Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Dwight's gifts to his teamates

I would say Dwight doesn't know much about watches. Seeing as they travel all the freaking time.

It was in the team's best interest to receive GMT/Travel Watch. With the many timezone adjustments, it would have been much more functional and appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    At the end of the day, I'm happy for Dwight. He genuinely seems happy in Houston and at the end of the day, he did what was best for him.
    he really does seem to be a genuinely nice guy. aaron brooks was saying how dwight knew that he was a huge sneaker addict from twitter, so dwight got him those super rare back to the future nikes. that shows he was actually thoughtful with his gifts.

my friend got to meet him in the rockets locker room after a game and she said he was very nice and accommodating.

Very cool! Nice watches

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I would say Dwight doesn't know much about watches. Seeing as they travel all the freaking time.

It was in the team's best interest to receive GMT/Travel Watch. With the many timezone adjustments, it would have been much more functional and appreciated.
    I doubt any of them really use watches to tell time. Most probably just pull their cell phone out of their pocket when they want to check what time it is. It is a pure fashion statement.

Very good NBA starter

I know right, he should have got them all sun dials. Much more useful... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I doubt any of them really use watches to tell time. Most probably just pull their cell phone out of their pocket when they want to check what time it is. It is a pure fashion statement.

Dude.

The engineering behind the watch and what it symbolizes is why people like me and Dwight are such watch enthusiasts.

Of course we love the appearance. But the behind the scenes and the technical side is the main reason. I freakin' love it .... passionate about it, etc. You're an outside looking in type guy. You can never fully understand it because you can't comprehend it/ understand what makes a person tick about a watch.

Banned

Half true. While they are fashion statements, they are also a functional tool and better at telling time than a cell phone. Only kids use cell phones to look at the time. It's frowned upon in the business world.

While it takes time and you need a free hand to reach into your pocket, grab the phone and press a button to see what time it is and then put it back in your pocket.

I would have just glanced at my wrist and continued on to what I was doing.

If you guys are mover and shakers, you will understand how convenient it is to have a watch.

Half true. While they are fashion statements, they are also a functional tool and better at telling time than a cell phone. Only kids use cell phones to look at the time. It's frowned upon in the business world.

While it takes time and you need a free hand to reach into your pocket, grab the phone and press a button to see what time it is and then put it back in your pocket.

I would have just glanced at my wrist and continued on to what I was doing.
    You do realize that a lot of NBA players are basically giant teenagers who play a child's game for a living right? I'm sure some players love having it on their wrist to tell time and enjoy the engineering behind it but a lot of guys buy it so they can have a $20k ornament on their wrist they will attract attention.

NBA sixth man of the year

He does make millions of dollars and millions more from endorsements. Its still a nice gesture but lets not rattle off the price of things as if its a big deal for a millionaire. I would hope most of us would do the same thing for our friends/teammates/family/whatever if we were in the same position.

Having said that, its great that he did because he didn't have to. Its more about the message it sends to his team that he is happy to be there moreso than how much he spent or what he got them. Sending a card to each teammate would have had the same effect because all of his teammates are rich also, just not as rich as him...

Banned

You do realize that a lot of NBA players are basically giant teenagers who play a child's game for a living right? I'm sure some players love having it on their wrist to tell time and enjoy the engineering behind it but a lot of guys buy it so they can have a $20k ornament on their wrist they will attract attention.
    I have worn watches in that price range and more. While I agree the Rolex may attract attention due to the brand and the style is worldly recognized.

Other brands out there are unnoticeable to the public unless you are a watch aficionado like I am.

At first glance, without looking at the brand on the dial, I can tell what kind of "complications" are on a watch.

Complications is a term used on watches to describe it's functions and how complicated it is made.

Krust Kingz

I have worn watches in that price range and more.

Banned

Some of you people need some real help.

Lol at these name brand watches. If you are going to do something, do it right.

1. Take a trip to switzerland.
    2. Find who the best private watch maker is by asking around in the villages.
    3. Have them build you a quality time peice.

It will make a Rolex, VC, Omega etc look like a toy watch.

Watch owner #1: Bro, check out my Rolex.

Watch owner #2: Check out my hand made Swiss watch that was put together by one of the most famous watch makers in Grenchen. Run along now.

I have worn watches in that price range and more. While I agree the Rolex may attract attention due to the brand and the style is worldly recognized.

Other brands out there are unnoticeable to the public unless you are a watch aficionado like I am.

At first glance, without looking at the brand on the dial, I can tell what kind of "complications" are on a watch.

Complications is a term used on watches to describe it's functions and how complicated it is made.
    How can you seriously sit behind a computer and type this fake bs. Since you seem like a huge watch person, post a pic of your most expensive watch with your username on a piece of paper next to it. I'll patiently wait