Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Why the D'Antoni Hire just might be Genius

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    The guy makes chicken salad out of chicken shit.

He takes other people`s waste and turns it into treasure.

He made Amare into a top ten player
    He got Nash multiple MVPs
    He made Joe Johnson one of the most sought after wing man
    He made Raja Bell an elite wing player
    He made Leandro Barbosa into a legit threat
    He made Boris Diaw into a stat filling machine
    He made Shawn Marion an all star
    He made Jeremy Lin a world beater
    He made Raymond Felton less fat

He is the perfect guy for this Laker squad, and helping to put these lost soul players in the position to succeed.

Johnson
    Henry
    Farmar

will all have career years.
    This thread is more dumb than the Boozer mvp thread. At leat that one was a joke thread.

fluke win first game of season >>>>>>>> Biggest failed season in the history of the NBA

It was the bench guys that gave LA the win, any normal intelligent person would reason D'Antoni is dumb for having the best players in the bench, yet somehow he is called a genius.

D'Antoni publicly said he doesn't develop players, he doesn't want to make better players for other coaches, excuses, he is too incompetent to develop players, but somehow, the great players that were given to him were product of his "player development" skills.

There's some weird homo attraction to D'Antoni going on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    no team has ever won a championship without at least a top 8 NBA defense.

Very good NBA starter

D'Antoni was a horrible hire for a championship team, but he's a good hire to develop talent. This team reminds me exactly of the 2010 Knicks team before Melo came on board. He had them in the playoff hunt with a core of Amare, Gallo, Chandler and Felton. Gasol is 100% a better anchor than Amare and the rest of the team is deeper. Lakers will have 3 or 4 guys that can go off any given time

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    This thread is more dumb than the Boozer mvp thread. At leat that one was a joke thread.

fluke win first game of season >>>>>>>> Biggest failed season in the history of the NBA

It was the bench guys that gave LA the win, any normal intelligent person would reason D'Antoni is dumb for having the best players in the bench, yet somehow he is called a genius.

D'Antoni publicly said he doesn't develop players, he doesn't want to make better players for other coaches, excuses, he is too incompetent to develop players, but somehow, the great players that were given to him were product of his "player development" skills.

There's some weird homo attraction to D'Antoni going on this forum.
    please point out to me where I was factual wrong. If you can't you are free to go f*ck yourself.

Xavier Henry, Wesley Johnson, Jordan Farmar, were on no one's radar, because frankly they weren't that good (well Farmar had moments), but as he so often does, D'Antoni puts people in position to do as well as they can.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    One game erases the complete failure to utilize Howard and Gasol properly and taking one of the most talented teams in the league to the 8th seed?

No, it was not genius.
    This

National High School Star

please point out to me where I was factual wrong. If you can't you are free to go f*ck yourself.

Xavier Henry, Wesley Johnson, Jordan Farmar, were on no one's radar, because frankly they weren't that good (well Farmar had moments), but as he so often does, D'Antoni puts people in position to do as well as they can.
    I think the thing here is that this is one game, maybe 30 games in we'll see why there's a reason none of those guys were on anybody's radar. I mean, if you're on a sh*tty team someone's going to be in a position to do well. We'll see how they pan out.

Dunking on everybody in the park alexd's Avatar

The guy makes chicken salad out of chicken shit.

He takes other people`s waste and turns it into treasure.

He made Amare into a top ten player
    He got Nash multiple MVPs
    He made Joe Johnson one of the most sought after wing man
    He made Raja Bell an elite wing player
    He made Leandro Barbosa into a legit threat
    He made Boris Diaw into a stat filling machine
    He made Shawn Marion an all star
    He made Jeremy Lin a world beater

He is the perfect guy for this Laker squad, and helping to put these lost soul players in the position to succeed.

Johnson
    Henry
    Farmar

will all have career years.
    He doesn t do anything.He has a playstyle that doesn t care about defense and cares only about offense.Players like Amare,Nash etc ofc they look better cause they don t tire themselves playing any defense and just fill up stats and highlights in a run and gun system.We saw last year that he can t coach when you have to slow down the pace.Its like a pickup game at the park.Look at the mixtapes in youtube.Everyone looks like a stud at highlights

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    no team has ever won a championship without at least a top 8 NBA defense.
    01 Lakers had the 21st ranked defense

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Only 3 active coaches have
    thats not true. 4 (Pop, Carlisle, doc and spo)

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    01 Lakers had the 21st ranked defense
    01 Lakers were an anomaly. In 00 they had the best defense, but in 01 Shaq/Kobe missed 20+ games total, Isiah Rider messed up the chemistry, plus the entire team coasted heavily (especially Shaq). So it's not like they were worse for one year, considering they throttled teams defensively in the playoffs.

They gave Fish some of Harper's minutes, but upgraded at SF from Rice to Fox and PF from Green to Horace Grant. In the playoffs they were the best defense at I think -6.6. Point is the Lakers slacked off during the regular season.

None of the Showtime Lakers title teams were in the top 8, though. Most were in the top half (out of 23) but not top 8. Impressive that the coaching staff was able to lead a decent defense with only a few + defenders (Worthy and Scott were solid/above average, Cooper and Thompson were two of the league's best) but with huge liabilities such as late 80s Kareem and Magic.

edit: saw your next post, my mistake then!
    Last edited by Thorn; 10-30-2013 at 03:51 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn
    01 Lakers were an anomaly. In 00 they had the best defense, but in 01 Shaq/Kobe missed 20+ games total, Isiah Rider messed up the chemistry, plus the entire team coasted heavily (especially Shaq). So it's not like they were worse for one year, considering they throttled teams defensively in the playoffs.

They gave Fish some of Harper's minutes, but upgraded at SF from Rice to Fox and PF from Green to Horace Grant. In the playoffs they were the best defense at I think -6.6. Point is the Lakers slacked off during the regular season.
    I was just pointing out that what he said was simply false.

Good High School Starter AussieG's Avatar

He's good at a style that's fun to watch.. and can win some games.. but not championships or grinding sort of games.

Yes yes you are right, fluke win first game of the season trumps the biggest failed season in NBA history.

Yes yes scrubs producing more than before when having more playing time than before, it's unheard of. I just remembered Lavor Postell for some reason.

retard Oldschoolball made a thread similar to this one. That's how retarded this thread is, but yeah you are no factual wrong

Under no circumstances was the MDA hire good on any levels.

What? Exciting play? Wow-wee! Watching teams explode for 125 on you isn't exciting ball.

This will happen ALL season long too.