Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Eric Bledsoe avg 22.0/6.3/8.7. He needs some recognition, bishes

He has looked really good. I miss him on the clips, even though I know they couldn't afford him.

Getting him for Jared Dudley was a great deal for phx.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

The guy is an elite athlete, so he can play a lot bigger than he is. And just from watching him during his Clipper days, he can be a destructive force defensively on the ball. I remember seeing him against OKC one night and it looking like Westbrook didn't want to face the basket with the ball against him. He's a defensive menace in the way Avery Bradley is at times.

I still think he's probably a bit out of control to play PG, but I love the pairing with Dragic. Dragic has extra size. Can handle a lot of the orchestrating PG duties, but is still a good enough shooter to play off the ball when Bledsoe is in those stretches where you want him with it. I think it's a great fit.

I really wanted the Celtics to push to get Bledsoe this summer when everything was happening.

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    The guy is an elite athlete, so he can play a lot bigger than he is. And just from watching him during his Clipper days, he can be a destructive force defensively on the ball. I remember seeing him against OKC one night and it looking like Westbrook didn't want to face the basket with the ball against him. He's a defensive menace in the way Avery Bradley is at times.

I still think he's probably a bit out of control to play PG, but I love the pairing with Dragic. Dragic has extra size. Can handle a lot of the orchestrating PG duties, but is still a good enough shooter to play off the ball when Bledsoe is in those stretches where you want him with it. I think it's a great fit.

I really wanted the Celtics to push to get Bledsoe this summer when everything was happening.
    You guys already have rondo and Avery Bradley. Why do you want Bledsoe?

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Nearly 6 turnovers and shooting 5 3pters a game even though he clearly can't shoot them.

His stats will come back down a bit. 17/6/6 45/30/80 2 steals 4 turnovers, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Nearly 6 turnovers and shooting 5 3pters a game even though he clearly can't shoot them.

His stats will come back down a bit. 17/6/6 45/30/80 2 steals 4 turnovers, imo.

Still great stats.

i think if he shot 3 3's a game, that would be acceptable...I was surprised by how high his turnovers are, but that can also be the Suns poor floor spacing and his quickness would sometimes lead him into getting tangled up.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Oh, I agree. He's better than I thought he would be. Just didn't make sense not posting the turnovers part where he's right at the top of the NBA for that too.

Kind of surprised he hasn't registered a block yet. I would have bet, and still probably would, that he would be one of the leaders for blocks at his position.

Wade-lite w/ those drives to the basket ... Suns found themselves a long-time PG to replace Nash.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Oh, I agree. He's better than I thought he would be. Just didn't make sense not posting the turnovers part where he's right at the top of the NBA for that too.

Kind of surprised he hasn't registered a block yet. I would have bet, and still probably would, that he would be one of the leaders for blocks at his position.

I totally agree he is very turnover prone, his handle and court vision are below average for a starting PG. I dont really even consider him a pure point, hes really more of a combo guard. In fact despite liking him a lot as a player I even said before he was traded no team should look at him as their starting point guard unless they have a two guard who is ball dominant. But I agree the pairing with Dragic makes sense because Bledsoe doesnt need the ball to impact the game.

I was just pointing out that he definitely impacts a game in positive ways both tangible and intangible, and isnt just one of those guys that seems invisible all game and somehow comes away with a monster box sxore.

Quote Originally Posted by livingby3's
    Yeah. The last thing i want the Suns to do is to trade Dragic again
    Suns fans getting nervous about the inevitable. Dragic for shumpert, Felton, and hardaway jr.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Baby-Lebron

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

I don't know what you are watching but his vision isn't poor. I've seen some nice dump passes to the bigman in traffic and some nice alley-oop passes too in just the first 4 games of the season. You could say average, but definately not poor.

Low basketball IQ? A guy who is putting up 22/6/8 with close to 2.5 steals has poor basketball IQ? I think you're a bit off the mark here.

I think maybe you haven't really watched him this year and only seen him when he played for the Clippers.
    You don't equate basketball IQ with someones stats. I've watched every single professional game Bledsoe has ever played except for 3 of this seasons games. I know him very very well trust me. I'm just pointing out the positive and negatives of his game and left many compliments. No need to cry.

mini lebron

got him in fantasy, someone picked bradley beal over him right before me

Local High School Star

Okay i gotta give him some respect for it.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

I don't know what you are watching but his vision isn't poor. I've seen some nice dump passes to the bigman in traffic and some nice alley-oop passes too in just the first 4 games of the season. You could say average, but definately not poor.

Low basketball IQ? A guy who is putting up 22/6/8 with close to 2.5 steals has poor basketball IQ? I think you're a bit off the mark here.

I think maybe you haven't really watched him this year and only seen him when he played for the Clippers.
    Just because you put up stats doesn't mean you have a high bball IQ. The guy is an INCREDIBLE lathe and has a fantastic motor. That being said, I haven't watched him enough to make a judgement on his IQ... but in LA he didn't stand out as having a high bball IQ. He is one of those guys you are almost wary of reigning in because you love his effort.