Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast
    Local High School Star bleedinpurple's Avatar

Default Re: Shaq calls Nash's MVPs "tainted"

Quote Originally Posted by KWALI
    Who said he wasn't right about it being outta control? WHat I said is it being outta control has nothing to do with the race of the participants...more their standing, status and funds. Debauchery doesn't only happen when black jocks are in large groups it happens when any group of 18-30 year olds are together in larges groups who have money to spend and females are they to please or to be gawked at...

I guess Soccer Hoodlums in Europe are also part of the Black KKK?

He's an idiot.
    OK. I see what you're saying.

Local High School Star WoGiTaLiA1's Avatar

Shaq is spot on the money. Nash is the worst player to win an MVP in my lifetime, and its by a considerable amount. Only AI is even close and on top of that, Nash has two. Thats more than Hakeem, Stockton, Shaq, Robinson, Payton and Drexler just to name a couple of vastyl superior players.

Nash's name has tainted the award, it has become an award that apparently isnt allowed to go to the best player in the league because well that wouldnt be fair on the rest.

There is only one excuse for why there arent exactly 4 players to have won an MVP since 1991 and that is that the award is not serious, its a joke. The only players who have deserved the award are Jordan, Hakeem(Robinson is fair enough), Shaq and Duncan. There is not another player in the league who has deserved MVP consideration, nevermind to win the award.

The NBA needs a serious reform of how its voting is done because the awards have lost credibility.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KWALI
    Who said he wasn't right about it being outta control? WHat I said is it being outta control has nothing to do with the race of the participants...more their standing, status and funds. Debauchery doesn't only happen when black jocks are in large groups it happens when any group of 18-30 year olds are together in larges groups who have money to spend and females are they to please or to be gawked at...

He's an idiot.

Um, it Vegas it wasn't just girls being gawked at. Trust me, it was no exaggeration when people kept saying they were afraid to walk the strip, because you feel like you were gonna get mugged/shot any second.

It wasn't the "drunken partying wildly" kinda scene in Vegas. It was the "shady drug dealers standing in the corner holding something in their pockets". "guys driving back and forth with tinted windows closed all the way except an inch where someone is eyeing the street" kinda thing.

He's an idiot.
    Exactly... I cant stand whitlock.... He lives only to go overboard say stupid sh*t about other black folk...

I swear to God I'd rather run into a racist white guy saying the same crap then hear it from some black guy.... It makes you wanna throw up..

Not even the white people overstated the situation to the degree he did...

he takes pride in that sh*t...

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    Um, it Vegas it wasn't just girls being gawked at. Trust me, it was no exaggeration when people kept saying they were afraid to walk the strip, because you feel like you were gonna get mugged/shot any second.

It wasn't the "drunken partying wildly" kinda scene in Vegas. It was the "shady drug dealers standing in the corner holding something in their pockets". "guys driving back and forth with tinted windows closed all the way except an inch where someone is eyeing the street" kinda thing.
    Well I went to college in Florida and have attended many spring break activities and they are as bad if not worse than any freeknik or greek picnic Ive have ever been to.

The only difference I really see in the hooligans is their race.....

there are white dudes standing around selling X and acid in Ft. Lauderdale at the same rate "shady drug dealers" are standing on the corner...

And beyond that, this is f*ckin Vegas Vegas has the same stuff going on every weekend... But this week was the NBA's fault?

Local High School Star

Shaq was the runner up in 05'? I'm i diehard heat fan and didn't know this.

MLK of NBA Minorities

Shaq is racist.

National High School Star

@ the bump

Dunking on everybody in the park KokeAyne's Avatar

If I was Nash I would purposely throw a bullet pass right into Shaqs face.

Quote Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
    Shaq was the runner up in 05'? I'm i diehard heat fan and didn't know this.
    lol yea, and he lost by the slightest of margin.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHonestTruth
    Shaq is racist.
    That's a fact.

SonOHammerwafer
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Shaqs right, Nash's first MVP was a joke.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by SonOHammerwafer
    Shaqs right, Nash's first MVP was a joke.
    so is the notion that your team's star player can lead his team to an NBA championship without Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
    Shaq is spot on the money. Nash is the worst player to win an MVP in my lifetime, and its by a considerable amount. Only AI is even close and on top of that, Nash has two. Thats more than Hakeem, Stockton, Shaq, Robinson, Payton and Drexler just to name a couple of vastyl superior players.

Nash's name has tainted the award, it has become an award that apparently isnt allowed to go to the best player in the league because well that wouldnt be fair on the rest.

There is only one excuse for why there arent exactly 4 players to have won an MVP since 1991 and that is that the award is not serious, its a joke. The only players who have deserved the award are Jordan, Hakeem(Robinson is fair enough), Shaq and Duncan. There is not another player in the league who has deserved MVP consideration, nevermind to win the award.

The NBA needs a serious reform of how its voting is done because the awards have lost credibility.
    I agree with literally everything you said. It was absolutely shocking to me seeing the players with just 1 MVP as well. I guess i knew it, but seeing them all together on paper almost infuriates me. I suppose i shouldn't care so much, but honestly, how is anyone supposed to take this sport seriously if they don't even acknowledge the true MVP each season? This is a sport without predetermined outcomes after all, the awards should reflect that rather than this media BS.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Jorn444Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bada bing
    so is the notion that your team's star player can lead his team to an NBA championship without Shaq.
    zing?

SonOHammerwafer
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

No he can't, but Bynum can

Lakers have a good chance of making it to the finals this year. I still think the Celtics have the Lakers' number though (mainly because they'll be so well rested).