Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Laker News: Kobe Bryant has fracture in his left knee. Out 6 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Hill's value goes well beyond his $$$, he hustles, and with the right coach who believes in hustle and defense, he could be a positive influence on young players.....and old players. (Hell, if any of you follow baseball, look at how the all-out hustle every play of Yasiel Puig sparked the Dodgers.) You seriously need that on any team....are your Cheap Free Agents going to provide that???
    If you look at my other points from other threads,I said I wanted Hill to play longer minutes but yes, I did say I "understand" if they trade him cuz he's not getting used properly anyway, I didn't say I obsessed in getting rid of him, but I was actually replying to Lakerskobefan's postion to BLOW UP THE TEAM, which you btw, you chose to ignore.
    What, you're tired arguing with him you just point to one little nugget of what I said?
    Going back to your question about cheap hustlers.
    I like Farried, Pyscho T. Again, DD24 and some other posters here are so convinced there's great talent in the coming draft.
    Like you and I, Im sure they notice Hill's value too, and for sure they can use him better...

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    You can't play Hill tons of minutes he wears down and gets injured. Look at games played. he has one season you could say was a full season at 72 games and that season he averaged 15 mpg.

His games played in a season are 47, 72, 39, and 29 this season... His injury report is a mile long for a guy whose never logged major minutes. and very rarely as a starter.

Hip surgery last year, ankle issues sore knees early on... get the minutes you can get out of him by using him when you need him and not playing him when he doesn't match up well.

He's a hustle player which is great but broken down hustle players are no good to anybody, they just take up space
    Good point, he doesn't have a great injury history/record given he hasn't really played that many minutes for a high first round draft pick or at all, bounced around from team to team a bit and has never had major minutes that I can recall. If he is injured or has injury niggles there goes his physicality which is his main benefit or the reason you have him on the team for his physical nature, bruising style and hustle if his injury problems continue it's a problem and I hope they don't, it's dangerous to play him 30+ minutes but I'd like to see him play around 20 which I think he might be about averaging this season 20-25 is decent but anymore on a consistent basis and your overloading for someone that seems to have continuous but unrelated injury problems. If he didn't have injury problems he'd certainly deserve more minutes possibly but overload him for too much then he will eventually break down in all likelihood.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Hopefully Kobe doesn't catch the injury bug for the end of his career. It's tough seeing him like this. It's better for the Lakers though. They really need a lottery pick this season. Kobe being out more helps that.
    Lakers were 6 and 2 and were really jelling in the 8 games before Kobe showed up. They're 2 and 8 since. They did not call him "Chemistry Killer" his entire career for nothing.

Expect more of the same for the next 2 and a half seasons as Kobe goes in and out of the lineup with various injuries. Unless he has the decency to retire earlier, which he does not.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by mr sax
    Lakers were 6 and 2 and were really jelling in the 8 games before Kobe showed up. They're 2 and 8 since. They did not call him "Chemistry Killer" his entire career for nothing.

Expect more of the same for the next 2 and a half seasons as Kobe goes in and out of the lineup with various injuries. Unless he has the decency to retire earlier, which he does not.
    Kobe wasn't quite himself yet either though. There's more to do with it than just chemistry in that situation. Anyway around it, whatever the Lakers can do to get a higher lottery pick is the only thing that has a chance of turning things around in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    If you look at my other points from other threads,I said I wanted Hill to play longer minutes but yes, I did say I "understand" if they trade him cuz he's not getting used properly anyway, I didn't say I obsessed in getting rid of him, but I was actually replying to Lakerskobefan's postion to BLOW UP THE TEAM, which you btw, you chose to ignore.
    What, you're tired arguing with him you just point to one little nugget of what I said?
    Going back to your question about cheap hustlers.
    I like Farried, Pyscho T. Again, DD24 and some other posters here are so convinced there's great talent in the coming draft.
    Like you and I, Im sure they notice Hill's value too, and for sure they can use him better...

