Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Melo proved tonight he is a stupid basketball player

How can this man be this stupid?

you have 5 seconds left in the game and down by 1 point and this fool decides to take a long a$$ jumpshot rather than drive to the basket to either get a better shot or get fouled and win the game from the line. He has to know that taking a long stupid a$$ jump shot with 5 seconds left was a stupid decision. So I can call him a superstar tonight, more of a 'STUPIDSTAR"

Default Re: Melo proved tonight he is a stupid basketball player

Melo proved this back in 03

Couldn't agree more and I root for the guy.

It's like he waited 2-3 seconds. Why not shoot and give your teammatesa chance to get the rebound, missed like his last 10 shots doing stupid iso plays down the stretch. And woodson will support that play because he loved iso Joe in Atlanta.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76
    How can this man be this stupid?

you have 5 seconds left in the game and down by 1 point and this fool decides to take a long a$$ jumpshot rather than drive to the basket to either get a better shot or get fouled and win the game from the line. He has to know that taking a long stupid a$$ jump shot with 5 seconds left was a stupid decision. So I can call him a superstar tonight, more of a 'STUPIDSTAR"
    I think it was all a mentality type of thing. Melo has made those jumpshots before.. I think it was last season he had a game where he hit like 3 of those same shots in the same game against my Bulls (clutch long jumper).

I don't knock him to be honest, It's just the shot hes comfortable taking.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99

It's like he waited 2-3 seconds. Why not shoot and give your teammatesa chance to get the rebound, missed like his last 10 shots doing stupid iso plays down the stretch. And woodson will support that play because he loved iso Joe in Atlanta.
    Woodson doesn't just support it he forces it.

Can't argue with the original post- but his self awareness is even more proof that Woodson is the big problem. Put that many non shooters on the floor and come up w the idea of Carmelo at the top of the key- was there any other choice. Oh yeah you think when he drives into 3 guys he will get a fouls call?

Knicks need a coach because Carmelo needs put in different positions than the typical wing player

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99

Lazy offense is what I call it

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos

Can't argue with the original post- but his self awareness is even more proof that Woodson is the big problem. Put that many non shooters on the floor and come up w the idea of Carmelo at the top of the key- was there any other choice. Oh yeah you think when he drives into 3 guys he will get a fouls call?

Knicks need a coach because Carmelo needs put in different positions than the typical wing player

Not necessarily driving into 3 players but getting closer to the basketball to set up another teammate for a open shot

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

I laughed.

Serious playground baller strike first's Avatar

He never proved he was smart to begin with

All he did tonight was confirm he was stupid

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76
    Lazy offense is what I call it

Exactly, don't have the IQ to make a better play for the team, just throw up a shot and hope it goes in and be the hero that way.

When he took that shot first thing I thought was, "Even if it goes in, it's a horrible shot."

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    When he took that shot first thing I thought was, "Even if it goes in, it's a horrible shot."
    http://youtu.be/n-Vto-gZQIk

And he made another one right before that, same spot.

evrytime this happens or whenever woody comes up with a "woody can't stop making me cringe" plays, i always wanted to scream I'M DONE WITH THE KNICKS, I'M THRU WITH IT , I CAN'T TAKE IT NO MORE !!!
    but when the knicks pull a win againts crappy teams like milwaukee the next game, it gives me hope.

WHY NY, WHYYYYYYYYYY I'M NOT EVEN NEW YORKER

Yeah, should've driven into a double team and flick in a retarded one handed high arc shot over a seven footer.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos

It's how Melo wants to play, Woodson caters because he doesn't want to lose his job like the last coach.

D'Antoni tried getting Melo to convert his game so it would fit a moving ball screening offense. Melo broke the plays to go 1on1 and D'Antoni quit his job.