Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Default Shots fired: Woodson says he never needed time outs when he had Joe in Atlanta.

In the Knicks morning shoot around today, Mike Woodson decided to address the "no timeout" dilemma one more time. This time he decided to essentially say Joe>Carmelo, which we all knew already. Even at 32, I'd take Joe over Carmelo 100 out of 100 times but Woodson was just reassuring that for us. What's going on with the Knicks? When the Nets were losing they never pointed fingers, sulked or lost faith. The Knicks are breaking right before our eyes due to this losing and it's getting ugly.

"I didn't need timeouts with Joe in Atlanta".

Default Re: Shots fired: Woodson says he never needed time outs when he had Joe in Atlanta.

Dis gon B gud.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Shots fired: Woodson says he never needed time outs when he had Joe in Atlanta.

Translation: Fire me.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I hate Melo, but this lands on Woodson. Even if what he said is true, you don't say it and you adjust to the players you have.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Pretty much. I hate it when coaches pull this shit though. If I were running an organization, I would never hire him after pulling a move like this. I expect a coach to be above this shit. If you really want out, go to management and tell them something along the lines of "I'm no longer the right coach for this team."

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Source?

Are Nets fans going to rep JJ now? You are really easy to please, he floats through a lot of games, basically sat out the playoffs last year, and he's had a couple of good games in you being way under 500, but he's a fan favorite now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturn
    Source?
    NY Post i think. He basically was saying sometimes he did the same thing (which sounds ridiculous considering he forgot by his own admission to call timeout) but Joe bailed him out. That's just great. I suck as a coach, this other guy used to bail me out, why didn't Melo bail me out from my ****up.

Good coaching. Garrett level.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic

This.

Surely there has to be something already going on in the background. I'd say he has a date to be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Are Nets fans going to rep JJ now? You are really easy to please, he floats through a lot of games, basically sat out the playoffs last year, and he's had a couple of good games in you being way under 500, but he's a fan favorite now.
    Oh come on.. I have never said one bad thing about Joe. Yeah he floats through games but I am the first one to say that's because of our talent and he doesn't get the ball as much as he should. I've praised Joe so much for never missing games. I've chastised Deron, Brook, Paul, Shaun, Garnett, Blatche and Alan, in that order. Very rarely to NEVER have I uttered a bad statement about Joe.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Dude is just begging to get fired. He's wants out..

Learning to shoot layups rock la familia's Avatar

this is getting worst thent he lakers last year

Ainge would fire him. However, the Knicks are a f-ed up organization. They won't do anything.

someone needs to post a link...could all be fabricated

Edit: found it
    [QUOTE]
    Last edited by r15mohd; 12-18-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    someone needs to post a link...could all be fabricated

Edit: found it

so misleading OP...smh
    What are you talking about you buffoon. Your link says it right there. "I didn't call a timeout because they weren't set. We threw it in and Joe Johnson was able to dribble down and hit a winning shot"

What is "SO" misleading about that?