Please tell me that you're not serious
    My opinions are most certainly not the word of God, and I do not read every post nor do I reply to every post. I don't get why you are upset that I didn't reply to another person? Is that my JOB? I'm quite positive that Lakerskobefan doesn't care if I reply or not My reply wouldn't make nor ruin his day.

For the record, I understand his angle of blowing it up, multiple 1st round picks, better than I do yours of just trading Hill. Not that his is the route I want to go, I just understand that it is something reasonable.

At the time I was thinking about all the opinions months ago that we should Amnesty Kobe and how that is not looking so dumb now. He could've sat out the year and re-signed with us after the season I believe.
    I always consider other viewpoints and even reflect on them after history reveals other possibilities......so yeah, Amnesty doesn't look so bad at the moment. Would've saved the team major $$$$$.

This is just basketball talk bro, don't take it so seriously

Home of the 16

Default Re: ... Can Kobe Bryant return to dominant form?

Thread Merged.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Default Re: ... Can Kobe Bryant return to dominant form?

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Thread Merged.
    I knew it I have psychic powers afterall

Default Re: Charles Barkley Thinks Lakers Should Shut Down Kobe Bryant

It feels like 2005 again. We're gonna have to go through some Kwame Brown's & Smushie's. Although, Shaq was my favoritte player back then .. So yall know how it is. lol

#rebuild!!!!!!!!
    It's actually more like 2004-05.
    2005 with Phil, even with Smush and Kwame, Lakers went to the playoffs.
    2004-05, Under Rudy T (won 2 rings with the great Hakeem), almost the same as MDA, who did pretty well with ONE superstar Nash, as in both coaches NEVER PROVED that they can do well with other great players.
    both years Kobe got hurt.
    Various injuries to other key players.
    will most likely miss the playoffs.

Home of the 16

Kobe Bryant Praises Steve Nash On How He Plays The Game

Link: HERE
    “He brought back basketball the way it’s supposed to be played, like when Bird was a player and when Magic was a player.”

Kobe Bryant Praises Steve Nash On How He Plays The Game

Link: HERE
    And this is why Kobe won't ever be a good GM.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    What do you mean exactly? Nash is one of the best PG of all time...all the praise is legitimate and deserved.

??????????????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    What do you mean exactly? Nash is one of the best PG of all time...all the praise is legitimate and deserved.
    Yes, his past is undeniably great, legendary, nothing short of success, whatever.

But I am looking at Kobe's comments from a different angle. Is this his way of rebelling against the front office again? Is this his way of wanting to win, ON HIS TERMS again?

He keeps backing the ineffective by bringing up past contributions. I don't like it one bit. For those of you who remember, I called it that one season when he said he was "closer to being a bull than most people think". I talked about the inappropriateness of those comments and how he would demand a trade later, and nobody believed me, but then he did, every single day for a month.

When he starts speaking like this, I get extremely uncomfortable.

Da Mavs

Yes, his past is undeniably great, legendary, nothing short of success, whatever.

But I am looking at Kobe's comments from a different angle. Is this his way of rebelling against the front office again? Is this his way of wanting to win, ON HIS TERMS again?

He keeps backing the ineffective by bringing up past contributions. I don't like it one bit. For those of you who remember, I called it that one season when he said he was "closer to being a bull than most people think". I talked about the inappropriateness of those comments and how he would demand a trade later, and nobody believed me, but then he did, every single day for a month.

When he starts speaking like this, I get extremely uncomfortable.
    I didn't take it as having ANYTHING to do with that...I took it as him paying homage to his teammate who is clearly an all time great. It was for a documentary on Nash, so of course it will deal with his entire career.

Da Mavs

Default Re: ☆Official Kobe Bryant Thread: Can Kobe Bryant return to dominant form?

On a side note...we haven't seen Kobe in the playoffs since the 2012 series against OKC...over TWO YEARS ago...that's crazy and so bizarre. I really miss the 08-10 run.