Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Ric Bucher of ESPN say's he'd take Derrick Rose over LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    The "Jordan is an asshole" narrative is really getting out of hand.
    Agreed. And it all stems from a few places:

Chamillionaire's story about MJ being drunk in a club and him not wanting to take a pic with him. On a personal level, I wouldn't either if I was sober or waisted.

Punching Steve Kerr for physically challenging him in practice. MJ later apologized to him, and was basically testing Steve's mettle, which from there forward he always had his respect.

MJ's HOF speech, a glimpse inside of his competitive psyche? Using perceived slights to gain a competitive advantage? That's why he was always pushing himself and always getting better. Always trying to reach for the impossible, never afraid of failure. Always hell bent on proving doubters wrong.

Like he said, limits ... like fear, are often just an illusion. This creed is why he succeeded. He was ruthless on the court, yes. How does that make him an asshole in life? He's an asshole because he damned respect and performance out of his soldiers, as the team leader? God people are so soft now. Mentally weak and fragile. I'd love to play for Jordan.

I guess being the mentally toughest person the game has ever seen makes one an asshole?

He raised good kids, and everyone I've ever known in Chicago has had nothing but great things to say when meeting him.

Conversely, Scottie Pippen the "likable teammate" or good cop to Jordan's authoritative and demanding "bad cop" has by far the most rep around Chicago for being a total douche and asshole. Not signing autographs for kids, never tipping. I could give you plenty of stories. He didn't get the name "No Tippin Pippen" for a reason around here.

Scottie went broke btw for ridiculously stupid investments, and due to his insecurity always signing quickly dated and stupid contracts with the Bulls in his tenure here. He's dumb and a prick.

The "Jordan Rules" stuff was done by a beat reporter who for a time disliked Jordan, and at the height of his popularity in the early 90s wanted to make a best selling book that would attempt to shoot down the popular narrative of who Michael was, and become a best selling book in the process.

Sam Smith's source? A fellow teammate who resented Mike's success, Horace Grant. All those comments in there weren't necessarily delivered in a mean way. They often were spiteful jokes, but born out of a place for trying to prod teammates to improve.

Like the hilarious Stacey King "is there a jumper in that box" joke. It's tongue in cheek, but meant to light a fire under people. Of course soft people wouldn't understand this.

Go ahead Ric.... see how well that works out for you...

Ric Bucher is, and always has been, an ignorant tool.

Stories that I have heard make it seem like Jordan is a huge dick. But these are just a select few tales that I've heard from a small, few sources

Take it as you wish

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I definitely prefer Rose's humbleness, loyalty, internal, and competitive make up. LeBron's the better talent, quite obviously, but he's a mental midget or coward internally by comparison. LeBron is an un-likable person.
    Humble and derrick rose.Few weeks back,you were defending him.As you might remember he said he is the best player.

Humble!!!!!!!!!!!1

What humble!!!!!!!!

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Chamillionaire's story about MJ being drunk in a club and him not wanting to take a pic with him. On a personal level, I wouldn't either if I was sober or waisted.

Punching Steve Kerr for physically challenging him in practice. MJ later apologized to him, and was basically testing Steve's mettle, which from there forward he always had his respect.

MJ's HOF speech, a glimpse inside of his competitive psyche? Using perceived slights to gain a competitive advantage? That's why he was always pushing himself and always getting better. Always trying to reach for the impossible, never afraid of failure. Always hell bent on proving doubters wrong.

Like he said, limits ... like fear, are often just an illusion. This creed is why he succeeded. He was ruthless on the court, yes. How does that make him an asshole in life? He's an asshole because he damned respect and performance out of his soldiers, as the team leader? God people are so soft now. Mentally weak and fragile. I'd love to play for Jordan.

I guess being the mentally toughest person the game has ever seen makes one an asshole?

He raised good kids, and everyone I've ever known in Chicago has had nothing but great things to say when meeting him.

Conversely, Scottie Pippen the "likable teammate" or good cop to Jordan's authoritative and demanding "bad cop" has by far the most rep around Chicago for being a total douche and asshole. Not signing autographs for kids, never tipping. I could give you plenty of stories. He didn't get the name "No Tippin Pippen" for a reason around here.

Scottie went broke btw for ridiculously stupid investments, and due to his insecurity always signing quickly dated and stupid contracts with the Bulls in his tenure here. He's dumb and a prick.

The "Jordan Rules" stuff was done by a beat reporter who for a time disliked Jordan, and at the height of his popularity in the early 90s wanted to make a best selling book that would attempt to shoot down the popular narrative of who Michael was, and become a best selling book in the process.

Sam Smith's source? A fellow teammate who resented Mike's success, Horace Grant. All those comments in there weren't necessarily delivered in a mean way. They often were spiteful jokes, but born out of a place for trying to prod teammates to improve.

Like the hilarious Stacey King "is there a jumper in that box" joke. It's tongue in cheek, but meant to light a fire under people. Of course soft people wouldn't understand this.

Good lord, is that you Pauk?

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture

That guy would actually defend Jordan's d.ick size. Yes, literally.
    Last edited by HoopsFanNumero1; 10-19-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Holy sh*t you are rapidly exposing yourself as the most insecure Jordan homer on ISH, please spare yourself the embarrassment and sign out for a week or two and let your emotions settle

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    The funny part is Rose is the most mentally weak superstar in NBA history. The guy sat on the bench like a little b.itch in the playoffs. S.hit his pants when LeBron guarded him in 2011, and had hand in the biggest choke in NCAA history. Not to mention his penchant for missing foul shots in the clutch. I would rather have Shaq at the line than this clown in the 4th quarter.
    ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK? DOES THE ROCK HAVE TO SEND YOU TO REHAB?

WHATS MORE MENTALLY WEAK? SITTING OUT DUE TO SEVERE KNEE INJURY AS A YOUNG PLAYER TO PROTECT YOUR CAREER? OR QUITTING ON A CITY YOU PROMISED A TITLE TO JUMP ON ANOTHER MANS STACKED BANDWAGON?

In that same twitter q&a that he said he'd pick Rose over Lebron, he called Lebron the best player in the league. Sounds more like sticking to his word and trying not to look like the fool he made himself out to be, when he said he'd pick Rose over Lebron 2 seasons ago..

Ric Bucher ‏@RicBucher 15 Oct
    @LeBron_Army: what is your view on lebron's game? how can he improve? #askRic He's the NBA's best. Handle, post game still could be better.

What's new?
    NBA Legends don't respect Lebron.
    NBA Players don't pick Lebron to take the last shot.
    ESPN Writer's wouldn't even take Lebron 1st.

Nobody respect this guy who takes the easy way out

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    What's new?
    NBA Legends don't respect Lebron.
    NBA Players don't pick Lebron to take the last shot.
    ESPN Writer's wouldn't even take Lebron 1st.

Nobody respect this guy who takes the easy way out
    Bladers

FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    The funny part is Rose is the most mentally weak superstar in NBA history. The guy sat on the bench like a little b.itch in the playoffs. S.hit his pants when LeBron guarded him in 2011, and had hand in the biggest choke in NCAA history. Not to mention his penchant for missing foul shots in the clutch. I would rather have Shaq at the line than this clown in the 4th quarter.
    While I agree Lebron is better, Lebron has a pretty good case at being more mentally weak than Rose.

Rose menatlly weak for sitting out a year after serious injury? That is the best you got Silk?

Look at Rose now, and you think he's mentally weak for sitting out. Clueless clown