Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: it's too bad Cavs sucked at drafting this past couple of years

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    They Passed on Drummond, Barnes, shit trading down to pick Porter would've helped them stack up their roster
    flat picking porter realistic and still good long hall

lol at people saying its all about training. Of course you pick on potential, but if that is the case, how do you pass on guys like Drummond and Noel who are extreme potential beasts?
    No I'm not saying that training is useless, I do very much respect the Spurs organization and think they are the best at developing players(in fact Spurs would be the team that I hope drafted me if I was a bball player lol).

But comon Bennet??

Not impressed with Waiters or Bennett so far. Projecting how prospects will play at the NBA level can't be easy though.

I was shocked how many teams passed on Drummond though, including my Warriors. I've been happy with Barnes development... but make no mistake, I wanted Drummond.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Guy
    lol at people saying its all about training. Of course you pick on potential, but if that is the case, how do you pass on guys like Drummond and Noel who are extreme potential beasts?
    No I'm not saying that training is useless, I do very much respect the Spurs organization and think they are the best at developing players(in fact Spurs would be the team that I hope drafted me if I was a bball player lol).

But comon Bennet??
    extreme potential beasts will turn out as busts if they can't be developed. the only time drafting position matters is if there's a transcendental player like Lebron on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    extreme potential beasts will turn out as busts if they can't be developed. the only time drafting position matters is if there's a transcendental player like Lebron on the board.
    I agree, what I mean by taking Noel and Drummond as examples is that they at least have huge potential. But the Bennet pick hasn/t shown potential nor skill, so it makes no sense at all.
    The Early Wade comparisons must be making Cleveland fans he has more resemblance to eddy curry

NBA Superstar

Lets not cast aspersions after the first few games.

The Cavs have benched him the last few games, this will continue for a few more (I hope) and then he should return and be at worst a solid rotation guy for the rest of the season.

He will be a very good pro, people need to chill on the damning commentary at this point.

He will have a better career than Noel (I don't see him playing a full season ever), Otto Porter (already peaked and has injury issues of his own), and outside of Oladipo everyone else is kind of ho-hum.

There will be a breakout game and that will lead to consistent contribution.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    He will have a better career than Noel (I don't see him playing a full season ever)
    Based on what?

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Yea that Oladipo is a real stud. 11 ppg on 11 shots a game plus 4 TOs in 25 a night really screams future all-star.