Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Did Wilts "100 point game" actually happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey4trading
    You're right we don't have any footage of the revilutinary war, but we do have

The treaty of Paris
    The tea act
    The French alliance
    The US constitution

And a heap load of other evidence

Great example
    It's clearly all rigged, I think you are under-estimating the power of David Stern.

NBA rookie of the year

I think the OP makes a good point. I mean some people mention seeing ghosts, UFOs, even Big Foot. However there is no actual proof of any of these entities.

Why should we be so eager to believe that Wilt scored 100 points? There is no real footage of this just like in the former.

There was no Wilt either He is a mythical character, like Santa Clause.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Seeing is believing.. And well I've never seen it, inclfact none of you have.

That's because footage of the game doesn't exist..

Lets take a closer look. In 1962 ( the year of the supposed game) the NBA wasn't very popular. Games werent televised, attendance was horrific and it was below college basketball in popularity. What a better way to generate coverage of the NBA than with a 100 pt game.. Could it be? Could Wilts 100 point game have been a fraud? Perhaps..

Wilts "accomplishment" during the early 60's would have been a big deal, and as any promoter knows, a special attraction will bring fans to the game and with NBA attendance as dreadful as it was..one man saw a giant among men and a golden opportunity, that mans name was..

Harvey Pollack

Pollack, the Warriors PR man at the time saw an oppurtunity and took it. Knowing there was no cameras, NO SPORTS WRITERS at the game and a handful in attendance he knew this was a situation that could be easily manipulated.

Harvey Pollack originally claimed that the game took place infront of 40,000 people

Today, the games attendance is believed to have been around 4,000.

Pollack also originally claimed that the game was played in Madison Squate Garden..because what's better than a 7 foot giant scoring 100 points? Doin it infront of 40,000 people at MSG.

That's how little attention was payed to this game that Pollack believed he could get away with LYING about where the game took place. The actually game took place in Pennsylvania at the Hershey sports arena..not MSG.

Also, we are led to believe that in this game Wilt shot an astounding 28-32 from the line that night..

Wilt Chamberlain, a career 51% FT shooter supposedly had a game where he made 28 out of 32 free throws and there's no video to prove it..

Many years later when asked how this was possible Wilt said he attributed his amazing free throw shooting to shooting underhand free throws against the Knicks and that

How convenient, a 51% free throw shooter gets turned into Ray Allen from the line for one night with no video evidence and while using a form that according to Wilts teaamate Al Attles

If Dwight Howard told you that he went 28-32 from the line in a game last night..but there was no video would you believe him? Prolly not. Especially If he claimed it was due to a new shooting form he was using that he will now never use again..

The game itself wasnt officially recognized and celebrated by the league until 1987..

The man who was burdened as being the "guy who wilt scored his 100 point on" Darrall Imhoff only played 20 minutes that game and wasn't even on the court when the 100th point was supposedly scored.

The game ball which Wilt supposedly scored his 100th point with was auctioned off for a huge sum of money was later suspended due to the question over the authenticity of the ball. The seller had claimed Chamberline handed him the ball after the game. However, Wilts teaamate contends that Wilt have him the ball..yet that ball has yet to be seen and verified...

Could the 100 point game have been nothing more than a marketing device to get more eyes on the NBA?

I know, I'm pretty sure the universe started 50 years ago

If a guy can score 81 points in a era averaging 90 possessions per game then im sure a guy could score 19 points more in a era averaging 50% more possessions per game... especially if that guy is Wilt, who averaged 48 mpg and 41 FG Attempts per game...

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    If a guy can score 81 points in a era averaging 90 possessions per game then im sure a guy could score 19 points more in a era averaging 50% more possessions per game... especially if that guy is Wilt, who averaged 48 mpg and 41 FG Attempts per game...
    False. Never did they ever average '50%' more possessions per game. Anytime you talk about possessions per game it has been proven time and again you straight up lie, and cannot cite any of the numbers to a reliable source. At what point are you going to acknowledge your mistakes (or should I call them lies?) Pauk?
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 11-03-2013 at 04:05 AM.

National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

The thing that sounds odd is the free throw shooting numbers and that he shot different for just one game ? why on earth would you go away from something that clearly worked?

maybe he had like 80-85 and the score keeper ... altered the three throw numbers to make it 100

Quote Originally Posted by sick_brah07
    The thing that sounds odd is the free throw shooting numbers and that he shot different for just one game ? why on earth would you go away from something that clearly worked?

maybe he had like 80-85 and the score keeper ... altered the three throw numbers to make it 100
    And then paid off all the spectators, coaches, teammates and opponents to lie about it too? Yeah that's much more likely than him actually just having a hot night

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    False. Never did they didn't average '50%' more possessions per game. Anytime you talk about possessions per game it has been proven time and again you straight up lie, and cannot cite any of the numbers to a reliable source. At what point are you going to acknowledge your mistakes (or should I call them lies?) Pauk?
    He has Psileas, you, and myself on his ignore list I think, so he skips over our posts every time we correct him.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    He has Psileas, you, and myself on his ignore list I think, so he skips over our posts every time we correct him.
    No we aren't on his ignore list, as he posts in threads I make or anyone else makes as long as it is something he's interested in - he just makes a conscious effort to ignore posts that call him out on things. He sees everything we post.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    No we aren't on his ignore list, as he posts in threads I make or anyone else makes as long as it is something he's interested in - he just makes a conscious effort to ignore posts that call him out on things. He sees everything we post.
    lol so what's the point then? Is he just hoping someone who doesn't know better reads his post but doesn't look at ours, and is falsely led to believe they were averaging 140+ possessions a night in the 60s? Pretty despicable if that's his goal and he's not just trolling.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

This is a dumb conspiracy. If it never happened, then you would have had players and other people there claiming that it never happened, that it was planned. Out of the 4,000 people who saw it, reporters there, you would have heard somebody come forward saying that he never did score that much. (The only way that such a conspiracy would work if it was backed by the US government, with them having the authority of silencing people. And even then some people would still let others know.)

Edit: I'm listening to the CavaliersFTW audio of the game. Are the play by play guys also in on the conspiracy? If so, they mention that they're in Hershey Pennsylvanian, did they forget to tell them that they should have said Madison Square Garden? I mean, if they're in on the conspiracy of making mainstream America think that Wilt Scored 100 points in Madison Square Garden then surely they must have told them to say they're in Madison Square Garden.
    Last edited by jstern; 11-03-2013 at 06:32 AM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

You're right we don't have any footage of the revilutinary war, but we do have

The treaty of Paris
    The tea act
    The French alliance
    The US constitution

And a heap load of other evidence

Great example
    If we can ignore the official score-keepers why can't we ignore treaties? It's all just pieces of paper that someone wrote on, and that's not good enough evidence for smart trolls like us.

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

Next level trolling on display here.