Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: (Official) Kevin Durant FTM record watch

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    He's a deadly scorer who can shoot from anywhere while being able to attack the rim with his insane wingspan. His weak base causes him to fall easily with slight contact so officials are forced to call fouls. He's savvy and hunts extended arms to get tangled up in.. lol. It's not always about who attacks the rim more. Reggie Miller had a higher FT rate than Jordan.
    Wasnt reggie miller a known flopper/baiter?

At least reggie was a little real with it though.. he talk shit right to your face no matter what right after tricking you and getting the refs to see his side. This whole class of ref baiters nowadays harden/durant/wade just act entitled.. and arent even sneaky with it. Just spoiled brats like the refs are their rich parents.. while melo is like an orphan.

It's ugly ass B.Walton

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    This whole class of ref baiters nowadays harden/durant/wade just act entitled.. and arent even sneaky with it. Just spoiled brats like the refs are their rich parents.. while melo is like an orphan.

It's funny cause it's true lol

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Wasnt reggie miller a known flopper/baiter?

At least reggie was a little real with it though.. he talk shit right to your face no matter what right after tricking you and getting the refs to see his side. This whole class of ref baiters nowadays harden/durant/wade just act entitled.. and arent even sneaky with it. Just spoiled brats like the refs are their rich parents.. while melo is like an orphan.

Reggie Miller was the KING,EMPEROR of Flop

He patented the shooting leg kick for fta,he did the rip through,he extended his arms whenever he shot to get touched and get fta,he exaggerated contact all the time.

And even then comparing Jordan and Reggie is like today comparing
    Durant and Harden.
    Jordan was the NBA's golden boy,you couldn't breath on Jordan and he got special ref treatment like Durant does.Harden is like Reggie only Harden can not shoot or do anything.

Durant is the NBA's golden boy,you can't breath on him.
    LeBron has been getting the Shaq treatment since he came to Miami,once he started winning and dominating and also maybe due to the excessive hate he got the Shaq treatment.

Durant is untouchable,it's like he took George Gervin and Reggie Miller's tactics and bc he's NBA's golden boy,he's UNTOUCHABLE.

14 FTA PER GAME,WTF?

The only person even close to that amount is Harden and the only person in the past 20 years to even get close to that is Shaq.

Wade barely gets any calls and is basically completely disregarded as a star by the refs,Melo gets no calls(maybe NY hate bias),LeBron got the Shaq treatment,
    Kobe gets calls like he's in his prime and a star,Harden is Free Throw King and the league is trying to make him a star,Durant is MR UNTOUCHABLE,Free Throw God and is getting FTA as much as Wilt only You cant touch Him.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

This is actually quality trolling.
    I was thinking something similar. Its at least reasonably new information and its amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    This is actually quality trolling. The tired of being 2nd at everything line and the highlights were hilarious. Repped.
    Not a trolling. An official record tracking thread with a hint of sarcasm the situation warrants

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    Current top 10 in scoring (excluding FT's):

1. Lebron James - 21.9ppg
    2. Kevin Love - 20.1ppg
    3. Carmelo Anthony - 20.1ppg
    4. Lamarcus Aldridge - 19.6ppg
    5. Blake Griffin - 18.9ppg
    5. Klay Thompson - 18.9ppg
    7. Kevin Martin - 18.3ppg
    7. Paul George - 18.3ppg
    7. Kevin Durant - 18.3ppg
    10. Bradley Beal - 18.1ppg
    lol....

big up LMA

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I was thinking something similar. Its at least reasonably new information and its amusing.

Yeah no we've never heard about Durant & his free throws.

I mean as long as it isn't negatively directed towards Rose..who cares?

And to think we're only one Lebron James away from ''God of the Line'' being considered the NBA's best basketball player. What has this league come to, REFS?

In all honesty, Durant is a god-level talent and a pleasure to watch, except when he is at the line shooting FTs... which is virtually all the time these days.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: (Official) Kevin Durant FTM record watch

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Yeah no we've never heard about Durant & his free throws.

I mean as long as it isn't negatively directed towards Rose..who cares?
    I knew none of the information in the first post. It being a Durant Ft topic doesnt make it exactly a rehash. And even if it were...if I deleted every topic id seen before we wouldnt have any. Ive been here 12 damn years. Nothing is original anymore.

But some hater topics manage to be amusing if well put together. The 1 word topics, hating just to get a reaction and argue all day, and acting like HOF players are worse than role players are not needed.

Not like rose topics are all deleted. There have been more than one today I disregarded.

Bump, updated OP. KD slips a little of his pace (still comfortably on a track to make it though). Great game today

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

3 fg made 19 points

3-9 FG.
    12-13 FT.

19 points.

Now imagine if Westbrook didn't ball hog his potential FT attempts. Imagine if he had extra 10 shots, he could use his flailing arms and off balance falls to get another 8-10 easy free throws a game.

Banned

Very interesting thread.

Durant is a benefit of the "little man" phenomenon that has changed how officials officiate the game.

More contact is needed to move a big and strong guy such as LeBron James so he doesn't get all of the calls he should get when driving to the hoop. A twig like Durant can get slightly tapped on his drive and he will fall down either because he is frail as **** or because he flops. Thats the way officials call the game now. It's not whether the defender commits an illegal movement, but by how far the offensive player gets knocked off course.

If Shaq played in this league you'd see guys full out tackling him with no whistles being blown just because he wouldn't budge. It doesn't make the acts any less of a foul though.. Officials need to get their shit together.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Durant is something special. Setting records left and right. Also making OP catch feelings so easily.