Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Minnesota Timberwolves gotta nice roster, good coach, and are still mediocre

If Carmelo Anthony really wanted to win and join a team that would be perfect for him, Minnesota would be it.

Love is a good second option; Pekovic is a good third option; Rubio is a good fourth option; Martin is a good fifth option.

Alas, Anthony won't take Minnesota seriously and he will stay in New York.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Minnesota Timberwolves gotta nice roster, good coach, and are still mediocre

Kevin Love is playing in a strange era where elite 4's are 6'11" with 7'6" wingspans. Love cannot dominate the paint on either end because of this relative disadvantage. Love is just under 6'8" with an average wingspan (just under 7').

This is a large part of the reason he's chosen to focus on his 3's, with mixed results.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by westside_baller
    Kevin Love is playing in a strange era where elite 4's are 6'11" with 7'6" wingspans .
    Name these elite 4s with those measurements banging in the post.

Surprised their record isn't better but I think it hurts them having two starters (Brewer/Rubio) that can't shoot.

Budinger will really help.

They have had a tough schedule though.

Chris Paul and Kevin Love need each other in the worst way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
    kevin love isn't a positive impact player.
    this

the wolves would be much better off without his 24 points, and 14 rebounds a night

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Barea is just about the same player he was. He's always been an over-rated spark plug low efficiency guy off the bench.

Still can't believe people think Barea was anything more than what he is now when he was on Dallas.
    He is so bad that I want to drive a nail into my head whenever he steps onto the court. He had an unbelievably hot stretch for Dallas in the play offs and has been living off that ever since. He is just terrible.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    He is so bad that I want to drive a nail into my head whenever he steps onto the court. He had an unbelievably hot stretch for Dallas in the play offs and has been living off that ever since. He is just terrible.
    Yep. And what is forgotten is that Barea was terrible in like half the games in the playoffs in 11 as well.

One of Minnesota's biggest problems is that there is a long history of some truly bad draft picks.

for all you stat nerds out there, the wolves pythagoreon (or expected) win-loss record is 12-7.

on average this year, they beat opponents by 4. they are top 10 on offense and defense, and they certainly look like a good team, so maybe they have just had some bad luck so far this year.

losing close games, but when they win its comfortable.

maybe things will break their way as the season goes on

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Name these elite 4s with those measurements banging in the post.
    Anthony Davis
    Chris Bosh
    Tim Duncan
    Kevin Garnett
    Serge Ibaka
    LMA
    Dwight (last season)
    Nowitzki?

I'm glad you're still studying to pass the GED my friend. Did you hear back from walmart's gardening section btw?

Rubio is overrated