Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Breaking Bad is INSANEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Season 4 is easily the best of Breaking Bad. I don't even like to watch season 5 because it's just too dark. It just gets so depressing. I consider season 3 and 4 to be masterpieces. What this show did with Jesse Pinkman is just special. The character development is brilliant. I don't even know how they did it.

In my mind the show really ends with the last frame of season 4.
    If season 4 was the end, there would be loose ends that don't exist in it's current ending.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

The whole point of the show was to display a story of a seemingly normal man in a normal family turning into a monster. Having him end with "I won" and right after realizing that he poisoned a little kid? **** no dude. That would be a shitty ending to a terrific show. Season 5 was amazing too. The first half was just kickass, and then the last few episodes tied up every possible loose end and finished it nicely.

3-time NBA All-Star

Season 4 is easily the best of Breaking Bad. I don't even like to watch season 5 because it's just too dark. It just gets so depressing. I consider season 3 and 4 to be masterpieces. What this show did with Jesse Pinkman is just special. The character development is brilliant. I don't even know how they did it.

In my mind the show really ends with the last frame of season 4.
    You don't like season 5 because its so dark and depressing? So? Have you ever watched any other crime dramas? They pretty much all end on a depressing note. These shows aren't made by Disney. What do you expect? Walt and Jesse to just fly away on a magic carpet?

If they just ended with season 4, that would've been terrible. Season 4 was the best season in my opinion and in fact its my favorite season of TV of any show EVER, but if they ended the whole series that way that would've been such a disappointment and it would've just looked like the writers ran out of ideas.

Good High School Starter

i want to **** the shit out of skylar for some reason

Don't know if it's the GOAT TV show, but Ozymandis (S5 E14) is the GOAT episode.

Even if all the other episodes are crap, it's worth watching the 50 or so episodes before just for that episode. That shit is simultaneously the most gut wrenching but brilliant piece of television I've ever seen.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    Don't know if it's the GOAT TV show, but Ozymandis (S5 E14) is the GOAT episode.

Even if all the other episodes are crap, it's worth watching the 50 or so episodes before just for that episode. That shit is simultaneously the most gut wrenching but brilliant piece of television I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    You don't like season 5 because its so dark and depressing? So? Have you ever watched any other crime dramas? They pretty much all end on a depressing note. These shows aren't made by Disney. What do you expect? Walt and Jesse to just fly away on a magic carpet?

If they just ended with season 4, that would've been terrible. Season 4 was the best season in my opinion and in fact its my favorite season of TV of any show EVER, but if they ended the whole series that way that would've been such a disappointment and it would've just looked like the writers ran out of ideas.
    I also though the writers did a lot more bs in season 5. Mistakes have been made by characters like Gus, Walt, and Mike that never would happen. You can't establish these guys as all knowing paladin characters and then have them make simple mistakes. The writers ran out of ideas. I think it's pretty clear in season 5 the ending was contrived. The rest of the series didn't feel that way.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

I also though the writers did a lot more bs in season 5. Mistakes have been made by characters like Gus, Walt, and Mike that never would happen. You can't establish these guys as all knowing paladin characters and then have them make simple mistakes. The writers ran out of ideas. I think it's pretty clear in season 5 the ending was contrived. The rest of the series didn't feel that way.
    Gus died in season 4...so why do you refer to him regarding the writers kind of screwing up in season 5? And was Walt really coming across as an all knowing palading character throughout seasons 1-4 to you? To me, it seemed like he was constantly trying to get himself out a mess while simultaneously enjoying his lifestyle.

Dead Freight is the best episode

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Dead Freight is the best episode
    good one. dont wanna screw with spoilers, but hated the ending
    until I realized Walt died in the car. watch it again, way better.

Haven't seen the show since it ended but I noticed I still had the episode Ozymandias on my DVR so I watched it again couple days ago...

Such a great episode, still has more or less the same punch as the first time watching. Pretty riveting television.

Really nice touch with the flashback beginning of when the White family was still kosher and the attention to the block of knives

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes

I personally like Game of Thrones a bit better than Breaking Bad, but I agree Ozymandias is like the best episode I ever saw in TV.

Homage to Al Thornton AI Thornton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi
    good one. dont wanna screw with spoilers, but hated the ending
    until I realized Walt died in the car. watch it again, way better.
    Watched it several times. I don't believe he died in the car.

Homage to Al Thornton AI Thornton's Avatar

Best episodes are:

Face Off
    Crawl Space
    Dead Freight
    Ozymandis

Just finished last night. I think season 4 was the best but season 5 was still incredible.

Maybe Walt got too nice of an ending. But, I'd rather him get the nice ending than the Nazis.

I don't see how Jesse could have really forgiven Walt at that point, with the whole head nod thing. I know you'd be excited to no longer be a slave., but Walt really screwed Jesse over to a sickening degree. I guess Jesse did the same though. Maybe the head nod was just recognizing all the history between them, knowing that Walt was about to die.