Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Anybody get the Xbox One?

I heard you can't buy and sell used games freely so I ruled out the possibility. Is that still the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    I heard you can't buy and sell used games freely so I ruled out the possibility. Is that still the case?
    you can now.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    you can now.
    I preferred the original set up. To buy and sell freely, they got rid of the feature that allows you to designate 10 people as "family/friends" that you could share games with. That meant that you could have pooled together 10 people, chipped in $6 each and got a brand new game for you to all play together. That is way better than having the ability to wait 2 months to buy a game for $25-30 and hoping your friends decide to buy the same game.

http://kotaku.com/xbox-ones-top-mark...ine-1441807229

M$ top marketing executive admitting that the Kinect can be used to revolutionize the advertising industry. Only after this private interview was leaked did M$ go into damage control mode... and even then they spoke out the side of their mouth saying shit like, "well nobody is currently working on that".

Ya, I'm sure a tool that can be used to revolutionize the advertising industry will never be utilized.

And the PS4 is both more powerful and less expensive.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    http://kotaku.com/xbox-ones-top-mark...ine-1441807229

M$ top marketing executive admitting that the Kinect can be used to revolutionize the advertising industry. Only after this private interview was leaked did M$ go into damage control mode... and even then they spoke out the side of their mouth saying shit like, "well nobody is currently working on that".

Ya, I'm sure a tool that can be used to revolutionize the advertising industry will never be utilized.
    So do you never plan on using the kinect-like camera on the PS4?

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    And the PS4 is both more powerful and less expensive.
    That's why I'm leaning more towards the PS4 but honestly I probably get both later down the road.

Those are some big ass dongs. (I'll let you decide if they are big-ass dongs, or big ass-dongs)

you can now.
    That's good. I'd still have to look into the whole privacy thing first but I like to be able to get some games cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I preferred the original set up. To buy and sell freely, they got rid of the feature that allows you to designate 10 people as "family/friends" that you could share games with. That meant that you could have pooled together 10 people, chipped in $6 each and got a brand new game for you to all play together. That is way better than having the ability to wait 2 months to buy a game for $25-30 and hoping your friends decide to buy the same game.
    I don't want to have to find 10 people that want to play the same game I do to get it cheap. And then waiting my turn to play it. I like being able to walk into Game Stop and picking up something I was curious about for 15-20 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    I don't want to have to find 10 people that want to play the same game I do to get it cheap. And then waiting my turn to play it. I like being able to walk into Game Stop and picking up something I was curious about for 15-20 bucks.
    you all got to play in at the same time.It goes up to ten but it could be just you and one other person.You could both go half on it and both play it at the same time.

That wasn't how that was going to work, lol. Microsoft has never disclosed their original plan fully, and that plan clearly wasn't fully fleshed out yet to begin with. But they were never going to let you share unlimited access to all your games with 9 other Xbox one systems, that's just plain idiocy.

you all got to play in at the same time.It goes up to ten but it could be just you and one other person.You could both go half on it and both play it at the same time.
    Thanks for the info but when it comes to video games I like the RPGS and generally don't want to investigate which people I know that do or don't want to buy it with me. I'm generally an impulse buyer that goes into a shop and thinks, "eh, it's just 20 bucks, let's check this out."

Love Live Life

I don't see any company agreeing to this.

They would be losing out on money.

National High School Star

That can't be right, I think you've misheard somewhere. There is no way on gods green earth that that would be the case.

It would be, I buy the game $30. You're my friend, so I let you burrow it. You can play it cause you're one of the ten people I nominated, I can't play it at the same time, cause you have it... see where this is going?