Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: If Brook Lopez averaged 10 Rebounds per game...

Lopez is great at boxing out players which basically means that Reggie Evans ends up getting the actual rebound while Lopez does all the dirty work.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    He's excellent at boxing out and helping the team on the boards. When you're 7'1" 290 you create space for others. The team was the 2nd best rebounding team last year and while they are inconsistent this year, they will be fine on the glass. Also, the Nets have been better on the glass with him on the court than off each of his 4 healthy seasons (not the 5 game season)

Personally, I don't care about his individual rebounding numbers, I care about team rebounding numbers, and assuming the Nets end up out-rebounding their opponents on average, I'm happy.

He's the best offensive center in the league IMO and one of the best paint defenders at the moment. Not only is he averaging 2.7 bpg, opponents only shoot 31.5% at the rim against him. To put that in perspective there are close to 50 players that have to defend at least 6 FGA in the paint (Brook defends about 9 as his guards can't stop penetration).. and of those 50, he is the best.

Hibbert - 35%
    Howard - 48%
    Bogut - 46%
    Duncan - 41%
    Noah - 38%
    Varejao - 62%

For comparison.
    cool stats!! Where'd you find em?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    Where would you rank him among centers? The League?
    1st

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    cool stats!! Where'd you find em?
    NBA.com player tracking stats.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Still can't play a lick of defense so not that high

Not airballing my layups anymore

He's excellent at boxing out and helping the team on the boards. When you're 7'1" 290 you create space for others. The team was the 2nd best rebounding team last year and while they are inconsistent this year, they will be fine on the glass. Also, the Nets have been better on the glass with him on the court than off each of his 4 healthy seasons (not the 5 game season)

Personally, I don't care about his individual rebounding numbers, I care about team rebounding numbers, and assuming the Nets end up out-rebounding their opponents on average, I'm happy.

He's the best offensive center in the league IMO and one of the best paint defenders at the moment. Not only is he averaging 2.7 bpg, opponents only shoot 31.5% at the rim against him. To put that in perspective there are close to 50 players that have to defend at least 6 FGA in the paint (Brook defends about 9 as his guards can't stop penetration).. and of those 50, he is the best.

Hibbert - 35%
    Howard - 48%
    Bogut - 46%
    Duncan - 41%
    Noah - 38%
    Varejao - 62%

For comparison.
    Where do you get these stats?

EDIT: Should have read more. question already answered

Hibbert - 35%
    Howard - 48%
    Bogut - 46%
    Duncan - 41%
    Noah - 38%
    Varejao - 62%

For comparison.

One of the bball blogs did a post on how much better the Nets are at rebounding the ball when Lopez is on a the court. It showed the percentages with him on and off the court. The reason is because he deliberately clears space for his other teammates to get the rebound, not him. I can't find that post, but here's a different article on the same topic. Lopez often boxes out Reggie Evans man, so Evans can be free for the rebound.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V6-KzgLOEQ
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 11-18-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    Still can't play a lick of defense so not that high
    Wrong.
    He's one of the best interior defenders in the NBA.
    Watch a game and live in the present.