Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Add Lin to your/most nba team, would they improve?

Well, Lakers could use a PG right now.
    Even a sack of potatoes would be better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by redhonda76
    Knicks - yes. The Knicks does not have anyone in their roster who can penetrate and break down the defense. To make matters worse, our PGs situation suck balls big time. Every Knick fans now knows they missed Lin.
    I remember the good ol days when Felton >>> Lin especially when factoring in the contracts

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    He never once argued this. In fact, he flat out said he believes Harden is among the most talented and best players in the league. He just believes he's also a cancer.
    Calling someone a ball hogging chucker who plays no defense after calling him one of the most talented guys in the league puts him in the same category as guys like JR Smith and Nick Young.

Harden is one of the best SGs in the league and if Lin was a better pure PG he wouldn't have to handle the ball as much.

If Lin knew how to throw lobs and run the pick and roll better he could average many more assists with weapons like Dwight, Harden, and Parsons.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    James Harden is a better basketball player than Jeremy Lin. I don't know how you could argue that. Just like you didn't give up on Lin after bad games when he was getting taken to school by Chalmers and Cole or when he was shooting up airballs and turning it over, you don't give up on Harden.

He's a player that thrives with the ball in his hands but the thing is the coach would put the ball in a superior PG's hands so he could play off the ball more. That's not Harden's fault, that's Lin's fault for not being a better ball handler at the PG position.

Every player gets schooled once in awhile and costs his team the game brother.
    In terms of play making Jeremy is better than Harden. You criticize Lin for his turnovers and say it's largely because of Dwight that these opposing PG's have bad games but Harden turns the ball over way more (assist/turnover ratio is pretty much 1:1) and Harden's man pretty much always goes off. How come Dwight can stop Lin's guy but can't stop Harden's guy from going off?

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    GoGetter,

I'm not saying Lin is a better basketball player than Harden. In terms of talent and skill, Harden is one of the best in the entire league.

I don't even know why you're bringing this up...I'm not comparing Lin to Harden...or Lin to ANYONE.

I'm saying two separate things.

Lin is a good player.

Harden is a cancer.

The two are not related.
    Harden is not a cancer. Define what a cancer is because right now all I see is you spewing cliches. Harden brings more positive things to a team in the overall scheme of things than Jeremy Lin does. 30 out of 30 teams pick Harden over Lin.

Wait, maybe I am missing something. How does Harden slowly alter the framework of a team ultimately leading to it's demise?

Calling someone a ball hogging chucker who plays no defense after calling him one of the most talented guys in the league puts him in the same category as guys like JR Smith and Nick Young.

Harden is one of the best SGs in the league and if Lin was a better pure PG he wouldn't have to handle the ball as much.

If Lin knew how to throw lobs and run the pick and roll better he could average many more assists with weapons like Dwight, Harden, and Parsons.
    Lin does know how to throw lobs. That was pretty much all he did with Tyson Chandler. Even Fields got some love. And Lin is a very good PnR pg. That's all he ran during Linsanity. It just so happens that Howard SUCKS at the PnR. He is horrible. And I like Howard, but all he can really do is post up on offense.

No offense, but it sounds like you haven't watched much of Harden nor Howard and are just going based on stats.

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    In terms of play making Jeremy is better than Harden. You criticize Lin for his turnovers and say it's largely because of Dwight that these opposing PG's have bad games but Harden turns the ball over way more (assist/turnover ratio is pretty much 1:1) and Harden's man pretty much always goes off. How come Dwight can stop Lin's guy but can't stop Harden's guy from going off?

He helps both guys of course. And I'm not defending shoddy defense from Harden. From what I have heard, in the PICK and ROLL, Harden is among the best in the league. Am I mistaken? Ball handling is Lin's weakness. Is it not?

So it would stand to logic that if Lin improved his ball handling he could get the ball out of Harden's hands more, limit his [JH] turnovers, and allow him to concentrate on other things.

