Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Shots fired: Woodson says he never needed time outs when he had Joe in Atlanta.

What exactly is taking so long for Woodson to get fired? I mean, it sounds like he's begging for it, practically trying to part the red sea between himself and the team.

Default Re: Shots fired: Woodson says he never needed time outs when he had Joe in Atlanta.

Shots never get fired in NY, only chucked.

NBA sixth man of the year

The OP was misleading but it wasn't THAT misleading...Woodson did bring up Joe Johnson and he basically said since Melo BEGGED for the ball, he did use the word BEG, that Melo should've known what to do. Saying all of that in the same quote IS a shot at Melo. He just tried to make it seem like it wasn't...I don't even like Melo as a player but this is Woodson's fault...

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    I wasn't disagreeing with niko about "Joe floating through games". I was just disagreeing because he said I ridicule Joe and I never do. Joe does float through games most times but that's only because the dude is not being asked to carry the offense. Joe is playing his role perfectly. He is a spot-up shooter and an occasional isolation player when hot. For him to accept that role makes every Nets fan happy.
    The idea that he floats through games is absolutely idiotic. This is a guy averaging 16 PPG as a 3rd and sometimes 4th option on offense. He's difinitely not scoring all of his 16 PPG in the 4th. If he was then the media would be all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    The idea that he floats through games is absolutely idiotic. This is a guy averaging 16 PPG as a 3rd and sometimes 4th option on offense. He's difinitely not scoring all of his 16 PPG in the 4th. If he was then the media would be all over it.
    Do you watch the Nets? There are games he doesn't touch the ball for long periods of times just standing there. He's a very good player, but he definitely floats at times. He always has. Is this the JJ from the Hawks or a different player?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Do you watch the Nets? There are games he doesn't touch the ball for long periods of times just standing there. He's a very good player, but he definitely floats at times. He always has. Is this the JJ from the Hawks or a different player?
    Sure he doesn't touch the ball every posession. That's because he's a 3rd option playing next to a ball dominant PG and a post up big man. There's only so many touches to go around. what I'm saying is that he does contribute throughout the game, not just in the 4th.

Sure he doesn't touch the ball every posession. That's because he's a 3rd option playing next to a ball dominant PG and a post up big man. There's only so many touches to go around. what I'm saying is that he does contribute throughout the game, not just in the 4th.
    He contributes often. We aren't talking in absolutes. But there are also games where for large portions he is a spectator. It's just true. Go back and watch the Milwaukee game last year he hit the big shots, or the Washington game. In the Washington game he literally stood off to the side until he hit the big shot.

He scored 30 pts in a qtr against an awful team that wanted to lose. WOW. Awe inspiring. Totally makes up for hte playoff noshow.

Are Nets fans going to rep JJ now? You are really easy to please, he floats through a lot of games, basically sat out the playoffs last year, and he's had a couple of good games in you being way under 500, but he's a fan favorite now.
    He did not sit out the playoffs. He was incredibly clutch in game 4 the teams just ran out of gas. No nets fans will fault him for FIGHTING THROUGH INJURY. Gtho

carmelo is an idiot. how many good coaches and teams has he played for yet he takes no blame for their failures. ship his dumbass out to the bobcats where no one expects him to perform.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    In the Knicks morning shoot around today, Mike Woodson decided to address the "no timeout" dilemma one more time. This time he decided to essentially say Joe>Carmelo, which we all knew already. Even at 32, I'd take Joe over Carmelo 100 out of 100 times but Woodson was just reassuring that for us. What's going on with the Knicks? When the Nets were losing they never pointed fingers, sulked or lost faith. The Knicks are breaking right before our eyes due to this losing and it's getting ugly.

"I didn't need timeouts with Joe in Atlanta".
    No way in hell I would pick him over Melo

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

LOL Joe Johnson better than Melo. Joe Johnson couldn't lead the Nets past a team where Nate Robinson was the best player. Yes, Nate Robinson. Where was JJ when the Knicks blew out the Nets by 30? Joe Johnson is a shittier less physical version of Melo. He chucks up bad shots and unlike Melo, he isn't good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCPG
    LOL Joe Johnson better than Melo. Joe Johnson couldn't lead the Nets past a team where Nate Robinson was the best player. Yes, Nate Robinson. Where was JJ when the Knicks blew out the Nets by 30? Joe Johnson is a shittier less physical version of Melo. He chucks up bad shots and unlike Melo, he isn't good at it.
    Honestly it's like you can't comprehend English.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

During the playoff series that the Nets needed a little more offense and Joe didn't do crap (not the first time in his career) was he not being asked to carry the offense? Would it have not been better for him to carry the offense?

Joe doesn't carry the offense most nights because Joe could give two shits on the outcome of the game. He's always been like that. There's been tons of games the Nets lose where Joe is "not carrying the offense" where if he did, they'd win.

He went apeshit on a Philly team that had no chance of winning at that point, let's all throw a party for him.
    Wait, the series that he had plantar facetious? The guy was limping. I cut him a break. And plus, he balled out of his mind in game four.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Honestly it's like you can't comprehend English.
    You clearly don't know shit about basketball