Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Shots fired: Woodson says he never needed time outs when he had Joe in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!

"I didn't need timeouts with Joe in Atlanta".

Default Re: Shots fired: Woodson says he never needed time outs when he had Joe in Atlanta.

What are you talking about you buffoon. Your link says it right there. "I didn't call a timeout because they weren't set. We threw it in and Joe Johnson was able to dribble down and hit a winning shot"

What is "SO" misleading about that?
    because the quote doesnt explicitly say that he didnt call timeouts in atlanta just because he had jj, just that they would try attack a defense that wasnt set

What are you talking about you buffoon. Your link says it right there. "I didn't call a timeout because they weren't set. We threw it in and Joe Johnson was able to dribble down and hit a winning shot"

this is your title:
    "Shots fired: Woodson says he never needed time outs when he had Joe in Atlanta."

this is your quote:

no where does Woodson state he "didn't need timeouts with Joe in Atlanta." He compared scenarios and what Woodson did say was, "I

Thanks for the misquote stupid OP. Now that the Nets have won a few games, you came out of the woodworks.

Transparency

Although, I approve of Woodie being fired You should tweet this thread at Dolan, OP.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Oh come on.. I have never said one bad thing about Joe. Yeah he floats through games but I am the first one to say that's because of our talent and he doesn't get the ball as much as he should. I've praised Joe so much for never missing games. I've chastised Deron, Brook, Paul, Shaun, Garnett, Blatche and Alan, in that order. Very rarely to NEVER have I uttered a bad statement about Joe.
    Exactly, the myth that he floats through games is complete bullshit. The guy wouldn't average 17 PPG if he only showed up in the fourth quarter. Joe Johnson is the only player I haven't criticized too. He's consistent, hes a incredibly versatile scorer, he's the clutchest player in the league, he plays good D, he can run an offense and is a lights out 3 pt shooter. He's probably one of the most underrated players in the league because when people look at him all they see is his contract.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    this is your title:
    "Shots fired: Woodson says he never needed time outs when he had Joe in Atlanta."

this is your quote:

no where does Woodson state he "didn't need timeouts with Joe in Atlanta." He compared scenarios and what Woodson did say was, "I’ve let games go like that. In Atlanta, I let a couple of games where I didn’t call a timeout because they weren’t set." This is VERY different than what you were trying to imply in your initial post
    I got that quote from twitter. I should know by now that these reporters botch titles up but whatever. Do I really care? Nope. Anyways, Woodson should've been done with this topic. Bringing it up again AND bringing Joe Johnson into this is just . Come on Woodson. Asking to be fired?

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    Exactly, the myth that he floats through games is complete bullshit. The guy wouldn't average 17 PPG if he only showed up in the fourth quarter. Joe Johnson is the only player I haven't criticized too. He's consistent, hes a incredibly versatile scorer, he's the clutchest player in the league, he plays good D, he can run an offense and is a lights out 3 pt shooter. He's probably one of the most underrated players in the league because when people look at him all they see is his contract.
    I wasn't disagreeing with niko about "Joe floating through games". I was just disagreeing because he said I ridicule Joe and I never do. Joe does float through games most times but that's only because the dude is not being asked to carry the offense. Joe is playing his role perfectly. He is a spot-up shooter and an occasional isolation player when hot. For him to accept that role makes every Nets fan happy.

I got that quote from twitter. I should know by now that these reporters botch titles up but whatever. Do I really care? Nope. Anyways, Woodson should've been done with this topic. Bringing it up again AND bringing Joe Johnson into this is just . Come on Woodson. Asking to be fired?

he has an obligation to respond to reporters...could he have avoided it, sure could have but I appreciate the info in letting us know what his mindsight is on the situation. the decision to not call a timeout had its merit and then it didn't. coaches faulter all the time on calls, fortunate for Woodson, this wasn't that detrimental a game to affect their season IMO.

if they wanted to advance the ball up on the timeout, didn't they have to immediately call for it (the timeout) before inbounding? also, Melo initially rushed for the ball to "catch them off guard" as Woodson suggested, but then jogged up the court soon after...he needed to get over half-court to call a timeout for the ball to be inbounded on the defenses half of the court. kind of a two-fold flop by both Woodson and Melo to me. regardless, if it were me, I'm calling t/o initially and not wasting time off the clock then running a set play for Melo.

it's not a fireable action (lack of action really) as the nYk are an injured squad...this is a RS game in December, not a playoff game with their season on the line. when Chandler plays, their defensive anchor, I'm sure they'll look more the part of a winning nYk team than what we've seen without him.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Who gives a shit about Joe Johnson? He's not what anyone would call a clutch playoff performer that's for sure.

coaches couldnt call timeouts when woodson coached joe in atl.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Pretty pretty misleading. You had him sounding like an ass. His words in context are totally reasonable.

Very good NBA starter

This quote actually makes Woodson look like more of a dumbass.

OP an asshole for misleading post.

and i was about to clown the Knicks

One good game and the Nets are all high on Joe Johnson again

The guy is averaging 16/3/2.5 on 44%fg. If he was a rookie maybe I'd get excited about him, but considering what he gets paid there are very few players in the league you'd want on your team less.

And as for Woodson, the guy was a shit-tier coach in Atlanta, the notion that he doesn't call these timeouts is funny because he doesn't COACH. He sits on his ass and runs iso's and 'coaches' the defense. He was moderately successful in NYC because he has probably the best player in the league for running isolation plays in Melo, but you saw how that style of play falls apart in the playoffs against good defenses.

I wasn't disagreeing with niko about "Joe floating through games". I was just disagreeing because he said I ridicule Joe and I never do. Joe does float through games most times but that's only because the dude is not being asked to carry the offense. Joe is playing his role perfectly. He is a spot-up shooter and an occasional isolation player when hot. For him to accept that role makes every Nets fan happy.
    During the playoff series that the Nets needed a little more offense and Joe didn't do crap (not the first time in his career) was he not being asked to carry the offense? Would it have not been better for him to carry the offense?

Joe doesn't carry the offense most nights because Joe could give two shits on the outcome of the game. He's always been like that. There's been tons of games the Nets lose where Joe is "not carrying the offense" where if he did, they'd win.

He went apeshit on a Philly team that had no chance of winning at that point, let's all throw a party for him.