Harden is not a cancer. Define what a cancer is because right now all I see is you spewing cliches. Harden brings more positive things to a team in the overall scheme of things than Jeremy Lin does. 30 out of 30 teams pick Harden over Lin.

Wait, maybe I am missing something. How does Harden slowly alter the framework of a team ultimately leading to it's demise?
    He's a cancer because he negatively impacts the team. He gets his points not in the flow of the game, but by ball hogging and taking away touches from other guys ESPECIALLY Howard. And his guy almost always has a career night against him, so that also negates his positive impact. He is also very turnover prone...led the league in TOs last year and I believe he's still among the league leaders this year.

The last game against Sacramento was a microcosm. He scored 38, but ignored Howard in the end, and cost the game the end by forcing the issue, taking ill advised threes early in the shot clock, then committed two bad turnovers at the end sealing the Rockets' fate.

Lin does know how to throw lobs. That was pretty much all he did with Tyson Chandler. Even Fields got some love. And Lin is a very good PnR pg. That's all he ran during Linsanity. It just so happens that Howard SUCKS at the PnR. He is horrible. And I like Howard, but all he can really do is post up on offense.

No offense, but it sounds like you haven't watched much of Harden nor Howard and are just going based on stats.
    I'm not basing it on stats, I'm basing it on the fact that you argued that Howard doesn't help Lin get assists and Harden is a cancer.

I argue that it is the point guard's job to meld the team together and be the type of PG the team needs whether it be scoring, passing, pressuring the ball handlers, etc.

All I see is you deflecting what I say before you try to understand it.

He's a cancer because he negatively impacts the team. He gets his points not in the flow of the game, but by ball hogging and taking away touches from other guys ESPECIALLY Howard. And his guy almost always has a career night against him, so that also negates his positive impact. He is also very turnover prone...led the league in TOs last year and I believe he's still among the league leaders this year.

The last game against Sacramento was a microcosm. He scored 38, but ignored Howard in the end, and cost the game the end by forcing the issue, taking ill advised threes early in the shot clock, then committed two bad turnovers at the end sealing the Rockets' fate.

A player that negatively impacts the team and ball hogs is a bad player. You're calling James Harden a bad player here. I disagree, so I guess this is where we'll end this. Nice choppin' it up with you though.

Banned

In terms of play making Jeremy is better than Harden.

Oh and to answer the OP, yes, I do think Lin would improve the Bulls.

He helps both guys of course. And I'm not defending shoddy defense from Harden. From what I have heard, in the PICK and ROLL, Harden is among the best in the league. Am I mistaken? Ball handling is Lin's weakness. Is it not?

So it would stand to logic that if Lin improved his ball handling he could get the ball out of Harden's hands more, limit his [JH] turnovers, and allow him to concentrate on other things.
    If he helps both guys then you should give Lin some credit for his improved defense.
    If you're strictly looking at pick and roll, Harden is also better than CP3 but that doesn't mean he's a better play maker or ball handler. His success in the pick and roll isn't him feeding the roller, but him driving to the basket or stepping back for an open 3. The reason he has the ball in his hands so much is because he knows how to score better than anyone else (see Melo). Harden doesn't play off the ball well.

If he helps both guys then you should give Lin some credit for his improved defense.
    If you're strictly looking at pick and roll, Harden is also better than CP3 but that doesn't mean he's a better play maker or ball handler. His success in the pick and roll isn't him feeding the roller, but him driving to the basket or stepping back for an open 3. The reason he has the ball in his hands so much is because he knows how to score better than anyone else (see Melo). Harden doesn't play off the ball well.

A few games doesn't signify improved defense. Seems like you guys are pointing out all of Harden's flaws while glossing over Lin's. It's just like in NY where Melo was holding him back, smh.

A few games doesn't signify improved defense. Seems like you guys are pointing out all of Harden's flaws while glossing over Lin's. It's just like in NY where Melo was holding him back, smh.
    Seems like you're doing the same with Harden. Smh.