Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: LeBron says Heat shooters

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Honest question. Have you ever played basketball? Have you ever even shot a basketball?
    Yes RG, and it never made much of a difference to me whether I wore sleeves or not. Do you refuse to play if you're wearing sleeves or something?

"hey, want to play?"

"shit, I would love to play, but I'm wearing sleeves right now, so I can't"

There are plenty of things that make it harder to play. Cold/wet weather, shitty ball, shoes that aren't ideal for basketball, shitty basket, etc. Sleeves though? Never even crossed my mind.

Baggy uniforms are outdated, Players should go with painted bodies for maximum movement. Think about how easy it would be to fit through tight holes in the paint without those baggy pants and jerseys. This would also lead to more females and ticklish males watching the games, which is good from a business perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Two places of work intentionally handing you a worse version of what you use every day. I'm sorry you're too moronic to put two and two together. If playing in sleeves isn't a big deal then explain why more shooters don't wear compression shirts. Explain why players are complaining about their shots. I trust people whose job it is to shoot a basketball way more than I trust your opinion on sleeves.

Cheers Moe, you da man.
    If one day they had to play a game on some shitty outdoor court while wearing flip flops, then your analogy might make sense.

Sleeves though? Who gives a shit?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Yes RG, and it never made much of a difference to me whether I wore sleeves or not. Do you refuse to play if you're wearing sleeves or something?.
    You and I are not professional basketball players. It matters very little whether we play with shirts or no shirts. We're amateurs. These are professionals that play a certain way and are accustomed to not having to worry about sleeves. If they feel TIGHT sleeves are getting in the way of their motions, who are you to suggest otherwise? It's just one game and is used to showcase them and they must wear them, regardless, but to suggest there is no reason to be against them is simply stupid. This isn't an argument. Sleeves get in the way. How is that even subjective?

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    If one day they had to play a game on some shitty outdoor court while wearing flip flops, then your analogy might make sense.

Sleeves though? Who gives a shit?
    There is a large difference between sleeves on a regular T shirt and sleeves on a compression shirt. Maybe that's just me though...well me and the NBA players

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Good, I hope more players complain. Sleeved jerseys are f*cking retarded.
    This.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

LOL. Weren't yall trashing those sleeve jerseys when GSW anounced to wear it? Now Lebron says the same thing and you acting like those sleeve jerseys are the best thing ever

What if it at work one day out of the year you had to use a computer that shut off every 5 minutes or a pen that didn't work? You wouldn't say "Oh it's okay every other day my stuff works fine". You'd be ****ing pissed off too.
    Don't really understand that analogy at all but okay.

Most NBA players wear LONG SLEEVE shooting shirts in warmups. This should totally be a non-issue when it comes to affecting their shooting.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Disgusting.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bibby4Three
    Don't really understand that analogy at all but okay.

Most NBA players wear LONG SLEEVE shooting shirts in warmups. This should totally be a non-issue when it comes to affecting their shooting.
    So why don't players wear sleeves then? What is the point in forcing them to wear something they don't like? Even if it physically makes no difference, the mental aspect of it will be enough to **** with their shot.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

So why don't players wear sleeves then? What is the point in forcing them to wear something they don't like? Even if it physically makes no difference, the mental aspect of it will be enough to **** with their shot.
    Because they get paid millions and the NBA is a business... if having sleeved jerseys would double shirt sales, the players as employees should wear them, and if they dont like it, leave.

arms and pits must get really hot, sweaty and wet....nasty.................sleeves are a dumb idea

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    arms and pits must get really hot, sweaty and wet....nasty.................sleeves are a dumb idea

Yup. Terrible Marketing by the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    Because they get paid millions and the NBA is a business... if having sleeved jerseys would double shirt sales, the players as employees should wear them, and if they dont like it, leave.
    seriously?

if lebron says he doesnt want to wear these sleeves you think nba will to him just leave?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Wait, what would that look like? What the NFL players wear, sans the padding? Pressure shorts without the basketball shorts on top?
    Something like:

or

The ladies (and Jameer) would probably appreciate dat ass though.