two people, HR will look at it as just a personal grudge. If it's the majority of people though, they will definitely take action.

Dunking on everybody in the park

In that case i would consider quitting the job, looks like the ownership doesn't care about the livelihood of the people that work for them.

Banned

quit the job, the person you described is impossible to deal with.

btw I stopped reading after " obese white lady in her 40s"

NBA rookie of the year

Why does that matter?
    You might want to consider getting a new job, unless you are making crazy money.

Give her the D.

Just do it mayne, take one for the company.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Give her the D.

Just do it mayne, take one for the company.
    Seriously what's all this focus on frustrated suicide bombers trynna get Virgins in Heaven when it's well known that a woman whose not well-fukked walks around Agitated as all hell.

Fatties and bosses need luvin too.

itz simple as dis bro, either quit or suck it up. I know it sounds harsh man, but that's life, we either take it or leave it