Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good High School Starter ThemBombs's Avatar

Default best way to blow up the Bulls?

obviously this is another lost season for the Bulls and with a loaded NBA draft coming up it's time to start thinking long term. what is the best way to blow up the Bulls?

College superstar

Default Re: best way to blow up the Bulls?

Quote Originally Posted by ThemBombs
    obviously this is another lost season for the Bulls and with a loaded NBA draft coming up it's time to start thinking long term. what is the best way to blow up the Bulls?
    Butler and Noah are must-keeps I think.

Ship Deng and Boozer out for picks and/or younger pieces/prospects. I realize Deng and Noah are the same age, but Noah is the heart and soul of the team and really gives the Bulls their identity.

Tank like there's no tomorrow and hope for a pick high enough for Wiggins, Parker, or Randle.
    Last edited by scm5; 11-25-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    Butler and Noah are must-keeps I think.

Ship Deng and Boozer out for picks and/or younger pieces/prospects. I realize Deng and Noah are the same age, but Noah is the heart and soul of the team and really gives the Bulls their identity.
    Watching the bulls this year, Deng is a much better player to keep than Noah. It's really horrible and makes me cringe everytime Noah gets the ball on the offensive end. He'll even airball wide open shots. What he does on the offensive end is mostly get the ball and pass it to someone else.

Might as well try and move Boozer and Deng for some younger pieces. Maybe even Noah too if someone pays the world for him, but it would be tough to see him leave Chicago. They own the Bobcats 1st this year, and hopefully for the Bulls Nikola Mirotic comes over from Europe next year. I had them pegged as potentially packaging him with Boozer/Deng to try and upgrade, but with Rose out I don't think that should happen now.

Time to blow up the bulls.......again.

Dis franchise.

Banned

1) Package Boozer and a first round pick to a team that can take on salary (Utah?Bobcats?)
    2)Deng to the Kings for Marcus Thorton and Jimmer Fredette
    3) Noah to the Thunder for some of their young guys + a first round pick

High School Varsity 6th Man MisterAmazing's Avatar

Seeing that Rose is gone this season and likely won't be a superstar in the long term, I'd like to see the Bulls do whatever it takes other than giving up Butler/Noah/2014 1st to get Eric Bledsoe. Might seem pretty random, but he just strikes me as a player that would be a great fit in Thibs's system. Deng + a 2015 pick for Bledsoe?

And just while we're throwing ideas out there, Derrick Williams would be a solid prospect that they could try to get for relatively cheap. Boozer for Williams + fillers? Obviously the TWolves like most teams wouldn't want Boozer's gross contract, but given how young the team is & the fact that both Love and Williams could realistically leave, who knows, maybe Boozer would do them some good. Giving up Taj would be more realistic but I don't see them as being willing to do that.

PG Bledsoe
    SG Butler
    SF Williams
    PF Boozer/Gibson
    C Noah

That'd be a hell of a nice rebuild but this is obviously very wishful thinking. Amnestying Boozer + tanking + trying free agency seems more likely, but I would really like to see some way for them to get Bledsoe.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MisterAmazing
    Seeing that Rose is gone this season and likely won't be a superstar in the long term, I'd like to see the Bulls do whatever it takes other than giving up Butler/Noah/2014 1st to get Eric Bledsoe.
    Niga no way the Suns giving away Bledsoe he with dem at least the next 4 years you feel me?

Maybe goran dragic is available dog.

I rule the local playground

Some explosives should do the job.

Trade everyone but Rose, Butler and Noah, and maybe Gibson for expiring contracts and 1st round picks.
    Draft right, hit the free agency hard and NOT build around Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Niga no way the Suns giving away Bledsoe he with dem at least the next 4 years you feel me?

Maybe goran dragic is available dog.
    yeah I know, I'd just really like to see it. Though Dragic would be a sufficient pickup too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    1) Package Boozer and a first round pick to a team that can take on salary (Utah?Bobcats?)
    2)Deng to the Kings for Marcus Thorton and Jimmer Fredette
    3) Noah to the Thunder for some of their young guys + a first round pick
    Utah already near maxed out their free capspace by getting Rush, Jefferson and Biendrins. At this point the only team who can more than a few million is Philly who are still $13 million under the cap. Next closest is Phoenix who are $5 million under.

I'm not sure if Philly is trying to move Thaddeus Young's 3 remaining years, but maybe they'd do Boozer (only has 2 years left) + pick for Young. Would save the Bulls $6 million this year.

And I'm sure if you traded Noah to OKC you'd have to at least take Perkins back to get the salaries to work.

Suns go all out on the #TankforWigginsorParker campaign! DAT EMEKA EXPIRER

Magic get

Luol Deng (expirer)

Bulls get

Jameer Nelson (expirer)
    Arron Afflalo

The Bulls get Nelson to play point guard and Affalo for the shooting guard position.

The Magic get Deng for small forward.

Trade Deng for Aflalo and nelson.
    Trade Boozer/Butler/Mirocic/picks for Kevin Love and Brewer.
    have Noah and Love fake injuries to give Taj Gibson tons of minutes and experience.

Proceed to tank for Jabari Parker. It's Stern's last year, and our villain we love to hate can fix it again just like in 2008.