Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Why are Celtics fans being so GREEDY with Rondo? Umm hello youre tanking....

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    you do realize rondo is coming off an ACL injury and the Celtics have ZERO bargaining power.
    Wrong. Players have come back from ACL tears before and the Celtics are under no compulsion to trade him this season or at all. If a team (like, say, the Knicks) calls with an offer the Cs don't like (like, say, Stat and Shump) Ainge can just say no until they come with an offer that he does.

Default Re: Why are Celtics fans being so GREEDY with Rondo? Umm hello youre tanking....

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    Whats stupid is you holding onto Rondo while shedding no tears over losing Pierce/KG

And this thread is stupid. Not wanting to trade him for the ghost of Amare Stoudemire = being greedy?

College superstar

You trade away your entire team for peanuts (draft picks that wont amount to jack)
    You don't think the Nets in 3-5 years with ZERO 1st round picks until then aren't going to be terrible? They are ALREADY terrible.

1. rondo is still relatively young with 27 years of age.
    2. if the rebuild goes well and we pick up some star free agents along the way.. who knows, maybe we can be back in contention as early as in 3-4 years.

3. anyway.. don't act like the celtics got any decent offers for rondo. shumpert and stoudemire the celtics will trade him only for high-value picks and young studs, not players with shot knees.

rondo for nash, do it

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Wrong. Players have come back from ACL tears before and the Celtics are under no compulsion to trade him this season or at all. If a team (like, say, the Knicks) calls with an offer the Cs don't like (like, say, Stat and Shump) Ainge can just say no until they come with an offer that he does.
    right off course, i forgot because the last 2 significant players coming back from ACL (SHUMPER/ROSE) have been rock stars since returning. MY BAD

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    right off course, i forgot because the last 2 significant players coming back from ACL (SHUMPER/ROSE) have been rock stars since returning. MY BAD
    Shumpert statistically is playing at the same level now as he did pre-injury. Rose just came back from a year away and has shown the explosiveness he had before, just needs to work the rust off.

raep tiem

Most want expirers or good contracts for him. No one has been asking for superstars

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b1imtf
    Most want expirers or good contracts for him. No one has been asking for superstars
    You'd be happy with an expiring contract for Rondo?

I wouldn't be happy if we didn't get at least two of the following:

A high lotto draft pick
    A good young player still on his rookie deal
    Rid of Gerald Wallace's contract
    Expiring contracts

And even then I still wouldn't be happy. If we traded him to, say, Charlotte for Kemba Walker, their unprotected first this year, and expirers, I'd accept that. Although I'm not sure the Cats have their 1st this year. And I'd still be pretty pissed off.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen

A high lotto draft pick
    Expiring contracts

And even then I still wouldn't be happy. If we traded him to, say, Charlotte for Kemba Walker, their unprotected first this year, and expirers, I'd accept that. Although I'm not sure the Cats have their 1st this year. And I'd still be pretty pissed off.
    LOL prime Shaq didn't even get that.. but Rondo will?

raep tiem

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen

A high lotto draft pick
    Expiring contracts

Expiring and lotto picks I'd be ok with. Expiring, lotto picks and getting rid of Wallace I'd be happy.

If the Celtics are smart, they will keep him injured and tank as hard as they can. That way they can get a future superstar in the draft and already have them paired up with another star who happens to be a pass first PG...

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Shumpert statistically is playing at the same level now as he did pre-injury. Rose just came back from a year away and has shown the explosiveness he had before, just needs to work the rust off.
    shumpert has been hot garbage this year. Why do you think the Knicks are looking to trade him??

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Whats stupid is you holding onto Rondo while shedding no tears over losing Pierce/KG
    What's stupid is NY wasting an amnesty on Billups small contract instead of Amare's gigantic contract

I honestly think NY is trying to lose on purpose. No franchise can be that dumb.

Because he has value? Why trade Rondo for peanuts when we could get money? Yeah we're tanking but even then look at Minnesota and Seattle, they didn't trade their stars for nothing.

Edit: oh and you don't want to be stuck tanking for years like the bobcats, the more stars the better.
    Last edited by CelticBaller; 11-19-2013 at 07:58 PM.