Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: KG hints towards leaving Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    If the Cs get the top pick I'd love to see the team go after Garnett. Pierce, KG, and Big Al=best frontcourt in the NBA.
    I like the way you think... The Celts would be very very serious contenders... Best in the East for sure... This isn't going to get done unless Ainge is gone though... He'd opt to take on more young talent before he took on KG...
    Last edited by MaxFly; 02-24-2007 at 12:11 PM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    Enough already! KG needs to follow the example of AI and just bolt to a team that actually has a chance. He can hint at leaving all he wants but unless he specifically says "I want out" it's not gonna help him. He's just gonna have another lottery year before he can opt out.
    You know, Iverson and Anthony so far haven't done that well together. Things could change in the future but I'm not sure that going to Denver was the best thing for AI.

Enough already! KG needs to follow the example of AI and just bolt to a team that actually has a chance. He can hint at leaving all he wants but unless he specifically says "I want out" it's not gonna help him. He's just gonna have another lottery year before he can opt out.
    And a team that actually has a chance would be Chicago. At this point we don't even have any decent power forwards other than P.J. Brown who's inconsitant and Tyrus Thomas who's still raw and unproven. Our scoring down low comes mostly from our gaurds and small forwards driving in and still we don't have anyone who can perfect that night in and night out. So, basically K.G. would make us that much better. The starting lineup would look like this:

P.G: Kirk Hinrich
    SG: Ben Gordon
    SF: Luol Deng
    PF: Kevin Garnett
    C: Ben Wallace

We would have one of the best starting lineups in the league for many years since like 75% of the team hasn't been in the NBA for more than 5 years and they're already that good imagine how they'll all be in their prime. If the team doesn't change much through the years, they'll be tough to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Style
    And a team that actually has a chance would be Chicago. At this point we don't even have any decent power forwards other than P.J. Brown who's inconsitant and Tyrus Thomas who's still raw and unproven. Our scoring down low comes mostly from our gaurds and small forwards driving in and still we don't have anyone who can perfect that night in and night out. So, basically K.G. would make us that much better. The starting lineup would look like this:

P.G: Kirk Hinrich
    SG: Ben Gordon
    SF: Luol Deng
    PF: Kevin Garnett
    C: Ben Wallace

We would have one of the best starting lineups in the league for many years since like 75% of the team hasn't been in the NBA for more than 5 years and they're already that good imagine how they'll all be in their prime. If the team doesn't change much through the years, they'll be tough to stop.
    Best believe you'd have to give up Luol Deng to get KG...

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Style
    Please K.G. come back home to Chicago...
    Garnett is actually from South Carolina. So going home would give the Bobcats a better shot than the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Garnett is actually from South Carolina. So going home would give the Bobcats a better shot than the Bulls.
    But even with the addition of KG, the Bobcats wouldn't be a title contender, so I think that a title contender would be the #1 choice were he to leave.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

But even with the addition of KG, the Bobcats wouldn't be a title contender, so I think that a title contender would be the #1 choice were he to leave.
    Perfectly reasonable. I made my comment cause I'm tired of hearing people play the "come home" angle in regards to Chicago.

I agree... I think at this point in his career, KG is looking to be on a solid winning team with a great chance to win a title. Personally, if I were KG, I'd play for the Celtics...

No, seriously... Before anyone laughs, we're going to get a nice pick in the coming draft and we have a lot of young players coming up... We could be a good team for quite some time... and then there's Paul Pierce...

And why haven't they fired McHale yet? I wouldn't trust him to run a lemonade stand.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Yup KG is from Mauldin SC.He recieved alot of pub in the Carolinas.......some good, some bad.He transfered to Farragut in the Chi.He was teammates w/ Ronnie Fields.KG was Mr basketball in 2 states

Quote Originally Posted by dak121
    And why haven't they fired McHale yet? I wouldn't trust him to run a lemonade stand.
    Me neither. He'd probably trade all the fresh ripe lemons for some green underveloped ones because they have the potential to become ripe and then leave everyone with a sour taste.

Local High School Star

If he opt outs he will come to the East.

Me neither. He'd probably trade all the fresh ripe lemons for some green underveloped ones because they have the potential to become ripe and then leave everyone with a sour taste.
    Are was talking about McHale or Ainge?
    Last edited by MaxFly; 02-24-2007 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Are was talking about McHale of Ainge?
    I meant Ainge.

I meant Ainge.
    Lol, probably applies to both...