Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Shaq calls Nash's MVPs "tainted"

Shaq is a closet racist.
    A few years ago in an interview he said there's nothing worse than when a white player dunks on you or has a big game vs you.
    Allen Iverson winning MVP is the most dubious thing in NBA history but you didn't hear Iverson say a thing.
    And if the Suns were in the East they likely could have won a ring by now

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

iverson's mvp wasn't bogus, the guy lead a piss poor pathetic team to a 56-26 record and the nba finals, throughout the playoffs he scored 50 pts twice and over 40pt 6 or 7 times, when nash makes the finals only then you can maybe put him above AI.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonterry
    naw, they would lose to the west champions like every other east champion did, what teams would they beat ? the mavs ? the spurs ?? the lakers ?!? please.
    Last edited by DreamRockets; 02-24-2007 at 02:33 PM.

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

Only Snaq would make an unprofessional comment like this. And of course if I criticize it, as always, people will simply pass it off as "oh that's just Snaq being Snaq, that's how he's always been, speaking his mind, you gotta love the big oaf!" And it's that kind of mentality that sickens, that kind of double standard he's held to because no one dares criticize him, afterall he's a "free spirited guy who speaks his mind."

Yeah give me a f ckin break, had anyone else said it they would be bashed by the media, but it's Snaq so of course we pass it off as the "big fella just being funny."

Shaq is a closet racist.
    A few years ago in an interview he said there's nothing worse than when a white player dunks on you or has a big game vs you.
    Allen Iverson winning MVP is the most dubious thing in NBA history but you didn't hear Iverson say a thing.
    Larry Bird also took offense to any white guy thinking they could take him on the court. I am sure Loki or Blaze could find the exact quote, but it is there.

Is Larry Bird racist too?

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake
    Only Snaq would make an unprofessional comment like this. And of course if I criticize it, as always, people will simply pass it off as "oh that's just Snaq being Snaq, that's how he's always been, speaking his mind, you gotta love the big oaf!" And it's that kind of mentality that sickens, that kind of double standard he's held to because no one dares criticize him, afterall he's a "free spirited guy who speaks his mind."

Yeah give me a f ckin break, had anyone else said it they would be bashed by the media, but it's Snaq so of course we pass it off as the "big fella just being funny."
    of course people pass it off, he is shaq, he can do and say whatever he wants, shaq+swingman= championship or at least finals appearences, no one else except tim duncan has the same credentials in the league.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DreamRockets
    of course people pass it off, he is shaq, he can do and say whatever he wants, shaq+swingman= championship or at least finals appearences, no one else except tim duncan has the same credentials in the league.
    Shaq+decent swingman+ horrible NBA officiating, you mean.

Banned

iverson's mvp wasn't bogus, the guy lead a piss poor pathetic team to a 56-26 record and the nba finals, throughout the playoffs he scored 50 pts twice and over 40pt 6 or 7 times, when nash makes the finals only then you can maybe put him above AI.

naw, they would lose to the west champions like every other east champion did, what teams would they beat ? the mavs ? the spurs ?? the lakers ?!? please.
    Iverson led a team of top level defenders perfectly built around him to the Finals in one of the worst conferences ever..big deal

The Suns would only have needed to beat one good team (ie the West) just like Miami had to do, while all the West teams beat each other to a pulp just to reach the Finals. I'd say the Suns would have a good chance coming out the East vs any West team, given those circumstances

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
    what a surprise... a mavs fan crying about officiating.

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

but has the mentality of a jealous teenager.
    That's the most perfect and simplest way to put it.

What I don't get is, why aren't there more critics of Snaq? It's like every single f ckin person avoids saying things about him like he's part of the Yakuza or something and is in fear of retribution. Just ONCE I wanna see a media writer or reporter say something negative about him, just like they do about other players occasionally.

The sheep mentality when it comes to Snaq sickens me. And while I'm ranting, what exactly is sooooooooo f ckin FUNNY about what Snaq says in interviews any f ckin way???????????????? Are people that f ckin dense and shallow to actually find Snaqs humor slightly FUNNY? It's the kinda laugh you give when you laugh just to be polite, it's not like he's actually being witty and funny or satirical in ANY way at all when he gives his so called jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
    i didn't see anything wrong with the officiating when orlando made the finals in 95, or when the lakers made the finals in 00 and 01, or BEFORE the nba finals last year, evben if you discount the 02 and last year championships thats still 4 finals appearences and 2 championships, still unmatched credential for an active player not named tim duncan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    Larry Bird also took offense to any white guy thinking they could take him on the court. I am sure Loki or Blaze could find the exact quote, but it is there.

Is Larry Bird racist too?
    thats not what he said. He took offense to coaches specifically assigning white defenders to him, as if somehow they could read Bird's mind more because they were white. Thats what he said. He was pissed that in a league over 60% black, for some reason whites were specifically assigned to guard him. Thats what he said and meant.
    Shaq's comment was just outright racist but no one cared because his media image is so different

Iverson led a team of top level defenders perfectly built around him to the Finals in one of the worst conferences ever..big deal

The Suns would only have needed to beat one good team (ie the West) just like Miami had to do, while all the West teams beat each other to a pulp just to reach the Finals. I'd say the Suns would have a good chance coming out the East vs any West team, given those circumstances
    ok, lets review by years:

00-02, 04: against the lakers ? please, shaq would run them out of the building.
    03, 05: against the spurs ? same as above.
    maybe against dallas in 06 and even that one is a maybe as dallas already beat phoenix.

Banned

i didn't see anything wrong with the officiating when orlando made the finals in 95, or when the lakers made the finals in 00 and 01, or BEFORE the nba finals last year, evben if you discount the 02 and last year championships thats still 4 finals appearences and 2 championships, still unmatched credential for an active player not named tim duncan.
    Shaq has had 3 of the best swingmen of their times to play with. And it's pretty damn obvious that the latter 2, kobe and wade, are pretty damn good without him

Banned

ok, lets review by years:

00-02, 04: against the lakers ? please, shaq would run them out of the building.
    03, 05: against the spurs ? same as above.
    maybe against dallas in 06 and even that one is a maybe as dallas already beat phoenix.
    you don't think in a 7 game series, a relatively fresh Suns team could take out any of those teams? Thats crazy. All they need is to put together 4 great games, whereas the West teams have to put together 8 great games JUST to get to the Finals.

Shaq has had 3 of the best swingmen of their times to play with. And it's pretty damn obvious that the latter 2, kobe and wade, are pretty damn good without him
    and its pretty obvious that the latter 2, kobe and wade, havent done jack but score a lot of points without him.