Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Which song is usually regarded as the greatest ever?

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady
    Utterly foolish opinion.

His voice was never a good singing voice by technical standards but the lyrics are still timeless poetry.

How can you say a song like, "Times Are a Changin" is stuck in the '60s when u can apply it to every single decade/ generation that has come after?

Sounds like u just want to be 'that guy'
    The guy that thinks Dylan sucks and is stuck in the 60s? His music, his voice, his ability, they're all third rate. He's a 60's poet, not a creator of the greatest songs of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    I think Dylan has had more songs covered than anyone else ever. Must be some reason for that.
    He doesn't have one in the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    The guy that thinks Dylan sucks and is stuck in the 60s? His music, his voice, his ability, they're all third rate. He's a 60's poet, not a creator of the greatest songs of all time.

I gave only one example of a song that can never really be dated or 'stuck in the 60s' yet you didn't even address that.

I respect it the guy isn't your cup of tea, I've said as much about the actual singing voice.

For you to say the content of his songs are confined to the decade they were made is about as off base of a statement on lyrical music I can think of.

In fact, despite the popularity that his songs in this thread still have, some of my personal favorites are rooted or connoted with times far before anything modern to that of the '60s.