Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: Dominique Wilkins: Kobe Bryant in his prime better all around player than Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Isn't it naturally() to clear up it up as saying when Kobe was in his prime LeBron wasn't yet?

Again, stop playing dumb. You know god damn well what people are saying. Nobody is being vague. Nobody is claiming he said LeBron is better. Everyone who isn't retarded can see he simply avoided giving a straight answer.
    No. If you were asked, who's better between some scrub in 1980 vs MJ, would you say, the 1980 scrub's prime was better, but MJ took over? No you wouldn't. If he wanted to say Lebron then he would have just said Lebron because he was better than Kobe ever was, no need to mention Kobe. Use your goddamn head. I'm not being paid to be an English teacher so this is the last time I'll explain it to you. There's no other explanation. He values Kobe's prime more over Lebrons, although present day Lebron is better.
    Is that so hard to accept? It goes in line with the opinions of probably half of what the top 15 all time greats have said. They all respect Kobe... not Lebron. Deal with it.

ps. This has been posted on other sites and no one's even disputed the meaning... But I guess i underestimated the intelligence of lebron stans..

Default Re: Dominique Wilkins: Kobe Bryant in his prime better all around player than Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    No. If you were asked, who's better between some scrub in 1980 vs MJ, would you say, the 1980 scrub's prime was better, but MJ took over? No you wouldn't. If he wanted to say Lebron then he would have just said Lebron because he was better than Kobe ever was, no need to mention Kobe. Use your goddamn head. I'm not being paid to be an English teacher so this is the last time I'll explain it to you. There's no other explanation. He values Kobe's prime more over Lebrons, although present day Lebron is better.
    Is that so hard to accept? It goes in line with the opinions of probably half of what the top 15 all time greats have said. They all respect Kobe... not Lebron. Deal with it.

ps. This has been posted on other sites and no one's even disputed the meaning... But I guess i underestimated the intelligence of lebron stans..
    At no point would the scrub have been better than MJ.

Anyhow.....

during Bird's prime he was the better player over Jordan, but when Jordan entered his prime he took that title.

Exact same statement. Still completely true. Makes no assertion of prime vs prime. You already know that though.

Your games fail.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    At no point would the scrub have been better than MJ.

Anyhow.....

during Bird's prime he was the better player over Jordan, but when Jordan entered his prime he took that title.

Exact same statement. Still completely true. Makes no assertion of prime vs prime. You already know that though.

Your games fail.
    If you were asked who's better, Bird or MJ, wouldn't you just answer MJ then? Why the hell would you need to bring up Bird's prime is better since MJ wasn't in his prime yet? Makes no sense. Typical numbersix.

This just confirms to me that being a great scorer has too much value in the NBA. This is why guys like Carmelo Anthony get labeled superstars.

Lebron not only puts up scoring numbers like Kobe he does so on a more efficient basis. Every other category in the game and Lebron wins by a landslide. Lebron has an big edge in rebounding, defending, shot blocking, and passing. Lebron has even shown himself to be a clutch shooter, hitting game winner in the NBA finals. Kobe went 6-24 in a game 7.

Lebron> Kobe and it's not even close. Kobe>Lebron at hitting fade aways.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    This just confirms to me that being a great scorer has too much value in the NBA. This is why guys like Carmelo Anthony get labeled superstars.

Lebron not only puts up scoring numbers like Kobe he does so on a more efficient basis. Every other category in the game and Lebron wins by a landslide. Lebron has an big edge in rebounding, defending, shot blocking, and passing. Lebron has even shown himself to be a clutch shooter, hitting game winner in the NBA finals. Kobe went 6-24 in a game 7.

Lebron> Kobe and it's not even close. Kobe>Lebron at hitting fade aways.
    Lebron is simply more efficient I'll give you that. If I was picking for my NBA team maybe I'd go with Lebron. If I wanted to win an NBA game? I'm going with Kobe. Especially if Lebron doesn't have a stack-team, it equals no success. Give Kobe 1 good big man and he's ready to go.

I'll take the W over efficient stats all day, every day.

If you were asked who's better, Bird or MJ, wouldn't you just answer MJ then? Why the hell would you need to bring up Bird's prime is better since MJ wasn't in his prime yet? Makes no sense. Typical numbersix.
    Not if you're purposely avoiding answering the question.

Your little games fail.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    I'm 30 and if Kobe is a better all round player than Lebron in his prime than I'm jesus ****ing christ. What a load of shit. Dominique isn't even a guy known for his "all around game", so why is he even talking about this? Is Karl Malone going to come around now and talk about the pg's of today? How they suck compared to John Stockton?
    Such a stupid ass comment, my mind is seriously shattered.

According to your analogy, PRO basketball players who have played basketball for the main portion of their lives, only supposed to know their own position?? Jesus Christ. There are lots of die hard fans who never played ball in their lives. How do they know anything about ball at all?

Nvm.. Not even going to go into detail how idiot you just sounded.

So any NBA players word is gospel?

High School Varsity 6th Man NLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    No, he's not comparing their primes to each other..He's saying each was the better all around player when they were both respectively in their primes...Not that one's prime is better than the others...
    J.J. Reddick in his prime better all-around player than Ray Allen.

>pointless statement
    >people thinking Dominique makes pointless statements

What you guys want to believe he said makes zero sense and nobody speaks like that. People compare primes to primes.

Local High School Star

What you just posted made absolutely no sense and demonstrated once again your lack of social skills. NBA players/politicians/anyone with a brain who isn't like ripthekik does not answer a stupid question like who is better who is not. Look at Phil bloody Jackson, when asked who was better MJ or Kobe he just highlighted each players individual characteristics and strengths. Only simpletons like you would think the world is so simple.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

LOL Dominique Wilkins is a low IQ bball fan. Lebron is far superior than Kobe....leagues above Mr. first round loser in his prime Kobe Bryant.

Come on Mr. Human Highlight Reel. Lebron is a career 28/7/7

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    a lot do. what do people even consider peak kobe? '06? i could argue multiple years of lbj over kobe's peak.
    LOL. A lot = current teens who think being gay is cool.

Imagine a much bigger, stronger, faster Kobe with better vision & passing ability.... which essentially helps aid him to get more rebounds, assists, score more efficiently and make him one of the most versatile 2-way players in NBA history being able to play AND guard basically any position on both ends... wouldnt you say that Kobe is now a more prominent all-round player than his regular self? No?
    Last edited by pauk; 12-09-2013 at 04:51 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    LOL. A lot = current teens who think being gay is cool.
    It must suck to know that there is literally no argument to be had in your favor yet feeling the need to reply anyway.