Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Can Lebron be score champ this season?

nba 2k14 has lebron avging 30ppg on 59% FG this season for his path to greatness.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

No chance.

I see Durant averaging around 35 points per game this year.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

With the NBA's policy on giving you a flagrant 2 for merely looking at Durant no one will beat him in scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    With the NBA's policy on giving you a flagrant 2 for merely looking at Durant no one will beat him in scoring.
    I laughed.

He doesn't give a shit about that.

Nope, and not because he doesn't want to. Just because he's a stat sheet fg% conscious player. What does this mean? It means if he's 8-17 shooting with 3min left in the game he's going to drive for a dunk/layup/or ft. If he gets the dunk or layup, he knows he is now shooting 9-18fg which would be 50%. Once that takes place with less than 2-3 minutes left, he won't shoot anymore...he'll just dribble dribble til shotclock is low and then pass it or turn it over. But he won't shoot....Ends the game with 25-27pts 8inflated assist and 7reb (cause he 6-9 260lbs) while shooting 50%, and all his fans will be like "Heat lost, but not because LeBron! 50% doe, dat fg% son".

Also he won't be scoring champ because his offensive game still has holes and Durant is in this same league, Melo too.

Watch my boy Steph Curry too.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Who's going to stop him when they can't hand check and can't draw a charge ever and have the baby bumper line around the basket?

James could go 40 ppg on the season if he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Nope, and not because he doesn't want to. Just because he's a stat sheet fg% conscious player. What does this mean? It means if he's 8-17 shooting with 3min left in the game he's going to drive for a dunk/layup/or ft. If he gets the dunk or layup, he knows he is now shooting 9-18fg which would be 50%. Once that takes place with less than 2-3 minutes left, he won't shoot anymore...he'll just dribble dribble til shotclock is low and then pass it or turn it over. But he won't shoot....Ends the game with 25-27pts 8inflated assist and 7reb (cause he 6-9 260lbs) while shooting 50%, and all his fans will be like "Heat lost, but not because LeBron! 50% doe, dat fg% son".

Also he won't be scoring champ because his offensive game still has holes and Durant is in this same league, Melo too.

Watch my boy Steph Curry too.

this is so accuarate

Depends how long Westbrook is out. If he misses substantial time, I think KD is a lock, since he's going to be gunning for 35-40 a night as long as he's on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    I see Durant averaging around 35 points per game this year.
    20 of those points coming off Free Throw Attempts.

Pathetic how Durant's PPG get padded with absurd volume foul calls. And it isn't strictly because he's always attacking. They ref him softer because of that meek, small shoulder, string bean arm, feminine frame of his.

He has the most pedestrian, and un-impressive scoring games because of this IMO. I'd much rather watch Steph Curry score in bunches off jumpers, or 80 year old Kobe go off than watch Durant's free throw-centric high scoring games.

LeBron hasn't been an aggressive scorer since 2010 in Cleveland. It's not his natural game. That's why he wanted to join forces with Wade, and Bosh. How has this not sunk in for you guys yet? He expressed in 2010 his disinterest in being relied upon to score in volume for his team. Too much pressure.

Bron gets the vast majority of his points on his picking his spots and getting easy buckets within a very talented team, or off defensive pressure. He really is like Pippen in those regards. A super version of him, but similar. He's more content with pushing double digit assists, rebounding, and being a great team defender.

He gets massive help in regards to scoring from some very talented players: Wade, Bosh, Allen, and even Cole or Chalmers.

He's in Miami because he doesn't want to score. He has the abilities to average more, I believe. Given he isn't super quick anymore off the dribble, his efficiency would really suffer.

@ Samurai Swish complaining about Durants Freethrow attempts. Which is some ironic shit I tell ya:

Jordan FTA pg in his career with Bulls: 8.7fta
    Durant FTA pg in his career with Thunder: 8.1fta

Highest FT attempts per game for each in a single seasons?:

Jordan 12fta pg in 86' and followed that up with 10.5fta in 87'.

Durant's highest FTA per game? 10.2fta in 09'.

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    @ Samurai Swish complaining about Durants Freethrow attempts. Which is some ironic shit I tell ya:
    You'd have to be a complete moron to not understand the difference within context.

MJ attacked the basket with much more regularity off the dribble than Durant ever has. KD gets these soft ass foul calls on triple threats where he swings his arms through a defender. This soft ass perimeter ruled league is embarrassing.

KD is a catch and shoot player averaging 8 to 10 FTA per game. That's beyond ridiculous. MJ off the dribble from '85 - '93 was one of the most lethal the game has ever seen. Probably the best first step ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

Pathetic how Durant's PPG get padded with absurd volume foul calls. And it isn't strictly because he's always attacking. They ref him softer because of that meek, small shoulder, string bean arm, feminine frame of his.

He has the most pedestrian, and un-impressive scoring games because of this IMO. I'd much rather watch Steph Curry score in bunches off jumpers, or 80 year old Kobe go off than watch Durant's free throw-centric high scoring games.

LeBron hasn't been an aggressive scorer since 2010 in Cleveland. It's not his natural game. That's why he wanted to join forces with Wade, and Bosh. How has this not sunk in for you guys yet? He expressed in 2010 his disinterest in being relied upon to score in volume for his team. Too much pressure.

Bron gets the vast majority of his points on his picking his spots and getting easy buckets within a very talented team, or off defensive pressure. He really is like Pippen in those regards. A super version of him, but similar. He's more content with pushing double digit assists, rebounding, and being a great team defender.

He gets massive help in regards to scoring from some very talented players: Wade, Bosh, Allen, and even Cole or Chalmers.

He's in Miami because he doesn't want to score. He has the abilities to average more, I believe. Given he isn't super quick anymore off the dribble, his efficiency would really suffer.
    Who is disagreeing with you? Certainly not I.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

I do agree with you about Durant's free throw attempts. He's an unbelievable talent who definitely gets the most superstar treatment. His 'rip' move pisses me off to no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    Who is disagreeing with you? Certainly not I.
    Not saying you. But clearly brainsnotski disagrees with me ... He must not have watched MJ or KD to be making such absurd statements. I'm not saying KD is a bad player by any means. What I am saying is his PPG numbers get insanely padded by the weak preferential treatment he gets from officials. His high scoring games are so boring. FTA after FTA. Super impressive visually.