Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Why are Celtics fans being so GREEDY with Rondo? Umm hello youre tanking....

You trade away your entire team for peanuts (draft picks that wont amount to jack) and you wanna be like "Na man, we aint giving up Rondo unless we get a superstar back"

You rooks would rather waste Rondo's prime in mediocrity and a lottery team than let the man flourish and win some more chips. Grow up losers and enjoy the next 3-5 years of around 15-20 wins a season.

Default Re: Why are Celtics fans being so GREEDY with Rondo? Umm hello youre tanking....

Yeah, trade him to the Knicks for nothing or you're just a bunch of selfish jerks.

Default Re: Why are Celtics fans being so GREEDY with Rondo? Umm hello youre tanking....

Rondo is not a superstar. Why would they expect a superstar in return?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

"Greedy?" Like we have any control over what Ainge considers to be a good deal? You're upset that we want to see the Celtics make a great trade if Rondo is dealt? Stupid topic.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    "Greedy?" Like we have any control over what Ainge considers to be a good deal? You're upset that we want to see the Celtics make a great trade if Rondo is dealt? Stupid topic.

Whats stupid is you holding onto Rondo while shedding no tears over losing Pierce/KG

Top 1 Bball Mind.

How are they being greedy if they don't want to trade him for Amare Stoudemire and Iman Shumpert?

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    Whats stupid is you holding onto Rondo while shedding no tears over losing Pierce/KG
    I will always be a fan of Pierce and Garnett. I confess, I did not cry over the trade, but why should I? They're near the end of their careers, Ainge wants to rebuild, and at the time we all thought they were being sent to a good team. I liked the idea of Pierce being a career Celtic and KG ending his career here but beyond that bit of sentiment trading them made a lot of sense to get some picks for a rebuilding team.

As for Rondo, if Ainge finds a good trade I'll accept that. But why should Ainge settle for a deal that isn't great for the Cs? That doesn't make sense. People were talking like you years ago when Pierce was leading a Celtic team that was one of the worst in the league. Ainge didn't budge on his principles and uin the end built a Champion around Pierce instead of trading Pierce which so many posters thinking like you do about Rondo thought was the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    How are they being greedy if they don't want to trade him for Amare Stoudemire and Iman Shumpert?
    I would hope that isn't the deal that inspired this thread but who knows?

Rondo for Chris Smith

who says no?

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    You trade away your entire team for peanuts (draft picks that wont amount to jack) and you wanna be like "Na man, we aint giving up Rondo unless we get a superstar back"

You rooks would rather waste Rondo's prime in mediocrity and a lottery team than let the man flourish and win some more chips. Grow up losers and enjoy the next 3-5 years of around 15-20 wins a season.
    Unprotected pick from the Nets in 5 years time represents a decent chance of a lottery pick imo. Even if not we've picked up Bradley, Sully and Rondo in the late 1st round recently so its not like theres no value there

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    Rondo for Chris Smith

who says no?
    JR does

You can still have some good players on a shitty team.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    No, you are just greedy. [COLOR="White"](I don't think so of course but it's more fun to play along.)[/COLOR]

I think it's because you are from Boston, all those bank robbers and fbi snitches and such.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    JR does
    Beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Yeah, trade him to the Knicks for nothing or you're just a bunch of selfish jerks.
    you do realize rondo is coming off an ACL injury and the Celtics have ZERO bargaining power.