Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Jack Taylor (guy from last year) scores 109 points

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    I guess. I'd be just fine with never hearing about him or the team though. I don't care what level you're playing at, if your main goal is to break records rather than win(although they seem to do that quite handily), I can't respect that.
    Nobody goes there to be developed into pro material.

The main goal for the coach there is for his team to have fun and enjoy playing basketball while they go to school there. So he came up with a system that ensures everybody will play and score baskets, even 15 guys. They get a chance to break records most people thought would never be broken, I bet that's a pretty cool experience for a random guy playing 3rd division.

Local High School Star

A new chucker rises.

Kobe wants to play there!

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    It's about on par with Euroleague level talent/competition. So this kid would theoretically be dropping 100pts on Euroleague teams.
    Slow down there... you're giving the Euroleague too much credit, my high school varsity basketball team could blow out the best of them.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Divison 3 must be a joke in the States
    It varies. Obviously you'll have some awful players but there's also a fair amount of pros that come out of D3 and work their way into solid and lucrative professional careers.

One particular example that comes to mind is Andy Panko.
    He played D3 for 4 years and worked his way up through Europe. He was the Spanish League MVP in 2012 and has played in Euroleague.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Nobody goes there to be developed into pro material.

The main goal for the coach there is for his team to have fun and enjoy playing basketball while they go to school there. So he came up with a system that ensures everybody will play and score baskets, even 15 guys. They get a chance to break records most people thought would never be broken, I bet that's a pretty cool experience for a random guy playing 3rd division.
    I realize this but I guess I just love the sport too much to respect that. I've played very, very low levels of basketball and I would feel disrespected as f*ck if people were going out there trying to get in the record books against me/my team while we're playing the game to win. Taking shots within 2-3 seconds of getting the ball, etc. and I definitely would not choose to play for a team like that.

Good for him and the team getting their records, but I don't like it. Just me.

Nice shooter

Andy Panko played DIII and was Spanish ACB MVP

Also

Jack Taylor > Anyone talking shit about him

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    It's about on par with Euroleague level talent/competition. So this kid would theoretically be dropping 100pts on Euroleague teams.
    Guys like Teodosic and Diamantidis would be able to be stars in DIII but not get close to scoring 100, DIII is about half a tier above Euroleague competition IMO

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    Damn lol. What a ridiculous way to play basketball. The guy put up 70 shots in 29 minutes of play.
    kobe and melo are jelly

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Slow down there... you're giving the Euroleague too much credit, my high school varsity basketball team could blow out the best of them.
    C'mon kid, that joke wasn't funny the first gazillion times.

Real Talk: Orlando wouldn't win the Euroleague w/ their current roster. Final 4 at BEST.

College superstar

D1 - 325 teams
    D2 - 265 teams
    D3 - 325 teams
    NAIA - 259 teams

This doesn't include technical colleges, MANY of which would club this team.

Naia member schools are scholarship eligible so they are definitively higher than D3 schools. Period.

There is a 65 team D3 tourney almost identical to D1 March Madness. Not only has this team not made the tournament, but only once in the last 6 years has any team in the conference made the tourney (losing in the first round). Never once during Jack Taylor's tenure has this team been in the top 2 in the conference and hey have not won a single conference tourney game.

The game he scored 138 was not even against another D3 team. It was an UNAFFILIATED team, which would essentially be a club and not one of the 1159 organized university programs. Crossroads College appears to be the same thing. Crossroads College is the new name for Minnesota Bible School and has 174 students, so probably ~90 guys go to school there.

Look, there are plenty of impressive D3 teams and players. This isn't one of either. All these games are against teams that don't have coaches and aren't even real organized basketball. It certainly isn't one of the best 1000 college programs in the US and I would bet there are hundreds of intramural teams that would beat Grinnell. Thousands would beat Minnesota Bible School and anyone that would put teams like this on the schedule to break records against is an embarrassment. If it doesn't happen against an organized team it didn't happen.
    Last edited by HurricaneKid; 11-18-2013 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    C'mon kid, that joke wasn't funny the first gazillion times.

Real Talk: Orlando wouldn't win the Euroleague w/ their current roster. Final 4 at BEST.

College superstar

If a team was chucking 3's early in the shot clock against my team when they were up 50 points, many elbows would be thrown. Jack Taylor would never score 100 points against my team.