Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Shaq calls Nash's MVPs "tainted"

Quote Originally Posted by DreamRockets
    tired oponnent ? lakers or spurs never looked tired to me.
    I think LA was tired after beating SAC in OT game 7, if they had to actually play a good team in the Finals you never know what could have happened. Suns could have easily stolen game 1 simply by running them out of the gym (which is what they did to dallas last year in game 1)

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

im having problems to make you understand those lakers and spurs teams were much better than any of the contendors of nowadays, but if i have to explain you that much do you really deserve my attention and precious time ?

those people are just idiots, there isnt a single case you can make for shaq being better than yao RIGHT NOW.
    Agreed, not a single case... and believe me, it's not just Rocket fans that agree with that. You're always going to have a few fringe people talking foolishness. Don't let it bother you.

In a sense that Shaquille only won ONE MVP award in the 3 years he absolutely destroyed the NBA, won THREE NBA titles....compare that to Nash who won TWO MVP's and likely his 3rd, while never reaching the finals...and not being CLOSE to as dominant on the court as Shaquille was, then he's right on point.

i was thinking that too, but a lot of other factors come in, the most important one being the competition they faced for the award, nash wouldnt have a single mvp playing against prime shaq and duncan, muich less in the 90's playing against MJ, barkley, malone, shaq, hakeem and drob.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    In a sense that Shaquille only won ONE MVP award in the 3 years he absolutely destroyed the NBA, won THREE NBA titles....compare that to Nash who won TWO MVP's and likely his 3rd, while never reaching the finals...and not being CLOSE to as dominant on the court as Shaquille was, then he's right on point.
    MVP's are not a playoffs or Finals award, they are a regular season award. I think what a lot of you are forgetting is that in 2000-2001, the year the Lakers won their second title, Shaq and Kobe had a very public feud going that made both of them look bad and probably hurt Shaq's public image that year. It wasn't until the end of the year when that the Lakers won their final 8 games in a row to finish the season, and proceeded to go on that incredible 15-1 playoff run. The next year Shaq was banged up and only played 67 games (i could be mistaken, but i believe that was the year he had his toe surgery and really used the regular season to get himself into playoff shape). Nobody was talking about Shaq getting robbed back then, i don't understand why people always bring it up retroactively.

shaq played 74 games in 01, more than mvp iverson, he had the same record in a much better conference, i agree with iverson's mvp but a lot of people were screaming "snubb" back in the day.

MVP's are not a playoffs or Finals award, they are a regular season award. I think what a lot of you are forgetting is that in 2000-2001, the year the Lakers won their second title, Shaq and Kobe had a very public feud going that made both of them look bad and probably hurt Shaq's public image that year.
    What exactly has Nash done during the regular season to deserve those awards? He didn't do NEARLY as much on the court as Shaquille in those years...plus you say playoffs don't matter but then public image does? Uhmm, whatever.

Shaquille was literally FIVE times more valuable then Nash is...put Nash on another team without all that talent, I bet you he won't be considered so important...put a prime Shaquille on ANY other team he takes them to the playoffs...comparing Nash importance to Shaquille is laughable, one is arguably the greatest center to ever live...and another is just fortunate of the situation he's in and lack of good PG's...so everyone is always on his d*ck because the next best guard is a 34 year old Kidd.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    What exactly has Nash done during the regular season to deserve those awards? He didn't do NEARLY as much on the court as Shaquille in those years...plus you say playoffs don't matter but then public image does? Uhmm, whatever.

Shaquille was literally FIVE times more valuable then Nash is...put Nash on another team without all that talent, I bet you he won't be considered so important...put a prime Shaquille on ANY other team he takes them to the playoffs...comparing Nash importance to Shaquille is laughable, one is arguably the greatest center to ever live...and another is just fortunate of the situation he's in and lack of good PG's...so everyone is always on his d*ck because the next best guard is a 34 year old Kidd.
    don't get me wrong, i don't think Nash deserves 2 mvps, at least not the 2nd one, but what is the point of comparing him to 2000-2003 Shaq? He wasn't competing with him for MVPs.

shaq played 74 games in 01, more than mvp iverson, he had the same record in a much better conference, i agree with iverson's mvp but a lot of people were screaming "snubb" back in the day.
    Shaq had Kobe, who did AI have? Jerry Stackhouse??

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    Last year though, Nash was not the MVP. He got rewarded because he had to come back to earth and play with rosters similiar to what Duncan and Dirk have. Phoenix has two franchise players, Nash and Amare, and for a season he was without Amare. But he had Shawn Marion, a more bonafide all star than Tony Parker or Josh Howard. He had Boris Diaw, who certainly played at the same level as Manu Ginobili and Jason Terry.
    I thought Nash beat out Nowitzki because he outplayed him in the 2004 playoffs, but who knows.

You must have the Suns as odds-on favorites this year, right?

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    Shaq had Kobe, who did AI have? Jerry Stackhouse??
    Dikembe Mutombo.

don't get me wrong, i don't think Nash deserves 2 mvps, at least not the 2nd one, but what is the point of comparing him to 2000-2003 Shaq? He wasn't competing with him for MVPs.
    First off, I think Nash deserved one of his MVP's...he's a great player and has a good image, but winning 2 or 3 straight MVP's is crazy for his caliber. He's not as good as some people give him credit for, it just so happens there are no great PGs today....Brevin Knight with a crappy team posted 9 assists a game 2 years ago...Nash has so many shooters, it's not as hard as it seems to average 11 assists and 18 points a game. But whatever, I spend too much time on this coversation.

I know Shaquille didn't compete with Nash...but the fact that Shaquille was SO MUCH more above his competition then Nash is...Shaquille was the BEST player in the game, Nash isn't even top 5 to me...it's kind of crazy to think one player couldn't win his 2nd MVP to someone who might win his 3rd straight...I'm starting to think if you have a clean image in this league, it'll take your further then actually having the talent.

shaq played in the west, who did iverson played against every night ? the bucks, pacers ? cmon now, the east being so pitiful already warranted an extra 10 wins over being in the west back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by ExpatSunsFan
    Dikembe Mutombo.
    the same Mutumbo who got absolutely dominated by Shaq in the finals?