Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Default OJ Mayo and Marc Gasol vs Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol

Concidence that the person most compared to Kobe Bryant ( Mayo) is paired up with Kobe's sidekick brother ( Marc Gasol). I think not, it is more like destiny.

Obviously Kobe and Pau are a lot better as of right. They have the hardware to prove it.

The Kobe haters were mad.

However, like Steven A Smith used to say that doesn't mean when it is all said and done that OJ Mayo and Marc Gasol won't go down in history as the better duo especially since they started playing together in the beginning of their careers. Both are 2nd year players Mayo is only 21 years old while Gasol is 23 years old.

Mayo and Marc have formed a nice inside outside to start the season. Mayo just came of his 40 point game. Marc has been playing like an All Star Center.
    over the first 3 games Marc is averaging 20 points 11 rebounds on 73% FG and 84%. Mayo is just doing work. All they have to do is translate it to wins.

when they start winning it is time to start the comparisons.

Default Re: OJ Mayo and Marc Gasol vs Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol

I just think they could do to surround Marc, and Mayo with some different players to make it click a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    I just think they could do to surround Marc, and Mayo with some different players to make it click a bit better.
    Like Gay, AI, and ZBo!

yea good luck with that....
    mayo will never be better than kobe
    and the duo of mayo/gasol will never last, Mayo will leave after he realizes the Memphis franchise is incapable of winning anything

OJ is the Truth...Really like him alot, don't know if he's gonna be as good as Bryant though...And Marc Gasol could be as good as his brother, but only time will tell...But this isn't that as farfetched as some may think it is..

Made that high school varsity squad Batman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    OJ is the Truth...Really like him alot, don't know if he's gonna be as good as Bryant though...And Marc Gasol could be as good as his brother, but only time will tell...But this isn't that as farfetched as some may think it is..
    I don't think Mayo will be as good as Kobe at least not prime Kobe. I do think Mayo will be better than Wade, he seems alot more durable than Wade, and much younger. Marc is a little taller and alot stronger than Marc with similar skills, he has a legit chance in being better than Pau.
    They need to work on their supporting cast, to me Gay seems the odd man out.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman

Yup yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman
    I don't think Mayo will be as good as Kobe at least not prime Kobe. I do think Mayo will be better than Wade, he seems alot more durable than Wade, and much younger. Marc is a little taller and alot stronger than Marc with similar skills, he has a legit chance in being better than Pau.
    Gay is a great player...But yeah, just doesn't fit...I hate when teams draft 2Franchise type Scorers/players who play basically sameway same position.

lilmagicjohnson
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

um did Screamin Steven A actually say Mayo/MG33 could be better than Pau/Kobe???

No wonder that guy is out of work

I'm laughing because Mayo and Marc both may be playing for the Lakers in a few years......Memphis will not be able to afford them nor will they want to stay there

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    I'm laughing because Mayo and Marc both may be playing for the Lakers in a few years......Memphis will not be able to afford them nor will they want to stay there
    yup...the truth hurts Memphis fans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KBryant24
    yup...the truth hurts Memphis fans!!!
    There has been many talks about both Gasol and Mayo wanting to play in major markets particularly the bright lights of LA. Their contracts run through the 2010-2011 seasons. If Heisley doesn't want to pay them, then it is hello LaLaLand. Kobe will be 34 by then.

A Mayo Kobe backcourt

I rule the local playground JG000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    There has been many talks about both Gasol and Mayo wanting to play in major markets particularly the bright lights of LA. Their contracts run through the 2010-2011 seasons. If Heisley doesn't want to pay them, then it is hello LaLaLand. Kobe will be 34 by then.

A Mayo Kobe backcourt
    Mayo will wind up in a big market, I doubt he'll be on the Lakers any time soon though. He probably ends up signing with Houston or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JG000
    Mayo will wind up in a big market, I doubt he'll be on the Lakers any time soon though. He probably ends up signing with Houston or something like that.
    Mayo Gasol duo right now is destroying the Kings. AI is appearing, this team looks to be a playoff contender right now.

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    Mayo Gasol duo right now is destroying the Kings. AI is appearing, this team looks to be a playoff contender right now.
    1 point game lol.