Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: I hate skinny dudes at the gym

whenever I see a skinny man at my gym I say HEEY SKINNY MAN YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE!

Sometimes I take the time and explain them that when I was 11-14 I worked out in the privacy of my own home.. until I was 'big' enough to put my workouts on display.

Showing up as a twig is disrespectful. Fat people get away with it because we know they're just cardio people trying to better themselves. Show up as a twig and you're asking to get mocked silently.

If this has turned into people we hate at the gym, I have to mainly agree with hateraid on the skinny dudes who throw up big weight with horrible form thinking anyone is impressed. Humping the air while barely using your arms to curl 40lb dumbbells will get you no gains, and you look like a clown.

Equipment thing is second. There's this guy at my gym who comes in every Friday and goes over to the one and only cable-cross machine, pulls a bench up to it, brings over 4 sets of dumbbells, and literally just takes over that corner of the gym for an hour. Then, when he's done, he literally just leaves all that shit there and walks out of the gym. I'm seriously contemplating bytching him out and making him clean it up one day just to prove a point. That's totally against gymbro code

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Stronglifts is the best skinny guy workout out there.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers

Equipment thing is second. There's this guy at my gym who comes in every Friday and goes over to the one and only cable-cross machine, pulls a bench up to it, brings over 4 sets of dumbbells, and literally just takes over that corner of the gym for an hour. Then, when he's done, he literally just leaves all that shit there and walks out of the gym. I'm seriously contemplating bytching him out and making him clean it up one day just to prove a point. That's totally against gymbro code
    I actually strained my lower back waiting for some douchebag to be done using the squat rack. He would do a set and then walk away for 2-3 minutes at a time. Come back, start a conversation, then do another set, rinse, repeat. I tried to keep my muscles warm but when I ended up doing my squats I hurt myself. From then on I hate when people take forever. Lesson learned.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid
    I always go out of my way to subtly show them that I lift over double what they can. First I walk up while their benching and give a little scoff while I watch them. Then I ask them to spot me and watch the light go out of their eyes as any masculine pride they may have had just dies inside of them.

Anyone got any better strategies for making sure these bitches don't ever come back to my gym?

A strange egotistical one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    The problem with people working out for vanity especially guys, is that they do it for themselves. It's a selfish way of thinking and you will never accomplish your goals.
    This is the stupidest thing I've ever read on this forum, the reason you lift is for yourself.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid
    I always go out of my way to subtly show them that I lift over double what they can. First I walk up while their benching and give a little scoff while I watch them. Then I ask them to spot me and watch the light go out of their eyes as any masculine pride they may have had just dies inside of them.

Anyone got any better strategies for making sure these bitches don't ever come back to my gym?
    You are the kind of guy that when I "spot" you and don't row your "bench press" back up you get pissed that I didn't spot you correctly.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I am fortunate enough to have good genes and use to go to the gym. I'm 5'11'' about 185lb. I was ripped. I have an ectomorph body that allows me to get yoked up like Brad Pitt from this movie.

This was when I was in a relationship and worked out so I can perform in the sack. LOL @ these guys that workout for vanity. I was doing for performance like any athlete.

I don't mind skinny guys that workout but I can't stand the short guys that get all jacked up because it makes them look even shorter.

I have always wonder if these guys can even wipe their own ass. Non-flexible ass.
    Brad Pitt was never, ever yoked.

I can't stand the guys who go back and forth between machines, not letting anyone else get on one. Or the guys who stand there talking for 5 minutes, then when you go up to a machine they say i was working on that one. F off

Back to Business

LMAO at all the guys who care about the way other GUYS look in the gym.lol

u gotta start somewhere

to op: why go to the gym when you can workout at home? then you won't have to see skinny dudes that piss you off.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

I remember when I used to care about how big I was and it was a big deal to be jacked. This was in high school.

I now can say, and I do so proudly, that I haven't really thought much about it in a while.

I workout so that I at least look somewhat decent to the opposite sex, and so that I am just healthy in general and have less of a chance of having major heart issues and stuff when I'm older.

I hate every dude at the gym. If I had it my way the whole place would be empty other than women on the cardio machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I hate every dude at the gym. If I had it my way the whole place would be empty other than women on the cardio machines.
    in yoga pants and booty shorts

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33

I remember when I used to care about how big I was and it was a big deal to be jacked. This was in high school.

I now can say, and I do so proudly, that I haven't really thought much about it in a while.

I workout so that I at least look somewhat decent to the opposite sex, and so that I am just healthy in general and have less of a chance of having major heart issues and stuff when I'm older.
    yep, exactly...men care about other's men's muscle sizes much more than women do

thread reminds me of this commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn5mzEAMAkY