Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Is this Blazers team for real?

Indeed

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Portland is missing their first round pick who killed in summer league. He's supposed to be a great three point shooter. I know he's going to make this team better.
    LOL @ McCollum killing the Summer League. First of all, who gives a shit about the Summer League, do I have to remind you of all the guys who amounted to zero in the NBA but "killed it" in the Summer League?
    Second of all, he had good bulk stats, but his shooting percentages were terrible. For a "great three point" shooter, he shot 31% in the Summer League.
    That sure bodes well for his three point shooting against much superior competition.

There is literally zero comparison between not having JJ Reddick ,and not having CJ McCollum.

If "for real" means are they a championship contender then my answer is NO.

They rely way too much on outside shots and their defense isn't anything special. Also they have one of the worst benches in basketball.

I like the Blazers and they're fun to watch but 2nd round is as far as they can get (and that's if they keep up their good play,take one of the top seeds and avoid some of the better teams in the West).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    If "for real" means are they a championship contender then my answer is NO.

They rely way too much on outside shots and their defense isn't anything special. Also they have one of the worst benches in basketball.

I like the Blazers and they're fun to watch but 2nd round is as far as they can get (and that's if they keep up their good play,take one of the top seeds and avoid some of the better teams in the West).
    Yea...they have to get a top 2 seed or it could be trouble for them. The 3rd seed in the West is likely going to have to play the Rockets or Warriors. Way harder than Mavs/Nuggets/Suns/Wolves imo.

Not if they have to play the Suns in the 1st round.

rank sentamentalist

i'm with most people in this thread. i don't trust aldridge and lillard is too young. they're a really well-rounded team but they need an upgrade at one of the wings to really put them up in the top tier. at the moment they're unproven especially on defense.

lopez and williams have both proven to be fantastic additions though. especially lopez, he really outplayed jordan last night who had a pretty good game.

OKC is the only team out west who I don't think they could beat. They match up great with Spurs and with hca could surprise them.

They may be a year away from getting to conference finals though.

rank sentamentalist

i'm hoping for a matchup with golden state in the first round which i think is a good possibility. spurs/thunder will be 1-2, then blazers, rockets/clips at 4-5, then warriors. such incredible atmospheres in both those arenas, great potential there.

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Portland is missing their first round pick who killed in summer league. He's supposed to be a great three point shooter. I know he's going to make this team better.
    Adam Morison was beasting during summer league, but no one signed him.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    i'm hoping for a matchup with golden state in the first round which i think is a good possibility. spurs/thunder will be 1-2, then blazers, rockets/clips at 4-5, then warriors. such incredible atmospheres in both those arenas, great potential there.
    GSW-Portland would be an incredible matchup. Probably the two most entertaining teams in the league, along with San Antonio.

Lillard-Curry
    Mathews-Thompson
    Batum-Iggy
    LMA-Lee

Oh my...