Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    College superstar

Default Re: Can Lebron be score champ this season?

Let's see...He's already won a scoring title at age 23, and finished 2nd three consecutive seasons after that. He's only 28 now and in his prime. Obviously this is not a question of ability

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    You'd have to be a complete moron to not understand the difference within context.

MJ attacked the basket with much more regularity off the dribble than Durant ever has. KD gets these soft ass foul calls on triple threats where he swings his arms through a defender. This soft ass perimeter ruled league is embarrassing.

KD is a catch and shoot player averaging 8 to 10 FTA per game. That's beyond ridiculous. MJ off the dribble from '85 - '93 was one of the most lethal the game has ever seen. Probably the best first step ever.
    Meh, context. Even after the age 31 wen MJ was attacking less because he had a sick ass Jumper, he was still at the 8+ fta pg range. Ya boy averaged 8.8fta pg at the age of 34. U gonna tell me a lie how he still was relentless attacking non stop or are u just gonna realize every superstar gets those "superstar" calls?

Durant at 23yrs old only avg 7.6fta pg in 11'. Compared to 34yr old MJ jump shooter 23 still hanging up 8.8fta pg averages...U gonna act like Durant didn't drive to the lane more than a 34yr old Jordan? I call BS.

Plus the point still stands as the facts I posted. No matter how they get to the line, u still watchin them both shoot over 8 fts a game. So how u callin somebody's numbers inflated due to FT's wen ur main man averages more?

You'd have to be a complete moron to not understand the difference within context.

MJ attacked the basket with much more regularity off the dribble than Durant ever has. KD gets these soft ass foul calls on triple threats where he swings his arms through a defender. This soft ass perimeter ruled league is embarrassing.

KD is a catch and shoot player averaging 8 to 10 FTA per game. That's beyond ridiculous. MJ off the dribble from '85 - '93 was one of the most lethal the game has ever seen. Probably the best first step ever.
    Iverson, Wade, Wall say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice
    LeBron dictates how much he scores. he's the de facto scoring champ regardless.
    The paper doesn't say it. It doesn't matter if he can if he doesn't the the facts tells he can't.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Iverson, Wade, Wall say hi.
    Yea, they are all in the same league. MJ was better off the triple threat than all of those guys. Those guys are comparable or better off the dribble. But then you combine MJ's superior size, length, then he kind of gets the nod.

National High School Star

ZERO CHANCE

even if bosh, wade, and chalmers were out for the entire year, lebron still wouldnt lead the league in scoring. .. hes too slow, jumper isnt reliable, and he just doesnt have the fortitude at this stage in his career to lead the league in scoring..

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Not saying you. But clearly brainsnotski disagrees with me ... He must not have watched MJ or KD to be making such absurd statements. I'm not saying KD is a bad player by any means. What I am saying is his PPG numbers get insanely padded by the weak preferential treatment he gets from officials. His high scoring games are so boring. FTA after FTA. Super impressive visually.

I agree with you man. I also am not one of those who thinks LeBron is better than Jordan either or thinks he will be. Just so you know