Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Default Re: Why are Clippers and their fans jealours of Lakers and their fans...

Why wouldn't they cover up all the banners and retired jerseys? They share the arena and I'm sure the players look at the long history of division, conference, and league titles, along with all the retired jerseys and it probably bothers the shit out of them to see that on their home court.

Default Re: Why are Clippers and their fans jealours of Lakers and their fans...

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Didn't they both lose in the first round last season
    when did teams that lost in the same round meant they were equal???
    Clippers were better than the Lakers last season, have been better for awhile, and will continue to be better for the foreseeable future. With that being said it might not mean much but Laker fans look insecure when they can't admit that the Clippers are better at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    when did teams that lost in the same round meant they were equal???
    Clippers were better than the Lakers last season, have been better for awhile, and will continue to be better for the foreseeable future. With that being said it might not mean much but Laker fans look insecure when they can't admit that the Clippers are better at the moment.

I would say they have better potential right now, as demonstrated last season they didn't achieve much with it..
    I'm not scared or jealous of the clippers, couldn't really give a shit to be honest. It's mainly the standard laker haters talking shit on here..

I would say they have better potential right now, as demonstrated last season they didn't achieve much with it..
    I'm not scared or jealous of the clippers, couldn't really give a shit to be honest. It's mainly the standard laker haters talking shit on here..
    Thread was made by a Laker fan not a hater

Clippers are better and have been better, yea they haven't done much with it but ignoring that they were better is insecure

BTW i'm a Celtics fan and we went out in the same round as LAC but we were a terrible team last season similar caliber to the Lakers. Low seeded team that was out classed in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    Thread was made by a Laker fan not a hater

Clippers are better and have been better, yea they haven't done much with it but ignoring that they were better is insecure

BTW i'm a Celtics fan and we went out in the same round as LAC but we were a terrible team last season similar caliber to the Lakers. Low seeded team that was out classed in the playoffs.
    Debatable if he's a laker fan

Personally I just want to see the lakers rebuild quickly, don't care about the clippers. If they're uncomfortable with all the lakers' previous success and don't want to live in there shadows then find another arena..

Debatable if he's a laker fan

Personally I just want to see the lakers rebuild quickly, don't care about the clippers. If they're uncomfortable with all the lakers' previous success and don't want to live in there shadows then find another arena..
    Agree but it is not surprising that they would want to cover up banners. The Jets/Giants share a building and have been covering up the other team's posters since they moved into MetLife. No reason why Lakers banners should be displayed during a Clipper game.

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Lakers and Clippers both made the playoffs last year.

There wasn't a time they were better than the Lakers.
    2006 bro, look it up.
    Lakers choked a 3-1 lead in playoffs and lost to suns.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b0bab0i
    2006 bro, look it up.
    Lakers choked a 3-1 lead in playoffs and lost to suns.
    I agree but your statement has nothing to do with what's going on.

Banned

What's next? Covering up statues up front?

from a business perspective the clippers should have done this ages ago.

There is no reason to advertise another team (especially a competitor) during your home games.

If you owned carl's jr franchise, you wouldn't have posters advertising mcdonald's in your store.

Quote Originally Posted by just_NONchalant

If you owned carl's jr franchise, you wouldn't have posters advertising mcdonald's in your store.
    Unless you know more people go in McDonald's restaurants, of course.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by just_NONchalant
    from a business perspective the clippers should have done this ages ago.

There is no reason to advertise another team (especially a competitor) during your home games.

Well in this case, the Carls JR business is in a McDonalds' building. They can leave but won't.

Well in this case, the Carls JR business is in a McDonalds' building. They can leave but won't.
    Even if the carl's jr business is in a mcdonald's building, doesnt mean the carls jr have to advertise for mcdonald in their resturant. As long as rent is paid, they can use the area however they want. However the situation you mentioned is wrong.

The situation is more like both Carls JR and Mcdonald pay rent in the same plaza. You can say that the landlord of the plaza has a minority stake in the Mcdonald, but that still doesn't mean Mcdonald controls the plaza.
    Last edited by just_NONchalant; 10-20-2013 at 02:44 AM.

No, in this case, they would both be in a Burger King building.

More stupid statements by one of the worst posters on the cyber world.

Banned

Let's face it....Kobe and the Lakers built Staples. Do you really think that place was put up for those other teams?

Not only are Clipper fans jelly but they are thirsty by being salty from their tears.